G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

How Old Were You?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Okieswimmer
United States of America

How Old Were You?

Post by Okieswimmer » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:57 pm

How old were you when you first decided you wanted to wear speedos? I remember wanting one from a really young age, perhaps 7 or 8. I have no idea why, but I was intrigued long before there was any erotic appeal. Can anyone else relate? I remember asking my mom if I could get one, but she talked me out of it, convincing me that I would be embarrassed to be the only person in my friend group wearing one. To this day I wonder what she thought of my request. I wasn't able to fulfill my dream of owning a speedo until I moved out at 19.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Re: How Old Were You?

Post by Scottiebum » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:50 pm

Being in the older age group there was never any discussion, it was just what was always worn for swimming. No options for swimming at school either.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

T88

Post by T88 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:41 pm

I must’ve been in my early teens, it was part of our school uniform so there was never an issue for me to get a pair until later years, but then that didnt faze me because i enjoy a tight brief lol

BozeHawk
Canada

Post by BozeHawk » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:24 am

I must've been five or six when I noticed I was wearing swim togs. Up until then I and my best friend swam starkers at the beach on which we lived. From then on it was Speedo briefs — as they'd come out a few years earlier — all the way to today. First as little nippers learning lifesaving on weekends, then swim teams at school and uni.

Flatfront
United States of America

Post by Flatfront » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:52 am

My family was all boys, and my mother bought us matching red & white striped speedos from Sears & Roebuck when we were little, in the 1950's. A few years later I tried on one of the suits that I had outgrown, and the tight feeling got me hooked! I've been wearing skimpy tight suits of all kinds ever since.

rmf

Post by rmf » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:18 am

12/13 yrs old but that was in the 80's when they were the style.... Not really uncommon to see back then.
straight, married w/ kids.

PNWGuy

Post by PNWGuy » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:05 pm

I wanted a Speedo-type suit when I was in high school, but not confident enough to purchase one. That changed in college when I got my first swim brief and I've worn nothing else for swimming since then, which is nearly 50 years.

Solar73
United States of America

Post by Solar73 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:26 am

When I was a kid jammers didn’t exist yet and board shorts were only worn when swimming was possible but not expected, otherwise is was always speedo/brief for swimming. When I look at photos for the annual family reunions I was always in briefs until high school. Did board shorts during my military days, now I’m full time briefs or a thong for lap swims and 50/50 briefs/board shorts for beach days. But think this summer is gonna be more like 70/10/20 briefs/thong/board shorts. Hopefully I’ll make that more like 60/25/15 sooner than later.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:43 pm

Was intrigued by them since childhood, fantasized about wearing them in my teens, wished I had the self confidence (and physique) to wear one in college, finally did buy and start wearing one in my late twenties.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

redgrowlers
Germany

Post by redgrowlers » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:07 pm

I wanted to wear Speedos since I entered puberty and started to find men in Speedo attractive. Couldn't really concentrate at swimming lessons, I just couldn't move my eyes away from those Speedo guys. Like @Okieswimmer I asked my parents for a pair of Speedos but they said they didn't like it being zu revealling - I got another pair of Jammers instead. Luckily just 1 year later they didn't care about it so much anymore and they'd just give me money to buy myself a swimsuit. Of course immediately I got myself a pair of Speedos, hiding them from my parents was a bit tricky though... haha

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:04 pm

Got my first (Adidas brown suit - very silky) when I was 25 in 1979! Worn them ever since - more & more! Really all I swim or beach in are speedos.

