G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Sauna wear

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

sydsox
Australia

Sauna wear

Post by sydsox » Wed May 18, 2022 5:42 am

In a mens only sauna what do most wear? Briefs, thongs or nothing?

SpeedoQuest
United States of America

Re: Sauna wear

Post by SpeedoQuest » Wed May 18, 2022 6:44 am

Absolutely nothing!

BozeHawk
Canada

Post by BozeHawk » Wed May 18, 2022 12:44 pm

Nothing, but bring a towel to sit on.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Thu May 19, 2022 4:45 am

Ha ha, this reminds me once of a time in my early 20’s when a buddy of mine and I were trying out a new gym. We agreed that we’d each go do our own workouts and meet up in the sauna in the locker room afterward. I got there first, and was sitting, naked, on a towel (as were all the other half dozen guys in there) as my buddy opens the door, dressed in dork shorts. I can still recall the flash of surprise on his face as he got a full view of my junk, and as he sat down he whispered to me something like, “so, uh, you’re cool being naked in front of all these other guys that you don’t know?” and I replied, “this is a gym locker room, dude. That’s kind of the point.”

Lest we ever forget that the U.S. was founded by Puritans….

rmf

Post by rmf » Thu May 19, 2022 11:30 am

This topic came up a lot with friends this past winter since saunas are more common the more Upper Midwest you go...

I am solid on the naked side with a towel to sit on if it's at the gym in the locker room. I am also ok with going naked in a coed sauna but I also take note to what others are doing. I have been in a sauna in Germany and it was coed. I kept a towel draped in front of me while a women was in there. I only did that because the guy she was with did the same and as did a few others. When the couple left and just guys again, we all basically sat naked again because we were going in and out to cool off at the showers.

At friends saunas, I follow suit. I have one friend where it's naked (towel to sit on) only if its just guys and if the women come in too, then it's wrapped towels. It's a really nice sauna so he is particular about it. Other friends wear suits in their saunas and if that is the case, I wear either a square cut or briefs.
straight, married w/ kids.

ReservedEnthusiast
Italy

Post by ReservedEnthusiast » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:53 am

It’s a speedo for me in coed, wrapped in a towel if it’s men’s only (…or Germany lol)

sandford50
Great Britain

Post by sandford50 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:57 am

I regularly go to a sauna club here in the UK. Unless it's a naked day, then most guys wear their towels, but I've worn my loose, nylon Aussiebums occasionally. Feels good to not wear the towel, although i carry it with me. Like sitting in the steamroom, gently stroking myself hard, watching the guys, watching my bulge appear in them.

Solar73
United States of America

Post by Solar73 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:11 pm

If it’s a men’s only sauna, I’ll go nude all the time unless it’s against the rules. If it’s CoEd, I will follow the crowd. But given the choice nude any time.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:28 pm

I'm not big on saunas, but speedos on for me. I've never seen anyone naked in a sauna. Must be a different experience over here.

BozeHawk
Canada

Post by BozeHawk » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:02 am

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:28 pm
I'm not big on saunas, but speedos on for me. I've never seen anyone naked in a sauna. Must be a different experience over here.
A note of caution from a blogger down under:
Even though swimsuits are a practical solution, it can be dangerous for your health. Like every other clothes made out of PVC fabrics, it will prevent the breathing of your skin. Not to mention the possibility of melting and giving off toxic chemicals and fumes on the high temperatures.

Additionally, that insulating material will make you feel uncomfortable after spending some time in the heat. You won’t enjoy wearing anything absorbing too much heat.

Therefore, you should choose a loose-fitting bathing suit made from natural fibres if possible. That kind of material will allow better ventilation while sitting in the sauna.
https://portablesauna.com.au/what-to-wear-in-a-sauna/

Papadoop
Great Britain

Post by Papadoop » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:02 pm

Briefs all the way such a turn on when theres a hot girl in there as well 😍

n2er

Post by n2er » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:53 am

It's easy in my country.

Always naked in a classic Finnish sauna (sit on a sheet or cover yourself with it), it doesn't matter if it's a men's, women's or mixed sauna.

Swimwear is allowed in the steam sauna, or again, a sheet.

Speedo_arena
United States of America

Post by Speedo_arena » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:43 pm

Naked and sit on towel. Usually a mix of 60% guys in towels and 40%!naked

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oceanrunner79
United States of America

Post by Oceanrunner79 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:33 pm

I normally go to the sauna after swimming laps, so I just wear my speedo.

Papadoop
Great Britain

Post by Papadoop » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:02 pm

There was some bang tidy blonde girl in the steam room of our sauna over the weekend, I ended up blowing my load into my speedos the first 10 seconds

Speedotommy
Great Britain

Post by Speedotommy » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:48 am

Papadoop wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:02 pm
There was some bang tidy blonde girl in the steam room of our sauna over the weekend, I ended up blowing my load into my speedos the first 10 seconds
Wow, that's quick! She must have been a real hottie 8)
Single gay guy, almost always horny, living my best life! 8) Speedoing it up whenever I can

Papadoop
Great Britain

Post by Papadoop » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:13 pm

Speedotommy wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:48 am
Papadoop wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:02 pm
Wow, that's quick! She must have been a real hottie 8)
She was. Tanned, Long Blonde Hair tied back and a Green thong bikini brief and a nice big arse 😛😛😍😍

skiandswim
United States of America

Post by skiandswim » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:49 pm

When I get a massage, I’ll strip down and be nude under my robe throughout the lounge area. The masseuses, both male and female, are always professional, so I never give it a second thought. The spa I usually visit has separate locker rooms for males and females, so in the males locker room there is a hot tub, sauna, and steam room that is available and clothing optional. I have no shame in my body, I swam in high school, still wear my speedos, so I comfortably use the amenities nude. It hasn’t been too often there have been others in the locker room, but typically I have seen others use the amenities nude as well. Recently, I was enjoying time in the hot tub nude and another male took his robe off and got into the hot tub with his underwear on. This was the first time I had been in the hot tub with someone who had not chosen to use the hot tub nude, so when it came time for me to exit the hot tub I tried not to be awkward and told him that I wasn’t wearing a suit, to try to alleviate the awkwardness of him seeing my naked body exit the hot tub by surprise. He told me he had never been there before and wasn’t sure if we were supposed to be nude or not and I told him it was personal choice, but in retrospect, I don’t think I was the one that should have felt awkward about the interaction. Who knows how long he had worn the underwear that he wore into the hot tub? He then proceeded to fall as he got out of the hot tub, so it was a whole scene. I just feel like part of the relaxation is to be free, so I choose to use the amenities nude.
Straight, Speedo only swimmer, USA

picc55
Italy

Post by picc55 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:33 am

In the sauna you don't wear anything, wearing a speedo hurts a lot

PNWGuy

Post by PNWGuy » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:25 pm

We're building a backyard sauna (should be finished before Christmas) and the dress code will be nude.