G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

How Old Were You?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Thom
United States of America

Re: How Old Were You?

Post by Thom » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:08 am

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:15 pm

I've never gone to jammers, not that I don't have them but they're just so uncomfortable and it feels like something is always touching me in the water which is really off putting.
I have a couple pairs, but they just feel too bulky. Of the two, the Arena is the worst. My size, and a thin tech fabric, but the elastics on the legs are so tight they hurt, and my calves aren't that big. Someone bought me the Speedo jammer as a gift. It's a size up (32 instead of 30) from the Arena and too loose.
Long time Speedo® lover

Oceanrunner79
United States of America

Post by Oceanrunner79 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:51 am

I always liked speedos but did not start wearing them until I was 18 and out of the house.

OBXspeedo
United States of America

Post by OBXspeedo » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:09 pm

jason_greets
United States of America

Post by jason_greets » Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:27 am

I think I was in my teens when I showed interest in speedos. I would probably say when I was around 11 or so. I can't recall exactly when, but I do remember one instance from that period.

One day around 1994 or 1995, my father came home with a gym bag and I knew he would wear a speedo at a pool when he was training. When my parents went out for a bit, I reached for the gym bag to see if I could find the speedo and I did find it there.

I took it out and put it on. It was of course a little too big for me, but I liked the look on me. I pretended to be one of those divers at a pool at a competition. Thinking back, the cut wasn't that appealing to me now. They looked more like men's briefs. I like mine with narrower sides like 1".
Boardshorts are trash. Wear speedos instead :!: :)

nwlmswimmerguy
United States of America

Post by nwlmswimmerguy » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:01 am

High school. Mandatory swim briefs in gym class. 80s TV movies and print ads like international male and undergear validated my desire to rock a great pair of speedos. Made for an easy decision to wear at the pool or beach and also under my wet suit while scuba diving. Always in the minority though. Went through the jammer stage for lap swimming but I’m at the age now where that doesn’t bother me. I wear speedos with confidence. Actually have converted a handful of friends

Bospeedodude
United States of America

Post by Bospeedodude » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:15 am

I was 13, summer of 1987. I saw some boys around my age wearing speedos at a popular swimming hole in a river near my family's vacation place in the White Mountains of New Hampshire and thought "I like that". Even though I had seen them before as a kid at our local country club, the beach on the lake near our NH house, and elsewhere, nothing clicked until that time at the swimming hole. Within a week I was at a sporting goods store near my suburban Boston hometown buying my first pair, similar to one that one of the boys at the swimming hole was wearing (I remember his was black with red over white side panels and red stitching). It took a couple of years before I could wear them in public, but not in NH (I did wear them at private secluded beaches at the lake and at swimming holes and natural granite waterslides along the same New Hampshire river, but not when others were around), instead at Revere Beach north of Boston, where I'd be protected by the anonymity of being in a big city, not close to my suburban home.

Pierre Leclerc
Brazil

Post by Pierre Leclerc » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:06 pm

Well, I'm Brazilian and I'll be the forum's record holder: I received a speedo as a gift at 8 months old. Yes, I was a baby! And since then I haven't stopped using it. When I was a child, I remember not understanding why Macaulay Culkin didn't wear a speedo in "Home Alone 2", since the use of speedos or, at most, a small Addidas short was the most normal thing for babies and older people. Board shorts, which go beyond the knee, would appear in the third half of the 90s here in Brazil. Shortly after, the speedos would get bigger [the cut changed].

When I was a teenager, I used to swim and started wearing the wider cut of Brazilian speedos.
But, at 23 years old, I decided to wear smaller speedos after seeing some erotic movies where men wore very small speedos. I'm currently 33 years old and my preference is for speedos similar to those of Olympic jumpers. 10 years ago I had to order it, today there are several websites that sell this sexiest model.

jason_greets
United States of America

Post by jason_greets » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:06 pm

I really can't remember, but I was quite young.

It wasn't until recently at age 40 when I finally wore mine in public. Now I'm trying to build up the confidence to wear mine more often.
Boardshorts are trash. Wear speedos instead :!: :)