G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Any thoughts on speedos at Sandals resorts?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

sandford50
Great Britain

Re: Any thoughts on speedos at Sandals resorts?

Post by sandford50 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:06 am

Solar73 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:33 am
If there was any place/places on the planet that I would wear a Speedo without worry or hesitation it would be on ANY well known vacation beach outside of the US. To be totally honest though, any place that isn’t what I would call my home local area.. (1.5-2hrs from home) WHO CARES who sees?? Who’s approval am I/you seeking? Who cares if they don’t approve?? As long as any negative comments are just comments and nothing violent… Be civil and move on. If out of the country, I’d even give a thong a go..as who’s gonna see you there that you really care about??
Are you ever gonna see them agian,who are they gonna tell?

Bottom line.. ROCK THE SPEEDO!! Be normal not a creepy perv type and all will be fine.. When the next Speedo guy comes along and also acts totally normal… The naysayers will have less to fuss about…Normal people in Normal swimwear!
Right, I’m sold. Time to start sorting out which styles to wear.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:40 am

Solar73 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:33 am
If there was any place/places on the planet that I would wear a Speedo without worry or hesitation it would be on ANY well known vacation beach outside of the US. To be totally honest though, any place that isn’t what I would call my home local area.. (1.5-2hrs from home) WHO CARES who sees?? Who’s approval am I/you seeking? Who cares if they don’t approve?? As long as any negative comments are just comments and nothing violent… Be civil and move on. If out of the country, I’d even give a thong a go..as who’s gonna see you there that you really care about??
Are you ever gonna see them agian,who are they gonna tell?

Bottom line.. ROCK THE SPEEDO!! Be normal not a creepy perv type and all will be fine.. When the next Speedo guy comes along and also acts totally normal… The naysayers will have less to fuss about…Normal people in Normal swimwear!
Ha ha, I need you to give this pep talk to my wife. That's exactly what I tell her when we go to the panhandle of Florida.

sandford50
Great Britain

Post by sandford50 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:57 pm

sandford50 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:45 am
So, we’re putting ourselves out there and venturing to Sandals, Antigua next month for a long overdue break (omicron not withstanding). Would love to feel free to wear my speedos out there. Anyone got any experience? Yay, nay? Keen to hear.
I’m the only speedo guy here, but guess what? I don’t care. It’s all about the tan!

Solar73
United States of America

Post by Solar73 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:00 am

Way to go Sanford!!! Be totally confident in yourself and enjoy the sun. Hopefully your conduct helps reestablish the acceptance of Speedo style swimwear. If it makes you feel any better of the two community pools I swim at (both indoor so sadly no help in the tan department, but I have 2 clothing optional resorts and 2 nude beach’s for that) I’ve only seen maybe 3-4 other speedos combined in 2 yr. I started wearing “Sporti Euros” then one day I realized nobody cared I went to Gary Majdell “Ultra Greeks” and again even if I was there when the lesson for kids were in session, still no issues. So as that told me I was overthinking speedos, I’ve since switched to Desmitt thongs for the adult swims (2x a week) at the smaller pool and just switch to them full time at the large of the two as I haven’t seen any kids in the lap pool yet. And like being the only one in Speedos, I just act totally normal and confident, and so far… Not an issue :-)

whoami

Post by whoami » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:14 am

I bet some men there have speedos with them but they just don’t have the guts. Sometimes if one speedo is spotted, more speedos will come out and it’ll lose up dress code for women as well. that said I did hear Aruba is full of Americans therefore more uptight in swimming attire choices. This is one of the reasons I frequented St Martin where anything goes both at the beach and at the hotels.

sandford50
Great Britain

Post by sandford50 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:05 pm

whoami wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:14 am
I bet some men there have speedos with them but they just don’t have the guts. Sometimes if one speedo is spotted, more speedos will come out and it’ll lose up dress code for women as well. that said I did hear Aruba is full of Americans therefore more uptight in swimming attire choices. This is one of the reasons I frequented St Martin where anything goes both at the beach and at the hotels.
Only wear them when swimming, wading to the pool bar or sunbathing. If walking around I slip on the shorts. I know it’s an adult only resort, but it’s not ‘that’ kind of adult only resort!