G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Fitness + Swimming Goals for 2022

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Idaho
United States of America

Fitness + Swimming Goals for 2022

Post by Idaho » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:30 am

Hey all, in the spirit of jca155's thread from last year I wanted to start this, even if it's just for me to document and have some accountability.

I've always been a decent swimmer, growing up with all the rivers and lakes in North Idaho will do that, but its only been the last couple of years that I seriously started swimming for fitness. 2020 I started swimming laps at the city pool in the mornings, but that was only for 3 months before I left for Army boot camp. Then 2021 I made it to my first duty station in Texas, didn't have a vehicle and didn't have an on base pool to go to, so didn't start swimming last year until October.

I'm not the fastest swimmer, nor do I cover the most distance in a session. Right now I've been mostly swimming just as a cool down after weightlifting. I'll do my workout and then swim between 500 to 1,000 meters depending on how tired I am.

I wan't to improve my swims, I need to find someone to help me with correcting techniques and just to help push me.
I'm wanting to lose about 30-40 pounds, (13-18 kg) I'm currently at 235 lb (106 kg) and want to be around 190 lb (86 kg)
lean without losing too much muscle.

Idaho
United States of America

Re: Fitness + Swimming Goals for 2022

Post by Idaho » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:33 am

Here's my starting pics

Speedotommy
Great Britain

Post by Speedotommy » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:54 pm

Idaho wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:30 am
Hey all, in the spirit of jca155's thread from last year I wanted to start this, even if it's just for me to document and have some accountability.

I've always been a decent swimmer, growing up with all the rivers and lakes in North Idaho will do that, but its only been the last couple of years that I seriously started swimming for fitness. 2020 I started swimming laps at the city pool in the mornings, but that was only for 3 months before I left for Army boot camp. Then 2021 I made it to my first duty station in Texas, didn't have a vehicle and didn't have an on base pool to go to, so didn't start swimming last year until October.

I'm not the fastest swimmer, nor do I cover the most distance in a session. Right now I've been mostly swimming just as a cool down after weightlifting. I'll do my workout and then swim between 500 to 1,000 meters depending on how tired I am.

I wan't to improve my swims, I need to find someone to help me with correcting techniques and just to help push me.
I'm wanting to lose about 30-40 pounds, (13-18 kg) I'm currently at 235 lb (106 kg) and want to be around 190 lb (86 kg)
Best of luck mate, you can do it! And remember you always have us here to keep you motivated 8)
Single gay guy, almost always horny, living my best life! 8) Speedoing it up whenever I can

jca155
Canada

Post by jca155 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:35 pm

Idaho wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:30 am

Hey Idaho! Thank you for starting this new thread. I am sure this is a thread full of inspiration and motivation.

By looking at your pictures, I guess you have a decent amount of muscle to start with already. Pretty sure it’s beneficial for fat burn.

I make good progress last year by lifting weights plus swimming Monday to Friday and I tried not to eat more. That's how I reached calorie deficits and reduced my fat %. I lost a bit of muscle by doing so but the muscle loss has stabilized already.

I gained about 8 lbs, and 1% of body fat over the Christmas break. That's because of the holiday eating and a week of being sick after. They gave me a major setback. Hopefully, I can turn it around by picking up some quality swimming and gym sessions, as well as paying more attention to my diet.

As mentioned by many guys in the 2021 thread, it is important to sign up for a class or join a swim club to improve your technique. In-person teaching is far better than figuring things out yourself because you always need someone to give you feedback on your technique.

Let's do this! Looking forward to seeing your updates. I will provide mine too!
Johnny in Vancouver

swimsharkau
Australia

Post by swimsharkau » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:00 am

Best of luck Idaho on your swim goals.

Seconded on the getting technique right/lessons.

It makes swimming so much easier and pleasurable when you can move through the water properly and efficiently.

I've picked up rowing again this Oz summer and after tuning my technique am making really good progress now and really enjoying myself.

Check out some of the good hints/tips videos on YouTube such as this -
https://youtu.be/s2h0tFWwqFc

oldspeedo
United States of America

Post by oldspeedo » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:55 am

Idaho.....good luck on your goals. I'm the same body type as you are, and understand how difficult it is to stay in shape and keep the weight off.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:34 pm

Good luck, Idaho! Looking forward to positive updates from you!

samuraispeedo
Great Britain

Post by samuraispeedo » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:01 am

Keep up the great work buddy, you’ll get there! Stay consistent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idaho
United States of America

Post by Idaho » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:55 am

Not speedo pics but accountability, I don't necessarily feel like I can see progress but I'm getting in the gym regularly.
I'm switching to a full body workout 3-4 times a week and will swim on the in between days.

Mark495
United States of America

Post by Mark495 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:18 am

1. Keep in good enough shape to keep wearing a Speedo to the pool
2. Make out with one of the MILFs I see doing my morning laps in the pool.

solarguy
United States of America

Post by solarguy » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:51 pm

Looking great Idaho!! Keep at it!