G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Laid back Caribbean country recommendations for travel?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

trance399
Canada

Laid back Caribbean country recommendations for travel?

Post by trance399 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:19 am

Countries and/or specific resorts.

I like very hot weather. Planning on September or October when kids are back in school. Not specifically looking for a place I can wear my swim briefs - because I would anywhere regardless of where I was.

Preferences:
-Looking for a hot, humid place
-Walkable
-Clean, quiet (at night)
-Safe to walk alone at night
-LGBT friendly (some Caribbean countries I've heard are not and I can't support that)
-Good food (not deep fried)
-Decent happy hours and preferably not drinks that are $15+ USD
-Probably prefer not all inclusive since I've heard bad things about all inclusive resorts serving mostly deep fried crap
-Adults only resort would be a big plus

Any recommendations?

Was looking into Aruba, Curacao, or Bahamas (Bahamas seems too pricey though).
Last edited by trance399 on Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
🎶

BozeHawk
Canada

Re: Laid back Caribbean country recommendations for travel?

Post by BozeHawk » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:24 pm

Due to their European history Saint Martin/Saint Maarten (one side French, the other Dutch), Aruba (Dutch), Curaçao (Dutch), Martinique (French), and St Bart (a French collectivity) would be good places to check out.

_su_
United States of America

Re: Laid back Caribbean country recommendations for travel?

Post by _su_ » Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:40 pm

I've been to the Excellence resorts in Punta Cana Dominican and Playa Mujeres Mexico, both times times during Christmas-week. Adults-only, all-inclusive. Drinks are included; they even keep your room fridge stocked daily with beer, water and soda, along with 3 different bottles of liquor (e.g. Smirnoff, Jack Daniels, and Captain Morgan). So leave your money locked in your room the whole stay. That being said, I did have a speedo and a square cut laying out to dry on the tub which were stolen by the cleaning service, along with a shawl belonging to my wife.

Each resort has 6-7 different cuisine restaurants (Mexican, Indian, French, American, etc.), and you don't need to make a reservation like you do at other resorts. I have a gluten allergy, so no deep fried anything for me, and they were very accommodating. Very big gates protect the resorts, but they allow vendors to come in and try to sell excursions to guests. While in Mexico, we visited the pyramids and a cenote. Recommend getting a "swim-up" room if available so you can walk out the back of your room and hop right into the lazy river.

Fyi, I was the only one I noticed wearing a speedo, but did receive compliments, so not a problem. There were reports of topless women out on the beach, but not poolside; seems to be a gray-area whether toplessness is legal. Made for some very interesting conversations at the bars at night.

I will second the recommendation for St. Martin/Maarten. We only stopped for an excursion on a cruise, but those were the most beautiful beaches.
Speedo tanlines - making you even easier to find in the dark...