jtswims
United States of America

Post by jtswims » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:17 pm

I was not a fan of speedos until I was forced to wear one when I was 11 years old back in 1992. It was at my cousin's house and he and his brother both wore speedos regularly. I had forgotten my suit at home and was given a speedo to wear, a black and white patterned suit. Despite being embarrassed at the time I was really aroused when I first put it on and kind of fell in love with the fact that I was wearing so little. I wore the suit until we were done swimming. I wish I would have kept the suit but it was just a loaner.
In march 1993 I went with my parents to Hawaii and for the first time I got my own Speedo. It was at a swimwear store that only had speedos for boys and they were buy one get one free so I got two first speedos one blue and one black. That day I also got a "rash guard". We were staying at a hotel in Maui that had great snorkeling. I spent most of this vacation swimming or snorkeling at either the pool or the beach. I snorkeled so much in my speedo that my ears were very sunburned and blistered. The hotel was built on top of Lava rock and there were diving platforms carved in the rock at Kaanapali Beach. I was so proud of myself that I jumped from the 15 ft. platform. Most of the hotel's guests were Japanese and there weren't any other kids my age and I was an only child. There was a Japanese magazine doing a photo shoot at the hotel's pool. And I was asked to be in a few of the pictures and my mom gave permission. I wish I had a copy of the magazine. :(
Later that year I went with my parents to Disney World where we stayed at a resort in Orlando. There were lots of European and British kids staying at this resort and I got my mom to buy me a new speedo, a purple print one. I spent most of this trip hanging out with a couple of other kids my age a British kid who wore a speedo and an another American kid that didn't. The American kid said that our speedos were strange but we liked them. This trip was my first time wearing a speedo to a Waterpark.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:53 pm

jtswims wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:17 pm
I was not a fan of speedos until I was forced to wear one when I was 11 years old back in 1992. ... Despite being embarrassed at the time I was really aroused when I first put it on and kind of fell in love with the fact that I was wearing so little. ...
Such a great story, jtswims!

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:03 am

I've told this story in other threads, but apparently my mother put me and my two older brothers in speedos (it was the late 70s and early 80s), which wasn't really out of fashion then. But by the time I was like 6 or 7 I switched to shorts.

Speedos didn't really appear on my radar again until I was an adolescent and I developed a fetish for them, so like 12-13 years old?

And I don't think I actually acquired a speedo until I was driving, at least- so 16 years old- where I could go purchase them myself. And back in those days (early 90s), speedos were still regularly sold in stores. There was a chain of stores in the U.S. owned by Speedo called "Speedo Authentic Fitness," and big fashion stores like Macy's still sold them, so there were relatively quite a few places to buy speedos.

I didn't actually wear a speedo in public until I started lap swimming regularly, which was around my 40th birthday. I really wish I'd had the courage to wear them in public prior to that. My wife and I went to the U.S. Virgin Islands for our honeymoon, for example, and it would have been an absolutely spectacular opportunity to wear speedos on the beach.

tanodle5
United States of America

Post by tanodle5 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:10 pm

Pretty young- I must have been 6 or 7. I used to do competitive swimming every summer, and the speedo in team colors was standard issue!

Red^^Speedo
United States of America

Post by Red^^Speedo » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:51 am

Eighteen.

Mom bought us lycra squarecuts when we were younger; she didn't like the cut off jeans that were popular.

mi_speedos
Austria

Post by mi_speedos » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:20 pm

-
Last edited by mi_speedos on Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:15 pm

I don't remember not wearing speedos. I cant remember when I started actually wanting to wear them. I don't think I thought anything about them until I was about 12. It was probably when my bro said speedos are for the pool and boardies are for the beach, and it was me giving him the big screw you, I'm wearing them at the beach. :lol: Probably also when I was at school there was also something about being an exhibitionist and liking seeing everyone else in speedos, all of us being the boys it was a bit laddish. :lol:

I've never gone to jammers, not that I don't have them but they're just so uncomfortable and it feels like something is always touching me in the water which is really off putting.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:34 pm

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:15 pm
I've never gone to jammers, not that I don't have them but they're just so uncomfortable and it feels like something is always touching me in the water which is really off putting.
I've never worn jammers, never will, so no personal experience with them but I've always suspected that!

SungueroPeru
Peru

Post by SungueroPeru » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:47 am

Maybe 8 or 9 years old for swimming lessons. By that time (early 90s) in my country (Peru) speedos were still somewhat common.