G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Laps- Speedo Shame?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Speedoswim64
United States of America

Laps- Speedo Shame?

Post by Speedoswim64 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:23 am

SO I swim at Lifetime Fitness and I regularly see a speedo guy jump in the pool with gym shorts on, drops em revealing a speedo and repeats when he gets outta the pool. Honestly think its a little bit of speedo shame, but I have started to see briefs more often. Maybe I was the trendsetter! LOL- But once I see another speedo guy I instantly feel more confident too.

Idaho
United States of America

Re: Laps- Speedo Shame?

Post by Idaho » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:05 am

So he wants to wear the speedos just too embarrassed to walk out there wearing them. Hopefully he gets tired of the extra steps and unnecessarily soaking an extra set of shorts soon.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:33 am

Our family was at the pool and I was wearing shorts over my speedo and decided to swim laps, so I took my shorts off, jumped in and grabbled a lane. I finished my laps but was still in the water, and my wife brought my shorts over and handed them to me. "You're done with laps, now put these on if you're going to walk around."

Speedoswim64
United States of America

Post by Speedoswim64 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:11 pm

Hahah yeah. So he walks out in shorts jumps in the pool pulls shorts off and then repeats. I’ve started to see a few more guys wear speedos for laps. Hopefully the trend continues.

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:20 pm

Well, whatever makes him comfortable enough to get in the pool and eventually swim in a speedo. Baby steps.

I regularly swim in a brief at my fitness center, a smaller chain club that surprisingly has an 80ft. pool at most sites, in either 2 or 3 lanes. Not many true lap swimmers, mostly waders, older water walkers, and a steady stream of meathead jabronis in and out of the steam room. Gotta represent.

ScalieKobold
United States of America

Post by ScalieKobold » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:19 pm

Honestly I’ve been trying to wear speedos without shorts on, just my nervous ass is afraid I’ll get teased or looked at strangely.

Thankfully been slowly getting used to it but, yeah I totally get what you mean.

Speedoswim64
United States of America

Post by Speedoswim64 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:00 am

Honestly no one looks, you just do you. So many guys wear short shorts for lifting too, it’s crazy. Or tights. Same idea lol

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:47 am

ScalieKobold wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:19 pm
Honestly I’ve been trying to wear speedos without shorts on, just my nervous ass is afraid I’ll get teased or looked at strangely.

Thankfully been slowly getting used to it but, yeah I totally get what you mean.
Don't sweat it bro, give it a shot TODAY. Stride out to the deck wearing that brief, give the cute lifeguard a smile*, and get down to business. Repeat on the way back to the lockerroom. Easy as fallin' in love.

*As always, gender preference is entirely your pleasure. :0)

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:33 pm

ScalieKobold wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:19 pm

In a lap pool, even in the conservative U.S., no one will say anything. Even my super squeamish wife said to me, "you can't really see your speedo when you're in the water swimming..." You're there to swim laps. And you're wearing a swim suit.

Rock the speeds, man!

OBXspeedo
United States of America

Post by OBXspeedo » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:05 pm

Yeah, that is kind of disapointing. I like seeing other people be confident in their speedos

Asics87T
Australia

Post by Asics87T » Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:58 pm

Never had any issues with wearing speedos around the pool - a lot of guys do wear them here for lap swimming so really not a big issue.

At the beach it is less common but not particularly rare.

Blueeyedswimmer
United States of America

Post by Blueeyedswimmer » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:35 pm

i wear speedo other small swim briefs to swim laps in and walk in just holding my swim cap and googles no towel or shorts. others wear them sometimes. I just decided i was going to wear them and not worry. I travel for work and swim all over wearing them. different colors and sometimes narrow sides.

Notdave
Great Britain

Post by Notdave » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:54 am

The first time I got back in to speedos I was nervous, even though it was on a family holiday in the villa pool only our family had access to. So I went out with a towel around my waist and only took it off just before I got in. Most of my family didn't even acknowledge apart from my little brother that thought they were "cool".

Wearing them in public was a bigger step, but I knew the best way to do it was to give myself no choice. So when I packed for my swim I packed only speedos. Once I was in the locker room I had no choice but to wear them. I was of course nervous at first again, but it happens that the pool I chose was populated by quite a few other speedo enjoyers at the time. It was the peak of summer and the sunbathers were sensible enough to wear proper tanning attire rather than a tent on their things. It made me feel more at ease not being the only one there.

Nowadays, I often am the only one in speedos at the pool, but now that I'm used to wearing them it doesn't bother me anymore. I do hope other people get the confidence to wear what they want and I hope I can give that confidence to them.

Otobias
Portugal

Post by Otobias » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:08 am

Notdave wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:54 am

Wearing them in public was a bigger step, but I knew the best way to do it was to give myself no choice. So when I packed for my swim I packed only speedos. Once I was in the locker room I had no choice but to wear them. I was of course nervous at first again,

That is really the way to go, Notdave! Good move there. I did the same when about to wear a speedo for the first time at my gym pool. Sometimes the best is not to give space for an last minute/afraid option and just pack a pair of speedos.

Speedoswim64
United States of America

Post by Speedoswim64 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:59 am

I honestly think its funny he still does it- jumps in drops his short in the water, swims (hes good at it too!) and then leaves. Shorts in the water as well. I usually come out in a towel- put my towel on a hook- grab a lane- shower on the pool deck and get to it. Speedo clad most of the time :)