G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Arena’s mythical swimwear

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Ceolona
United States of America

Post by Ceolona » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:23 pm

May be old news, but I think I found the way to get those skimpier Arena briefs that no one can find. I discovered a 2021 catalog that has the 5cm Santamarias, Fundamentals Allover, and the 3.5 Savatis briefs. The catalog has them listed under beachwear, not swimwear.

The Allover (item 004326) and Santamarias (item 16752) only show up in European sites (Amazon, Arena). The Savatis (item 16751) seems to show up only in resellers from Central Europe.

Search for the item numbers …and good hunting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twink99
Netherlands

Re: Arena’s mythical swimwear

Post by twink99 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:21 pm

You can buy the Santamarias from Arena directly: https://www.arenasport.com/en_row/16752 ... brief.html

Personally I would like a size 70, bit of a bummer they don't sell them in that size. I usually wear size 28", XS or sometimes S, or European children's size 164/168.

A size 75 would probably be on the loose side for me since these aren't made to be tight, or isn't it?
Board shorts are for sissies

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:45 pm

twink99 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:21 pm
A size 75 would probably be on the loose side for me since these aren't made to be tight, or isn't it?
At least for the Savatis, they aren't especially tight, no. I would say that they're very soft and comfortable without being too compressive. They're pretty revealing and very brief, but I like that kind of suit, so...

And there's an Italian swim shop called Master Nuoto that sells Savatis, Santamarias, and other Arena suits on eBay. That's where I got my Savatis (which I love):
savatis1.jpeg
savatis1.jpeg (74.28 KiB) Viewed 6866 times
savatis2.jpeg
savatis2.jpeg (69.72 KiB) Viewed 6866 times

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:57 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:45 pm
twink99 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:21 pm
At least for the Savatis, they aren't especially tight, no. I would say that they're very soft and comfortable without being too compressive. They're pretty revealing and very brief, but I like that kind of suit, so...

And there's an Italian swim shop called Master Nuoto that sells Savatis, Santamarias, and other Arena suits on eBay. That's where I got my Savatis (which I love):
Thinks for this info. Awesome suit. The cool model looks skinny so he might be wearing 75/30. None too tight in the butt on him.
Long time Speedo® lover

Flatfront
United States of America

Post by Flatfront » Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:48 am

deleted
Last edited by Flatfront on Wed May 11, 2022 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ceolona
United States of America

Post by Ceolona » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:19 pm

Flatfront wrote:It seems Arena is now selling them as Women's bikini bottoms, fully lined, and guys are buying them.
That’s probably an error on Amazons part. The catalog has it as women’s separates. But yes, there are men wearing them and writing reviews. :)

Catalog: https://issuu.com/mutasport/docs/catalo ... isualizati

londondan
Great Britain

Post by londondan » Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:00 am

Ceolona wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:19 pm
Flatfront wrote:It seems Arena is now selling them as Women's bikini bottoms, fully lined, and guys are buying them.
That’s probably an error on Amazons part. The catalog has it as women’s separates. But yes, there are men wearing them and writing reviews. :)

Catalog: https://issuu.com/mutasport/docs/catalo ... isualizati

I didn't realise Arena had a catalogue. Very useful to see the the width measurements.

Ceolona
United States of America

Post by Ceolona » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:46 pm

londondan wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:00 am
I didn't realise Arena had a catalogue. Very useful to see the the width measurements.
I think most do. …but mainly for resellers and team purchases. :)

Most telling is the diagram for the mens brief. The 5cm has a higher leg opening than the 7, rather than a shorter rise.

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:32 pm

Just buy from Japan if you want real skimpy swimsuit like worn in Japan. You can buy new from Amazon.jp or Rakuten, or you buy used on Yahoo Auctions, and you can order from any of them from America by using a website called https://zenmarket.jp/#.

It is pretty much like eBay andis entirely in English. The acts shows all listings and acts as an intermediary to the sites like Amazon, Yahoo auctions, etc. You bid for items on Yahoo Auctions or buy from Amazon.jp and Zenkarket does teh actual transaction on your behalf and then ships it to you. Cost of using Zenkarket is pretty reasonable, their service is outstanding, and there is no sign up fee.

Yahoo auctions is great if you are looking for genuine Japanese kyoupan (competition bread) which are the genuine skimpy Japanese swimsuits like you can see me wearing in my pictures !

Prices for genuine kyoupan are not cheap, but still worth it!

Here is a link to current listings for the competition swimwear on Yahoo auctions so you can see what's available. You may have to set your browser to translate from Japanese to English if it doesn't do it automatically.

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/category/l ... 1=featured

Just keep in mind that Japanese sizes are way smaller than American sizes. The sizing in Japan is called JASPO, and here is the conversion table (in centimeters):
Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 9.39.26 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 9.39.26 AM.jpg (37.69 KiB) Viewed 6169 times

If you think that Arena is hot in American, you need to see what the Japanse version looks like, Here is one in current listing in Size L, and the bids right now are at about $21 USD
Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 9.42.21 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 9.42.21 AM.jpg (47.58 KiB) Viewed 6169 times
JASPO Sizing for Arena in centimeters (Height is column 1, Waist is column 3)
Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 9.46.49 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 9.46.49 AM.jpg (48.69 KiB) Viewed 6169 times
Yahoo Auctions listing: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/au ... 1041125640

twink99
Netherlands

Post by twink99 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:08 pm

Recently ordered an Arena Santamarias brief smallest size I could find: 75 (S). It will probably be delivered somewhere this week. Hopefully it isn't too big for me, I would rather have bought a size 70 (XS).

