G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Jockstraps

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

swimmerguy
United States of America

Jockstraps

Post by swimmerguy » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:25 am

Not really related to speedos but I’m curious what people think on this. If a guy wears a jockstrap do you think that guy is gay?

Here in the states some think wearing a Speedo Is gay and I feel like they also think jockstraps are for gay people. They were originally meant for jocks, or athletes, to hold their penis in place.

Any thoughts on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PNWGuy

Re: Jockstraps

Post by PNWGuy » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:17 pm

A jockstrap is an athletic undergarment that means nothing about one's sexuality. However, if a guy is wearing nothing but a jock in a public setting then I think there's a good chance they're gay. My husband and I went to underwear night at a gay bar in Palm Springs a couple of weeks ago and the most common garment was a jock. I wore a fundoshi and my husband a speedo-type brief.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:48 pm

I thought they were sportswear also, normally for holding boxes in place for cricket and baseball players etc.

SpeedoFetish
Japan

Post by SpeedoFetish » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:57 pm

The thing about jockstraps these days is that they are basically obsolete as a functional garment. There are many types and brands of athletic underwear these days that serve the same purpose without exposing one's rear. So nowadays jocks really are nothing more than a certain type of fashion. Note that I'm not arguing against jocks or saying they're bad. I'm always happy to admire a nice ass in one, and part of me would like to try wearing a jock myself...

PugLover41
United States of America

Post by PugLover41 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:41 am

I wear a jock as my daily underwear. Love the support for the boys. Glad I switched to them.

swimmerguy
United States of America

Post by swimmerguy » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:48 am

So If I wear to wear one and say I was walking around the Locker room in the gym in just a jockstrap, would you think I’m gay?

BozeHawk
Canada

Post by BozeHawk » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:35 am

Like a woman's bra, a man's athletic supporter is just a functional piece of clothing that serves a purpose. A bra supports and protects a woman's breasts, a jock supports and protects a man's testicles. Would you consider all women wearing bras lesbians? Yikes, why fetishize or even fret about it?

swimmerguy
United States of America

Post by swimmerguy » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:41 am

BozeHawk wrote:Like a woman's bra, a man's athletic supporter is just a functional piece of clothing that serves a purpose. A bra supports and protects a woman's breasts, a jock supports and protects a man's testicles. Would you consider all women wearing bras lesbians? Yikes, why fetishize or even fret about it?
You’re right. It’s not a big deal but I just like to see what people think. I started to wear jock straps to the gym and not sure what others think when they see one on a guy. I wear for their purpose

BozeHawk
Canada

Post by BozeHawk » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:30 am

swimmerguy wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:41 am
You’re right. It’s not a big deal but I just like to see what people think. I started to wear jock straps to the gym and not sure what others think when they see one on a guy. I wear for their purpose
Guys of a certain age have probably worn a jock since they were about thirteen or fourteen when their gym instructor handed them a list of required items for PE. Dad would usually take their now pubescent son to buy and explain the items on the list.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:33 pm

Oh I thought the jock strap went over your undies normally. I just recall a friend who played baseball talking about them.

School cricket, we used to just put the kit box on under our undies. Nobody ever spoke about it, probably because it was a bit feral but nobody wanted their nuts smashed either.

SpeedoFetish
Japan

Post by SpeedoFetish » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:28 pm

swimmerguy wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:48 am
So If I wear to wear one and say I was walking around the Locker room in the gym in just a jockstrap, would you think I’m gay?

I wouldn't necessarily assume you are gay (or care one way or the other). To be honest, I would be relieved to see someone else who wears unconventional underwear. (I wear very skimpy bikini briefs and have worn thongs in the past.)

swimmerguy
United States of America

Post by swimmerguy » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:38 pm

When I wear the jockstrap I wear only the jockstrap so my ass is out. I like to wear at gym to workout in. When it comes time to shower or change into a speedo for the pool I strip down obviously so guys see me in the jockstrap. Just always wondered what they thought maybe of me seeing me in just a jockstrap

Idaho
United States of America

Post by Idaho » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:14 pm

So I find jockstraps sexy but not sexual, if that makes sense. They’re not inherently gay, but it depends on the context and brand/style of jock. If it's at the gym or someone just wearing it as underwear i wouldn't think they were gay especially if it's a fairly standard style jock like a Bike or Gym brand for example, but if someone is wearing an Andrew Christian mesh jock then I would probably suspect the guy was gay or bi.

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:26 pm

SpeedoFetish wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:57 pm
The thing about jockstraps these days is that they are basically obsolete as a functional garment. There are many types and brands of athletic underwear these days that serve the same purpose without exposing one's rear. So nowadays jocks really are nothing more than a certain type of fashion. Note that I'm not arguing against jocks or saying they're bad. I'm always happy to admire a nice ass in one, and part of me would like to try wearing a jock myself...
Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. You don't see the straps through football or baseball pants anymore, with all the high-tech, compression, supportive boxer brief-type undergarments now.

I never liked wearing a jock during my athletic team days. The elastic wore out quickly, so they were soon poor-fitting. Plus I was a catcher, so a cup was vital. I had the bright idea to keep wearing the cup for football season (protection is protection right?), but there are many contorted situations on the gridiron where a cup will painfully pinch and dig into its nearby areas. Lesson learned quickly!

MrMusik
United States of America

Post by MrMusik » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:42 pm

I never really enjoyed wearing jocks. I had regular Bike jocks with the rough pouch and 3" waistband and I also had swimmer jocks which were essentially the same thing just with a 1" waist band. I always hated the material and I didn't like the way they fit. I disliked my experiences with jocks so much that at some point in high school (in the early 1990's) I quit with the jocks altogether and started just wearing lycra shorts and a cropped shirt under my football gear and for physical education class. Yes, for physical education, I would just slip on my lycra shorts (bike shorts without the pad) an pull on a shirt that was cut high to just fit under my football pads. The girls loved it and I enjoyed the freedom. Had I known then what I know now, I would have been all about wearing a swim thong instead of a jock under my football gear. The fit is WAY better, the support is equal to better (mostly because of the fit), and the materials are definitely on point. I would totally be wearing a Cocksox swim thong instead of a jock today.

Enter "fashion jocks" from the likes of Andrew Christian. I have a couple different fashion jocks from Andrew Christian and they are okay. I still don't care for the fit, though the materials are MUCH nicer and it isn't like I can just wear a jock around like I can a bikini swimsuit. I would have to wear something over it.

To me, these days a jock is something that a bottom wears when they are looking to get a hot semen injection in the backside. There is much better gear to wear if you are looking for support during sports. The thick strap on a jock is good for one thing: a handle that the top can use to slam that bottom down on his shaft and the pouch handily keeps the bottom's clit contained. Anyway, that's just my opinion.

ReservedEnthusiast
Italy

Post by ReservedEnthusiast » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:44 am

Idaho wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:14 pm
So I find jockstraps sexy but not sexual, if that makes sense. They’re not inherently gay, but it depends on the context and brand/style of jock. If it's at the gym or someone just wearing it as underwear i wouldn't think they were gay especially if it's a fairly standard style jock like a Bike or Gym brand for example, but if someone is wearing an Andrew Christian mesh jock then I would probably suspect the guy was gay or bi.
My thoughts exactly! It's all about context and design/brand.