G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Only swim brief on the beach

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

PNWGuy

Only swim brief on the beach

Post by PNWGuy » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:50 pm

I just returned from 10 days on Hawaii's big island, mostly on the wet east side. My husband and I spent time on a couple of days at Kehana black sand beach, which has a long history of nude use. We enjoyed the relaxed vibe of the beach, which is fairly small and has surf which can be dangerous. We were both nude, but the crowd included a mix of nudists, topless women, families (both nude and not), and one guy in a green swim brief. No one cared what anyone else was wearing.

We also visited Ho'okena Beach Park on the west side of the island, where the surf is much more gentle. Here, clothing is required (except for small kids, apparently). I was the only guy in a swim brief, a rather small Desmit suit. Again, no one cared what anyone else was wearing. I admit I felt a bit conspicuous at first in the small suit, but my husband and I stand out a bit anyway since he always wears a kilt and I wore one for most of our trip (when clothing was required).

The point is, wear whatever you feel comfortable wearing. Most men wore board shorts, which I guess makes sense on Hawaiian beaches, but most women were in very brief two-piece swimsuits.

diveguy
United States of America

Re: Only swim brief on the beach

Post by diveguy » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:09 am

In the early 1990s, I saw a few more guys besides myself wearing speedos in Hawaii, and every store that sold men’s swimwear had at least a small selection of speedos, and some had a fairly large selection of them. It’s been 20 years since I last visited but I suspect that nowadays there are a lot fewer speedos on the beach or in the stores but my philosophy is “fuck it, where what makes you feel great”, i.e. speedos, and your trip report backs that up. Thanks for posting!
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:22 am

"Only swim brief on the beach" is my description everywhere, including the NJ beach I take the family to in Spring Lake, NJ, at our yacht club pool, and any hotel pool, etc. At the beach includes walking the beach or the boardwalk (for the boardwalk I do add a t-shirt). Either a Tyr racer or one of my many Aussiebums classics or WJ's!

Just do it!

Solar73
United States of America

Post by Solar73 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:42 am

I know the feeling PNWGuy, I just got back from a 7 day cruise and I was the only guy on the ship wearing a briefs (Gary Majdell, Ultra Greek bikini)and like you, I also felt a little self conscious at first. Having absolutely zero issues wearing it,. If you’ve read the “Lap Swimming Questions” thread you know I do my daily laps in a Desmitt thong. Not wanting to return with white butt cheeks and tan everywhere else I knew I needed to find an opportunity to wear my thong at least once. Day four I signed up for a “Swim with the Sharks & Sting Rays” snorkeling excursion.
To keep this short I used the “a good friend bet me” line and when it was time for everyone to get in the water, off came my shorts and all that was left my navy blue thong. To my surprise not a single negative response. Thankfully the ladies apparently liked it quite a bit as I got many compliments, and they weren’t just subtle “like your suit” when up close, one lady shouted to me from almost 20 feet away “ I love your suit! Thank you for manscaping” …”can I get your picture”. It made about 15-20 other people look…LoL so I did the whole 3 location multi hr (with lunch at the end) excursion in just my thong.. It felt great!!

Like you and dive guy said, just wear what makes you comfortable!
The GM Ultra Greek and he Desmitt Thong
6F23EB74-AEB0-48C1-9EC0-AAEA630FB5E2.png
6F23EB74-AEB0-48C1-9EC0-AAEA630FB5E2.png (912.55 KiB) Viewed 1981 times
845DA2C1-6743-47AD-B8B5-72BE7A25DF7A.png
845DA2C1-6743-47AD-B8B5-72BE7A25DF7A.png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 1981 times
Since the snorkeling went so well, wore the thong for the rest of the trip. Got a few double takes but all positive vibes. I thought it was funny that all the guys wearing board shorts had the legs pulled up as high as they could when laying out to tan…. I clearly didn’t have that issue.. 😎😎😎

miataman
United States of America

Post by miataman » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:52 pm

@philtanner, you won't be the only one at the Spring Lake, NJ beach, that's my hometown! Though you're right, it's very rare to see one there, more likely to see them a few miles up in Asbury Park.