Kyoupan sound very interesting to me. Are these good: https://en.kyouei-mizugi.com/product.php?pid=354

I want my butt crack covered. Not out of prudishness, but I don't find it very comfortable if the dwawstring isn't above the butt crack. What would be the best size for me based on what I told about my size in this topic (see second post)?

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:03 pm

twink99 wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:08 pm
Recently ordered an Arena Santamarias brief smallest size I could find: 75 (S). It will probably be delivered somewhere this week. Hopefully it isn't too big for me, I would rather have bought a size 70 (XS).

Kyoupan sound very interesting to me. Are these good: https://en.kyouei-mizugi.com/product.php?pid=354

I want my butt crack covered. Not out of prudishness, but I don't find it very comfortable if the dwawstring isn't above the butt crack. What would be the best size for me based on what I told about my size in this topic (see second post)?
I like TYR but don't see too many around anymore. I had a pair as a kid, and they cover your butt crack for sure BUT the back seam was intentionally made to accentuate each butt cheek to make them look super defined. That is, the back seam goes deep up into your crack). Feels a little creepy at first but you quickly would get used to them doing that.

I mean, I shouldn't say they were intentionally designed to do that, but that's how you look wearing them .

twink99
Netherlands

Post by twink99 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:00 pm

SammyKyoupan wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:03 pm
I like TYR but don't see too many around anymore. I had a pair as a kid, and they cover your butt crack for sure BUT the back seam was intentionally made to accentuate each butt cheek to make them look super defined. That is, the back seam goes deep up into your crack). Feels a little creepy at first but you quickly would get used to them doing that.

I mean, I shouldn't say they were intentionally designed to do that, but that's how you look wearing them .
Oh, I actually like that. The part of my body that I like most is my butt. :lol: Sounds perfect, I will consider buying them. Thanks!

SammyKyoupan
Japan

Post by SammyKyoupan » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:16 am

twink99 wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:00 pm
SammyKyoupan wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:03 pm

Oh, I actually like that. The part of my body that I like most is my butt. :lol: Sounds perfect, I will consider buying them. Thanks!
Hahaha! I'm like that too! Just so you know, Seobean bikini style swimsuits are just like that, and very inexpensive on AliExpress (around $10 USD). IMO they are sexier than TYR
https://seobean.com/collections/swim-br ... wear-50905

You can buy them on AliExpress
https://th.aliexpress.com/item/32707396 ... 2e0e9vtwN5

SpeedoFetish
Japan

Post by SpeedoFetish » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:38 am

SammyKyoupan wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:16 am

Hahaha! I'm like that too! Just so you know, Seobean bikini style swimsuits are just like that, and very inexpensive on AliExpress (around $10 USD). IMO they are sexier than TYR
https://seobean.com/collections/swim-br ... wear-50905

You can buy them on AliExpress
https://th.aliexpress.com/item/32707396 ... 2e0e9vtwN5

One of my favorite swimsuits of all time is this Desmiit bikini on the Seobean site. It's very small and sexy but has JUST enough coverage to look like a "legitimate" swimsuit that can be worn even at family-oriented beaches. I have worn this one at many different places. (It also has the seam down the middle of the butt that accentuates your butt's shape.)

https://seobean.com/collections/swim-br ... 0691188822

By the way, I LOVED the old Japanese Arena kyoupan and bought many pairs over the years.

Asics87T
Australia

Post by Asics87T » Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:56 pm

I like the smooth fabric of the arena bespoke swimsuits although the sides are a little too thin for me to use at the pool

It is a shame they are no longer available, the logo is beginning to peel
20220330_095223_copy_800x620.jpg
20220330_095223_copy_800x620.jpg (96.67 KiB) Viewed 5525 times

lycramike34
Great Britain

Post by lycramike34 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:32 am

Who doesn't love any of Arena's Trunks.
Attachments
199.jpg
Got to Love a Yellow one too.
199.jpg (110.37 KiB) Viewed 5462 times
176.jpg
Red with White Strip
176.jpg (116.55 KiB) Viewed 5462 times
137.jpg
Bit more Skimpy all in White
137.jpg (114.32 KiB) Viewed 5462 times
116.jpg
Nice White Full Brief
116.jpg (111.04 KiB) Viewed 5462 times

whoami

Post by whoami » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:03 am

[/quote]

I mean, I shouldn't say they were intentionally designed to do that, but that's how you look wearing them .[/quote]

I thought the design is to reduce drag in water? I saw similar design on some major competitive brands.

Also, the cut of TYR suits I’m interested in on that web is with lifeguard print. I’m not a lifeguard so I don’t know wearing those in public would cause some complications. Otherwise, I would love to own some.

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:57 pm

twink99 wrote:

This is my go-to site for my briefs. It's a little quirky. A lot of the suits are listed as "0" (zero) in supply. I don't know why they just don't get removed. And yeah they're expensive. But there a great place to buy Japanese briefs. I'm a size 31 waist, and I usually buy size "L" there for a snug fit. Size "O" has worked well for me for more conservative coverage.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:16 pm

clem wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:57 pm
twink99 wrote:

This is my go-to site for my briefs. It's a little quirky. A lot of the suits are listed as "0" (zero) in supply. I don't know why they just don't get removed. And yeah they're expensive. But there a great place to buy Japanese briefs. I'm a size 31 waist, and I usually buy size "L" there for a snug fit. Size "O" has worked well for me for more conservative coverage.
I'm the same size. That's been my experience for Japan sizing. Haven't bought from this site yet.
Long time Speedo® lover

BozeHawk
Canada

Post by BozeHawk » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:35 am

londondan wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:00 am

Here's a link to their Spring/Summer 2022 catalogue.

https://www.flipsnack.com/sozmai/ss22-c ... final.html