G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Has anyone worn a thong in public?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

twink99
Netherlands

Has anyone worn a thong in public?

Post by twink99 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:55 am

I'm just curious, has anyone here worn a thong in public, and if yes, what was your experience? How did people react? Where did you do it?
Board shorts are for sissies

ChicagoDan

Re: Has anyone worn a thong in public?

Post by ChicagoDan » Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:57 am

Yes, I wore one on the lakefront in Chicago a number of years ago. I had no issues, however, it was to a more gay friendly area.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:59 am

I have worn one on a beach in Scotland, I did keep it fairly discreet on a quieter bit of beach, however it would have been seen when I went in for a swim - no reaction.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

pix54
Australia

Post by pix54 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:52 pm

I often wear an Andrew Christian thong around the house which can involve going out the front to check the mail.
Never had any comments from our neighbours.
And many years ago I went to Thailand and was always wearing just a thong around the beach huts where I was staying and also in the water.
Probably not the best thing to wear in Thailand but again, no one complained.

GUS
South Africa

Post by GUS » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:10 am

No problem in wearing thongs in Barcekona Greece Netherlands Germany Mauritius and some areas in South Africa

GUS
South Africa

Post by GUS » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:13 am

:) No problem in wearing thongs in Barcekona Greece Netherlands Germany Mauritius and some areas in South Africa

sandford50
Great Britain

Post by sandford50 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:55 am

twink99 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:55 am
I'm just curious, has anyone here worn a thong in public, and if yes, what was your experience? How did people react? Where did you do it?
Only seen one guy in a thong on the beach. Was in Crete a few years ago, and he was with a hot GF in one too. Glad I was wearing sunglasses that day!

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Post by Norfcountryboy » Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:15 am

Quiet beaches, alone-ish by the river and sex clubs. Never had any problems but a lot of positive interest in the clubs;)
Real men wear Speedo's

Flatfront
United States of America

Post by Flatfront » Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:29 am

I have worn slingshot thongs at crowded Beaches for many years, no one minds at all. Occasionally someone asks to take a selfie with me, which is nice. This style stays on in strong surf.
Last edited by Flatfront on Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

yamamay
United States of America

Post by yamamay » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:02 pm

I've worn thongs at south beach and also at lakefront beaches and swimming holes locally. No one has ever mentioned it, but I have had numerous positive/friendly interactions while wearing them.

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:19 pm

yamamay wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:02 pm
I've worn thongs at south beach and also at lakefront beaches and swimming holes locally. No one has ever mentioned it, but I have had numerous positive/friendly interactions while wearing them.
Tell us a bit more!!

SpeedoFetish
Japan

Post by SpeedoFetish » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:24 am

I used to wear thongs for lap swimming. Between about 2005 and 2009, I swam once or twice a week at my health club pool in thongs. I usually chose less crowded times and swam in the lane farthest from the pool entrance. As I walked around poolside or between the locker room and pool, I usually tucked a small swim towel in the rear waistband to cover my butt and then removed it to swim. But sometimes I would walk around without the towel. No one ever said a word. Occasionally someone would strike up a conversation with me and we would chat about something or other. No one ever commented on my thongs.

There were also a couple of public indoor pools for lap swimming where I wore thongs several times (also in the 2005-2009 time frame). No one said anything until those pools eventually banned thongs, and then I was asked to cover up. My neighborhood health club never banned thongs or asked me to stop, but I eventually stopped. Even though I loved the feel of thongs in the water and still believe they are the most practical swimwear for swimming, the thrill of wearing a thong in public wore off and I just didn't feel a strong desire to do it anymore. I suspect the health club eventually would have asked me to stop anyway, because swimsuit styles have become more conservative over the years and now it's rare even to see speedos.

trunksfan
Great Britain

Post by trunksfan » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:06 pm

Yes in Maspalomas Gran Canaria !

londondan
Great Britain

Post by londondan » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:13 am

I've worn them on quiet beaches for subathing and swimming. If it's not too busy then I don't see you having a problem.

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:38 am

Yes. Got many numbers doing this!

Silkysmooth
United States of America

Post by Silkysmooth » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:32 am

Many times at Florida beaches. No one ever said anything, but twice as many men then women would nod and smile slightly at my sexy ass, as I'm often called.♥️

OBXspeedo
United States of America

Post by OBXspeedo » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:04 pm

Yes, in Hawaii, Florida, Palm Springs, Ca., North Carolina. I got some looks. Mainly positive reactions.
Last edited by OBXspeedo on Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:59 am

Yes, I will regularly wear a thong or g-string at whatever beach or pool I am at, unless it is specifically prohibited (no thongs at Clearwater Beach in Florida). Places I have worn thongs or g-string include:
South Beach, Miami, FL
Clearwater Beach, FL
Saint Pete Beach, FL
Indian Rocks Beach, FL
Madeira Beach, FL
Indian Pass, Port St. Joe, FL
Pensacola, FL
Mobile, AL
Dauphin Island, AL
Lafayette, LA
Galveston, TX
Los Angeles, CA
Burbank, CA
San Francisco, CA
Las Vegas, NV
Chico Hot Springs, Pray, MT
Grand Rapids, MI
Tupelo, MS
British Virgin Islands
Cancun, Mexico
Jamaica
Cayman Islands
Puerto Rico

The point is, just put it on and wear it. You care more about what you are wearing than anyone else. Wear what you want, if anyone has anything negative to say, it just shows their insecurities. You, on the other hand, are extremely confident and secure as you have the guts to wear what you want.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:36 pm

MrMusik wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:59 am
Yes, I will regularly wear a thong or g-string at whatever beach or pool I am at, unless it is specifically prohibited (no thongs at Clearwater Beach in Florida). Places I have worn thongs or g-string include:
South Beach, Miami, FL
Clearwater Beach, FL
What happened at Clearwater?

I haven't been to South Beach in years. Must drive down.

You sure do get to travel.

T.
Long time Speedo® lover

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:07 am

Thom wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:36 pm
MrMusik wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:59 am
South Beach, Miami, FL
Clearwater Beach, FL
What happened at Clearwater?

I haven't been to South Beach in years. Must drive down.

You sure do get to travel.

T.
So, that is the funny thing... nothing happened the day I wore my thong at Clearwater. Apparently the police were not patrolling the beach and there were no lifeguards out. It was also off season and hardly anyone was around. It was like a ghost town compared to the zoo Clearwater Beach can be.

I found out the details regarding Clearwater Beach's laws when I visited the fantastic Skinz store in Clearwater. The nice lady that was helping me explained the situation and I came to the conclusion that I got lucky. Thankfully there are plenty of other fantastic beaches down the coast a bit.

I have been blessed with the opportunity to travel a good bit. I would love to travel more, but my situation has changed a lot. I expect the travel will be a lot less for the foreseeable future. One day I'll be able to get back out there. In the mean time I'm building a backyard oasis where I can be as naked as I desire with no issues. My closest neighbors are about 380 and 470 meters (1,246 and 1,542 feet, approximately) away though a densely wooded pine forest. It will be nice one we get moved out there!