G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Sauna wear

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Solar73
United States of America

Re: Sauna wear

Post by Solar73 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:14 pm

Nude unless the rules say otherwise..

picc55
Italy

Post by picc55 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:45 am

In the sauna you are naked, always

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:29 am

I've been to traditional saunas owned by people I've visited in Finland and Sweden. I followed what my relatives did: naked and just a towel to sit on. They run them really hot, the boiling point, 212F/100C. And it's a very dry heat. When I breathed in, my nose felt singed. Not sure a speedo would be a good idea: it would trap heat....yeep. A website I saw said synthetics breed bacteria. In the U.S., loose fitting cotton boxers might work for the modest. Since I'm old enough to have showered naked for gym in school, sitting with my relatives in a sauna seemed pretty normal.

I've used saunas in hotels in the U.S. They were heated to maybe the mid 100s. I'd want to be buck naked in those to get the benefits of the heat.
Long time Speedo® lover

PNWGuy

Post by PNWGuy » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:50 pm

Thom wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:29 am
I followed what my relatives did: naked and just a towel to sit on. They run them really hot, the boiling point, 212F/100C. And it's a very dry heat.
I don't heat our sauna quite that hot: 180°F is where I set the thermostat on the electric heater. It feels hotter when I sprinkle water on the rocks to create steam, which I do once or twice in each round in the hot room. My husband prefers it a bit cooler, so he's on the lower bench while I'm on the upper one. We're both nude, sitting or laying on towels. There are times when I need to cover my genitals with my hands to protect them from too much heat. When we've shared our sauna with guests, all men, we're all naked.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:16 pm

PNWGuy wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:50 pm
Thom wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:29 am
I followed what my relatives did: naked and just a towel to sit on. They run them really hot, the boiling point, 212F/100C. And it's a very dry heat.
I don't heat our sauna quite that hot: 180°F is where I set the thermostat on the electric heater. It feels hotter when I sprinkle water on the rocks to create steam, which I do once or twice in each round in the hot room. My husband prefers it a bit cooler, so he's on the lower bench while I'm on the upper one. We're both nude, sitting or laying on towels. There are times when I need to cover my genitals with my hands to protect them from too much heat. When we've shared our sauna with guests, all men, we're all naked.
I think my relatives had a sauna fired by wood, even though it was very new and modern in appearance. (They were rich, too.) I don't think it was electric. I do remember sitting on the lowest bench after a while. The thermometer was located at the highest level. There were three levels. After the sauna, we swam in a lake that was next to the sauna--one extreme to another. They gave me, the inexperienced American, some kind of herb and berry drink that was supposed to be hydrating and restoring. One sauna and one swim was enough for me. My relatives went in and out all afternoon. I hadn't brought a bathing suit, so they gave me some plaid boxers for swimming, that they "kept for Americans." The cousins my age all wore speedo type suits.
Long time Speedo® lover

Red^^Speedo
United States of America

Post by Red^^Speedo » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:15 am

Our family-oriented health club (closed now) had weight rooms, an indoor lap pool, a jacuzzi, steam room, and 'sauna'.
I rewarded myself for pushing it in the weights with a swim and a stay in the sauna or steam room, wearing the same Speedo and a twoel to sit on. Oh yes, flipflops or other footwear was required.

I don't understand all the criticisms about comfort and health problems in a Speedo.

:?:

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:05 am

Red^^Speedo wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:15 am
Our family-oriented health club (closed now) had weight rooms, an indoor lap pool, a jacuzzi, steam room, and 'sauna'.
I rewarded myself for pushing it in the weights with a swim and a stay in the sauna or steam room, wearing the same Speedo and a towel to sit on. Oh yes, flipflops or other footwear was required.

I don't understand all the criticisms about comfort and health problems in a Speedo.

:?:
There aren't any health problems in a sauna so long as you sit on a towel, speedo or no speedo. That's basic sauna etiquette, world-wide, from my experience. IMHO, they don't run them hot enough in the U.S., but I suppose places like L.A. Fitness are worried about law suits; and, anyway, Americans wouldn't like it the Finnish way at 212F degrees. That temperature kills off bacteria and viruses.

That's unfortunate that you lost the health club, particularly with its lap pool. Did COVID force them to close? There was a similar club in my home state of Massachusetts: a local club, family friendly, with a lap pool. They'd been around for decades. COVID did them in.
Last edited by Thom on Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long time Speedo® lover

Red^^Speedo
United States of America

Post by Red^^Speedo » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:34 am

Thom wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:05 am

That's unfortunate that you lost the health club, particularly with its lap pool. Did COVID force them to close?
Yes, it precipitated the avalanche of poor decision making.