G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedos becoming more frequent?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

BriefExcursion20
United States of America

Speedos becoming more frequent?

Post by BriefExcursion20 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:45 pm

Maybe this is just because things are opening up again, but I couldn't help but notice that, in my many beach trips this year, there seems to be more and more dudes wearing speedos.

And not only that, but a handful of times, there were a few younger dudes wearing some as well! Just a few weeks ago, a young man around my age set up next to me in a solid black brief. I tried saying hello, but he didn't seem interested (oh well).

Has anyone else been noticing this?

paspeedo
United States of America

Re: Speedos becoming more frequent?

Post by paspeedo » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:07 am

I’ve only went to one beach trip in New Hersey last weekend. It wasn’t crowded however there were a handful of guys wearing speedos. Definitely a welcome sight!

Where are you seeing them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:26 am

Just got back from the Florida gulf coast, and I was the only guy I saw wearing a speedo the whole week. :(

I'm not sure where you guys are going, but it sounds cooler than where I go.

paspeedo
United States of America

Post by paspeedo » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:06 pm

52dno98 wrote:Just got back from the Florida gulf coast, and I was the only guy I saw wearing a speedo the whole week. :(

I'm not sure where you guys are going, but it sounds cooler than where I go.
Where do you usually visit?

BriefExcursion20
United States of America

Post by BriefExcursion20 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:56 pm

paspeedo wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:07 am
I’ve only went to one beach trip in New Hersey last weekend. It wasn’t crowded however there were a handful of guys wearing speedos. Definitely a welcome sight!

Where are you seeing them?

Mainly the beaches of Massachusetts (Revere and Ipswich). It's not a terribly large amount, but it's enough to take note of at least.

Solar73
United States of America

Post by Solar73 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:18 am

I started swimming at a new community pool several months ago. When it was just the lap swimmers I started with a small brief and would only see another brief every other day or so. About 2-3 months ago a swim team rented out the main pool during what is normally the public lap only time slot forcing us recreational lap swimmers to the dive tank (6 lanes 25m lo g).
Was an all boys team of high school age if I had to guess. Of the 20-30 swimmers maybe 2 in jammers, all the rest in speedos, most of them sized down at that. That team is done an now a different club (70/30 mix of m/f) agian high school age, and 95% of the guys in down sized briefs. They are there already there when I arrive, and as of last week , yet another club (60/40 m/f) and not a pair of jammers in sight. So I’d say the younger generation is starting to lose some of the speedo phobia.
In case anyone needed a little more proof times may be changing for the better… I switched from a Gary Majdell Ultra Greek to wearing a Desmitt thong full time before any of these teams/clubs started showing up. To date I’ve not gotten a single negative comment and have actually had more friendly conversations at the pool since the switch. None of them were swimwear related, but clearly my choice wasn’t an issue.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:21 am

paspeedo wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:06 pm

Where do you usually visit?
Between Panama City Beach and Fort Walton Beach. Aka "the redneck Riviera." Hence no speedos.

swimmerguy
United States of America

Post by swimmerguy » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:05 pm

Last year I didn’t see one guy wear speedos to my gym pool. Now I see a couple guys wearing speedos and I love seeing it. Feels great being in the pool when others are rocking a speedo. I also got a compliment one night from a girl around my age (23). I was doing laps as she was also doing laps in the lane next to me. We chatted for a minute and she mentioned she liked my briefs and said “you can rock them for sure”. It was a nice compliment and made me feel great wearing speedos and happy people like them on me

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:25 pm

swimmerguy wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:05 pm
I also got a compliment one night from a girl around my age (23). I was doing laps as she was also doing laps in the lane next to me. We chatted for a minute and she mentioned she liked my briefs and said “you can rock them for sure”. It was a nice compliment and made me feel great wearing speedos and happy people like them on me
Dude if you're straight and single you need to pursue that for sure. Flirting with a girl while wearing a speedo is super hot (and tipping my hand, one of my fantasies, ha ha).

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:19 pm

These are promising reports!
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy