G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Costa Rica

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

otter
United States of America

Costa Rica

Post by otter » Tue May 31, 2022 8:59 pm

Can anyone relate speedo experience there? I’m going in a few days and will stay two weeks. Apart from hotel pools/spas, the most interesting water opportunities promise to be at the thermal pools by the Arenal volcano, and swimming/snorkeling on the Pacific coast. Maybe also on the Caribbean coast. It is the rainy season there. I hope the rain when It comes is warm and not totally wrapped in thunderstorms.
feel water like an otter would

otter
United States of America

Re: Costa Rica

Post by otter » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:57 pm

No worries so far in Costa Rica speedo wise. I’m now on the Caribbean coast, ecolodge in wild Tortuguero. Tourists from all over, Germans in speedos. Everyone is busy watching the monkeys by the pool. Nice weather. The sea is warm, pretty flat today, miles and miles of sandy beach. Pura vida. Strangely not many people playing in the surf. The inland lagoon is the National Park. Crocodiles there abound, no speedos.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:59 am

Good to hear. Presumably you're in speedos, too?

otter
United States of America

Post by otter » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:42 pm

Oh yes, brought 4, why not, they are light to pack. So far wore a couple I bought recently: black/red Arena, and sardine pattern Turbo. Also have along a black/white Dolfin, and a classic blue Speedo. The vibe here in these areas is really laid back from both tourists and the nationals.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:16 pm

otter wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:42 pm
Oh yes, brought 4, why not, they are light to pack. So far wore a couple I bought recently: black/red Arena, and sardine pattern Turbo. Also have along a black/white Dolfin, and a classic blue Speedo. The vibe here in these areas is really laid back from both tourists and the nationals.
Post some photos!!!!

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:27 pm

February 2019 I was in Jaco, Costa Rica. I stayed at The Best Western. Nobody cared that I wore a speedo. Most of the time it was me and another fellow from Montreal - older married guy. Apparently, speedos are more common in Manuel António. I found out there is an adults only resort near where I stayed, Copacabana Hotel. They have a clothing optional pool and a nude pool. I would like to stay there next time.

otter
United States of America

Post by otter » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:00 pm

Today was river rafting in Speedo shorts, brief not appropriate. Lots of wildlife, monkeys in the trees and crocodiles on the banks, Later on I wore a snug Dolfin brief at the hotel pool/tub. Talked with a young couple on vacation from the UK and a family from Colorado; it’s all good.
My wife and I had planned to go to the Tabacon River bridge, which is the place here where people go for free to hang out in the hot pools. The river water pours out from the Arenal volcano’s lava heated aquifer. But a thunderstorm with torrential rain and rolling thunder came up, and we missed the opportunity. Another time. I’d been looking forward to that natural (with speedo) high.

otter
United States of America

Post by otter » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:32 pm

Great place for a Speedo.
44D6DEB2-18D5-4722-BB5A-8400888A464A.jpeg
44D6DEB2-18D5-4722-BB5A-8400888A464A.jpeg (613.75 KiB) Viewed 3839 times

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:16 am

otter wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:32 pm
44D6DEB2-18D5-4722-BB5A-8400888A464A.jpeg
Fabulous!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

otter
United States of America

Post by otter » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:33 pm

The waterfall was in the Monteverde cloud forest at higher elevation, chilly water but welcome after the 2km hike in.
I had my speedo in my backpack and had to go into the water behind a rock in order to put it on. Unfortunately my iPhone slipped out of my pocket and into a mess of branches in the water. It took a couple of minutes feeling around under the branches before I came up with it. It works, but it’s become even more flakey than it was to begin with. No worries. Nothing could spoil the fun of floating out into the pool for a brief swim.

otter
United States of America

Post by otter » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:51 pm

We’re at Manuel Antonio now. Sunday on playa Espedilla where there were lots of locals of all ages, lots of families as well as quite a few tourists. Very laid back. Monday at the National Park, insanely beautiful beach and setting. Today on a catamaran for snorkeling and swimming. Lots of people from all over. Ok, saw only one other speedo the whole time, but no hassles whatsoever. Some glances to be sure, Lots of bikinis more interesting. I’m just an old guy who likes sun, water and wind on skin, exhibit freedom. Pura Vida, they say here.

otter
United States of America

Post by otter » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:52 pm

Here's a photo of me with my wife at the Playa Espedilla in Manuel Antonio. My swim brief is a Turbo sardine pattern. What do you think of the look? We are in the north of 70 crowd, but we do enjoy life and try to stay fit and playful.
PlayaEspedilla.jpeg
PlayaEspedilla.jpeg (78.38 KiB) Viewed 3444 times

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:45 pm

otter wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:52 pm
Here's a photo of me with my wife at the Playa Espedilla in Manuel Antonio. My swim brief is a Turbo sardine pattern. What do you think of the look? We are in the north of 70 crowd, but we do enjoy life and try to stay fit and playful.
PlayaEspedilla.jpeg
You both look great! Speedos are just the thing whatever the age!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:54 am

otter wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:52 pm
PlayaEspedilla.jpeg
Ok, god bless you both! You especially for being true to your joys and rocking the speedo! It looks fantastic on you! Total envious of the happiness you are experiencing on this vacation but looking forward to my own experiences some day. You are a role model for staying young with that "fuck it, I'm wearing what I want" attitude that comes after a certain age. Speedo on, dude!
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

otter
United States of America

Post by otter » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:25 am

Thanks, diveguy, you're right. Obviously we're not going to follow the fashion police dictum that no man over 40 should should ever be seen in a speedo. Contrarily, we take liberties as seniors. People give us a lot of slack and discount our oddities. We will be seen, and for most people that means freedom of expression. We don't live forever. For me it's mainly about the swimming, the breeze, the sun, body in motion and at rest--Being seen is a side effect.

About Costa Rica, do put it on your list. It is a secure democracy with a deep commitment to it's national parks and biodiversity, and the economy is growing for tourism. I spent more time in hiking shorts than in a speedo, and for hiking I like to hang loose. Outside the capital city, it's always hang loose, speedo or not, pura vida. Just be careful where you swim!
IMG_1408.jpeg
IMG_1408.jpeg (60.55 KiB) Viewed 3353 times

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:57 pm

otter wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:25 am
Just be careful where you swim!IMG_1408.jpeg
:shock:
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:56 am

otter wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:32 pm
Thanks for the update. I have a friend who goes to CR to surf. He really likes it down there. He wears speedos for lap swimming--board shorts for surfing. Your posts make me want to visit more than ever. They also seem to have a stable government and economy--a real plus in my book.
Long time Speedo® lover