G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Lap swimming questions

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

TimidSmooth
Great Britain

Re: Lap swimming questions

Post by TimidSmooth » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:06 pm

In a sea of black jammers and black speedos, it's refreshing to see someone wear some colour. So, I check then out, and see what I can add to my wishlist

Solar73
United States of America

Post by Solar73 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:27 pm

TimidSmooth wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:06 pm
In a sea of black jammers and black speedos, it's refreshing to see someone wear some colour. So, I check then out, and see what I can add to my wishlist
Funny you should mention colors… So finishing up my session on Tuesday and standing on the pool deck talking to the lifeguard about a cruise I had just returned from. I’m in lane 7 and the guard is standing at the corner of the pool (lane 8). As I’m talking to the guard I hear a lady’s voice coming up behind me say “I see you got some color..it looks good.” Thinking she was referring to my tan, as I turn towards her I say..Thank You, I’m lucky I didn’t get burned. Then with a quick glance at my suit she says.. I like the colors, nicer than your normal black one. ( I had a gray version of one posted earlier in this thread) This is the first full on approval of my suit (thong) that I’ve gotten.. Surprised I say “Thank You, I appreciate that… Got to mix it up once any a while” she says it looks good… Then passes by on her way to the locker room…. Wednesday/Thursday I wear just solid colored suits as usual. Friday comes around and I wear the printed suit shown earlier in this thread.
Day ends kind of the same way, I’m talking to the guard at the end of the pool and the same lady comes up and says…I really like the print, it looks good on you… I responded.. Thank you, fun suit Friday! She smiled and said good choice. Then proceeded to the locker room. Now I wish I could say she was a drop dead gorgeous bombshell 10 years younger than me, but she was probably 10+ yr senior to me and had a ring on her finger. I know she wasn’t hitting on me, but it was still awesome to get a compliment on my suit, especially as to wear that style is not very mainstream for a guy. Between her comment and yours it made me think about it and I’d say 95% or more of the guys at my pool are wearing basic black suits…

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:56 am

Solar73 wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:27 pm
TimidSmooth wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:06 pm
Funny you should mention colors… So finishing up my session on Tuesday and standing on the pool deck talking to the lifeguard about a cruise I had just returned from. I’m in lane 7 and the guard is standing at the corner of the pool (lane 8). As I’m talking to the guard I hear a lady’s voice coming up behind me say “I see you got some color..it looks good.” Thinking she was referring to my tan, as I turn towards her I say..Thank You, I’m lucky I didn’t get burned. Then with a quick glance at my suit she says.. I like the colors, nicer than your normal black one. ( I had a gray version of one posted earlier in this thread) This is the first full on approval of my suit (thong) that I’ve gotten.. Surprised I say “Thank You, I appreciate that… Got to mix it up once any a while” she says it looks good… Then passes by on her way to the locker room…. Wednesday/Thursday I wear just solid colored suits as usual. Friday comes around and I wear the printed suit shown earlier in this thread.
Day ends kind of the same way, I’m talking to the guard at the end of the pool and the same lady comes up and says…I really like the print, it looks good on you… I responded.. Thank you, fun suit Friday! She smiled and said good choice. Then proceeded to the locker room. Now I wish I could say she was a drop dead gorgeous bombshell 10 years younger than me, but she was probably 10+ yr senior to me and had a ring on her finger. I know she wasn’t hitting on me, but it was still awesome to get a compliment on my suit, especially as to wear that style is not very mainstream for a guy. Between her comment and yours it made me think about it and I’d say 95% or more of the guys at my pool are wearing basic black suits…
Really good you got some positive comments, very encouraging! I am not a fan of the bright mixed colours like funky trunks bit do like different colours, as you will have noticed, royal blues through to turquoise.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Solar73
United States of America

Post by Solar73 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:32 am

The only “prints” that I own are the ones in the photos. Otherwise all of my other suits are solid colors. Started with Black and Navy, then added light blue. Not sure what colors to add for 2023…

skiandswim
United States of America

Post by skiandswim » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:33 pm

Never swam laps in a thong before. I remember going from a speedo jammer to a speedo brief and now I can’t go back to a speedo jammer. Must be similar. Maybe I would like it since I prefer either speedo brief or nude.
Straight, Speedo only swimmer, USA