G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Uptick of women in thongs

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

_su_
United States of America

Uptick of women in thongs

Post by _su_ » Sun May 15, 2022 2:59 pm

A bit off-topic for these forums, but I noticed yesterday and today a huge uptick of women in thongs at my local beach. Normally, sightings were about as rare as seeing anyone (other than myself) in a speedo, which was 1 or 2 times per year. Yesterday it was about 50%; today maybe a little less. My wife commented it was nice with the body-positive movement of late that people seem more comfortable wearing what they really want to wear. I have no complaints. Anyone else noticing an increase in thong wearers?

Thom
United States of America

Re: Uptick of women in thongs

Post by Thom » Sun May 15, 2022 3:36 pm

_su_ wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 2:59 pm
A bit off-topic for these forums, but I noticed yesterday and today a huge uptick of women in thongs at my local beach. Normally, sightings were about as rare as seeing anyone (other than myself) in a speedo, which was 1 or 2 times per year. Yesterday it was about 50%; today maybe a little less. My wife commented it was nice with the body-positive movement of late that people seem more comfortable wearing what they really want to wear. I have no complaints. Anyone else noticing an increase in thong wearers?
On some of the Florida beaches, yes. I also see the body positive movement evident in women wearing lycra leggings and the like. Apparel that was once reserved for exercise attire is worn casually for everyday activities.
Long time Speedo® lover

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Mon May 16, 2022 8:42 am

The line has completely blurred, if not vaporized, between what is a straight-up thong, what is "cheeky", what is medium coverage, etc. Young women swimmers are wearing one- and two-pieces to work out that would've caused a scandal just a couple decades ago, but now are essentially standard. Check out the two-piece top & briefs that female track 'n' field athletes are wearing. Watch Olympic Beach volleyball bikinis over the years compared to the bottoms from last year.. Plus all the usual Wal-Mart beachwear. It certainly is an ongoing trend, although I'm not complaining, I wonder what more modest gals are doing....

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Tue May 17, 2022 2:13 am

The trend in younger gals' bottoms has been getting cheekier for several years. Rarely do you see a “full cut” bottom anymore. Even one piece competition suits worn by springboard / platform divers are showing a lot more cheek now. And female water polo players too. Exposing the bottom halves of derrières is now standard. And woman of adulthood, in their early 20s and older and even some in their late teens are exposing even more of their butts. Thong bottoms aren’t the exception now, they’re the norm, and it’s great!

And it’s not just in the USA, it’s worldwide. More prevalent even in other countries than here, and in fact, much older women, in their 50s, 60s and older, are baring their asses on the beach and I salute them! God bless them all!
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

sandford50
Great Britain

Post by sandford50 » Wed May 18, 2022 2:23 am

Mmm, need to be on a beach where girls were thongs. Am in Majorca next week so fingers crossed.

sydsox
Australia

Post by sydsox » Wed May 18, 2022 5:40 am

In Australia, it is the norm for girls to wear thongs to the beach, some very tiny! Over the last two years it is quite rare for normal bikinis and generally it works out ok. There are some who should reconsider but overall its even accepted at the local pool.

At my local pool some don't even swim, just wear it for a tan. Even the most basic swimwear shop stocks more thongs than normal from what I've seen.
With mens swimwear, it's not the same but briefs are getting smaller and acceptable. Still most wear shorts to the beach.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Fri May 20, 2022 12:57 am

sandford50 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 2:23 am
Mmm, need to be on a beach where girls were thongs. Am in Majorca next week so fingers crossed.
You will definitely see them there!
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Sat May 21, 2022 7:12 pm

I've seen recently in social media some female athletes--Olympuc swimmers, triathletes, etc.--when they are wearing bikinis for swim workouts, they are in straight-up THONGS. No pretense of cheeky semi-mini coverage that is wedged up in there. There is no spare material to call it anything else but a thong. Breathtaking....

emanon734
United States of America

Post by emanon734 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:56 pm

It’s a beautiful thing. Summer can’t come soon enough!

sandford50
Great Britain

Post by sandford50 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:52 am

Surprisingly (and all together very nice to see) are the girls in thong bikinis and swim suits who are starting to use the mixed sauna/ steamroom at my gym. Im too much of a gentleman to say I look. They just happen to be in my eyeline when they walk past!

sandford50
Great Britain

Post by sandford50 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:41 am

As an aside to this, I was in the steamroom at my local gym yesterday. It was a bank/ public holiday so quite busy with lots of young guys and girls, but one girl… WOW!!! If you’d asked me to design a girl and her bikini it would have been her. Tall, slim, tanned, ‘slightly’ enhanced on top, but was wearing the most incredible bikini I’d ever seen at a city gym. Effectively three small triangles held in place by stands of spaghetti string. Obviously a thong back and worn high on the hip. Awesome. Fantastic. So out of my league, even when I was her age. I’m back there today, just in case she is.

swimmerguy
United States of America

Post by swimmerguy » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:45 am

Definitely agree. Over the past few years it’s like girls got rid of their full coverage bikinis and it’s only cheeky and thong now. I think companies are only really making cheeky and thong bikinis as well. And girls at young age starting to get into thongs and it’s more accepted when I feel like that was a big deal years ago. It’s what sells more. My younger sisters only wear thong bikinis at this point and I remember when it was a family beach day couple years ago they would go for more a Covered bottom and save those thongs for their friend beach days or spring break but now doesn’t matter family or not, only thongs and it’s just accepted and normalized now I guess. And there is definitely different levels on thongs and I know they have very small string thongs for friends or boyfriends that have smaller coverage around their front and with our family they wear more 1 inch on the side and thicker thong for more front coverage but still very much a thong haha definitely ass is very much out out and it’s just not a big deal anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:11 am

Just started going back to the beach this year. Even more women in thongs! Now seeing just strings, even some one-piece thongs. Admittedly we were at another beach a couple miles further south, since our usual spots were too crowded to find parking.

I know we have a crowd of mixed interests, so I'll say don't get too excited. The guys have moved on from just board shorts to regular shorts and t-shirts. One guy had on a hoodie! Although I didn't sense any odd looks or anything, I kinda felt out-of-place.

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:55 pm

Check out YT for PAC-12 womens college swimming dual meets. Stanford, USC, Cal, etc. It looks like they've agreed to forego the clunky knee-length racing suits and they just wear their regular 1-piece suits. It's a wedgiefest to behold!

swimmerguy
United States of America

Post by swimmerguy » Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:21 pm

clem wrote:Check out YT for PAC-12 womens college swimming dual meets. Stanford, USC, Cal, etc. It looks like they've agreed to forego the clunky knee-length racing suits and they just wear their regular 1-piece suits. It's a wedgiefest to behold!
Got a link? Not seeing that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk