G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

What suit did you buy that didn’t live up to the ads?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

speedostud
Canada

What suit did you buy that didn’t live up to the ads?

Post by speedostud » Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:54 am

I bought an Aronik suit, their ads are so hot… but I found the suits had a very stiff fabric and tight fit.
Also, Budgie Smugglers. Fun marketing but the suits squish all your bits and don’t make for a great package ‘presentation’.

ExBex
United States of America

Re: What suit did you buy that didn’t live up to the ads?

Post by ExBex » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:25 am

For me... Aussiebum nylon suits. They look great on the surf lifesavers in the ads, but they never seem to fit me right. Too loose in the seat if you wear 'em low on the hips. I'll stick with their lycra suits.

Too bad about Aronik and Budgy... 2 brands that I haven't tried yet.

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:40 pm

For me its sluggers. Just couldn't find the size and fit that worked for me.

Oldgaucho
United States of America

Post by Oldgaucho » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:10 pm

I agree about Sluggers Classic cut. I'm kind of skinny and it was baggy and saggy all over. Their Racerback cut fits me fine, though, and I really like the Hokusurf pattern.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:46 am

I didn't have any luck with Turbo. Not a comfortable fit and didn't like the fabric, I know it is heavy for a reason.

We are all different shapes and sizes and unlike my friend above have always loved my nylon aussiebum!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:35 am

Scottiebum wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:46 am
I didn't have any luck with Turbo. Not a comfortable fit and didn't like the fabric, I know it is heavy for a reason.

We are all different shapes and sizes and unlike my friend above have always loved my nylon aussiebum!
I found the fit okay. The fabric is on the heavier side, but not course. The suit I bought was fully lined. I bought a suit from Q. Good fit, but the lycra on the one I bought is coarse, like the Speedo Endurance.
Last edited by Thom on Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:39 am

speedostud wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:54 am
I bought an Aronik suit, their ads are so hot… but I found the suits had a very stiff fabric and tight fit.
Also, Budgie Smugglers. Fun marketing but the suits squish all your bits and don’t make for a great package ‘presentation’.
I found the Budgie fit had more coverage, particularly in the butt. And of course their name is plastered all over it, turning my butt into a Budgie billboard.
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:41 am

Mazda3mps wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:40 pm
On the web site, it looked like they were designed for guys who are beefy. I decided not to buy since I'm not built that way.
Long time Speedo® lover

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:00 pm

Mazda3mps wrote:
Agreed on this one too - their website is so confusing with 3 or 4 different fits and materials?! I gave up at the cart.

Speedoswim64
United States of America

Post by Speedoswim64 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:41 am

Noodlebagz and No Bull- they use odd fabrics and they seem to stiff.

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:36 pm

speedostud wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:00 pm
Mazda3mps wrote:
Agreed on this one too - their website is so confusing with 3 or 4 different fits and materials?! I gave up at the cart.
Yeh, they say theres a fit for everyone, and i just couldnt find the perfect fit for me.. the Racerback XS is ok but not much space up front.

trance399
Canada

Post by trance399 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:07 am

For me it was the loose Aussiebums. Couldn't figure them out. They were huge on the waist and a decent good fit on the leg. I don't understand the appeal.
🎶

rmf

Post by rmf » Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:59 pm

Corka! I guess that is why they are out of business....
straight, married w/ kids.

Flatfront
United States of America

Post by Flatfront » Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:42 pm

Koalaswim Secret Wish Bikini. They say it is their best seller. It is supposed to hide your manhood and look feminine, but I never saw a girl wear a suit with a steel ring in front. I only wore it once to the Beach, then went back to my flat-front gaff thongs which actually do look flat in front and are comfortable. I still don't look feminine. The Mategear bikinis I have are even smaller than the Koala suit but look better.
Last edited by Flatfront on Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:43 pm

Oh man, do you have an hour?😄

The latest, the budget-priced Easy Juicy brief, faded and stretched out far too quickly. Was not worth it.

I didn't like the Sporti Euro brief. No front space, strange butt fit.

Several suits I bought online simply were too much coverage after being advertised as "low-rise", "high-cut leg", and other misleading fare. I rarely returned anything; I just wore it or brought it to Goodwill.

* Funny thing...every speedo I donated to Goodwill lasted HOURS on the rack at the longest. There are more closeted speedo fans out there than we think!

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:39 pm

trance399 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:07 am
For me it was the loose Aussiebums. Couldn't figure them out. They were huge on the waist and a decent good fit on the leg. I don't understand the appeal.
Your experience is wild -- I love the Loose (when AB's got the size right). I find them just comfortably loose at the waist and the newer ones a little too loose on the leg. Wore three of them today!

My profile pic is an older Loose - Freshwater.

Notdave
Great Britain

Post by Notdave » Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:03 am

I bought some suits from Boone, because I loved the designs, but the material is just a touch rough for my liking. I think it was 18% elastane rather than the normal 20% you get in briefs, but it made enough of a difference to be noticeable. I still love the designs but I just wish the feel was a bit nicer.

Edit: Just checked the suits, turns out they're 12% lycra, which is a fairly significant difference.

Otobias
Portugal

Post by Otobias » Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:02 pm

speedostud wrote:I bought an Aronik suit, their ads are so hot… but I found the suits had a very stiff fabric and tight fit.
I would love to grab a Budgie but as you put it the package presentation doesnt seem flattering at all. And too much side seam and fabric coverage overall...But a nice and funny marketing.
My biggest disappointments relate with poor sizing choices or models. So no third parties to complain of.
Maybe the only disappointment related with the profuct it sellf was a racerback Slugger. Love the pattern and fitting but the fabric seems too rough and not so tactile friendly to the boys down.

Enviado do meu SM-A525F através do Tapatalk