G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Swim Brief Dominance

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

nwlmswimmerguy
United States of America

Swim Brief Dominance

Post by nwlmswimmerguy » Fri May 12, 2023 8:03 am

Not very often are swim briefs worn by the majority at my local pool in my sleepy little USA midwest town. Today was different. 3 out of the 4 of us doing our morning laps were wearing briefs. Ironically all of us were in black. One speedo one sporti and the other a non descript brief. The odd swimmer out was wearing a jammer. Good age spread guessing age 30 to 60+. Curious as to others brief to jammer to boardies ratio.

packedspeedo
United States of America

Re: Swim Brief Dominance

Post by packedspeedo » Sat May 13, 2023 4:39 am

My YMCA is maybe 1:3:10 ratio of speedos to jammers to boardies. A few guys have recently appeared wearing square cuts, kind of the between briefs and jammers.

nwlmswimmerguy
United States of America

Post by nwlmswimmerguy » Mon May 15, 2023 10:18 am

Todays tally. 3 briefs 5 jammers 1 square cut and one pair of boardies. I wore my red arenas

rmf

Post by rmf » Wed May 17, 2023 9:47 am

Ouch - Doing laps in boardies is like wearing a swim weight belt without knowing how to train in one... my shoulders are hurting just thinking about it... It just messes with your body position so bad...
straight, married w/ kids.

Solar73
United States of America

Post by Solar73 » Wed May 17, 2023 10:32 am

I’d say my local lap swim pool is probably 35/35/20/9.9/0.1%.
Briefs/square cut/jammer/board shorts/ thong…
I’m the only thong… LoL

Oceanrunner79
United States of America

Post by Oceanrunner79 » Tue May 23, 2023 4:38 pm

At my pool, I say every time I go there, at least one other guy in a speedo. My guess is 20% of the lap swimmer are in speedo briefs.

nwlmswimmerguy
United States of America

Post by nwlmswimmerguy » Mon May 29, 2023 8:42 am

Just returned from a week long Florida vacation. Lap swam tanned poolside and walked the beaches everyday in my speedo. Saw a lot of ladies in bikinis but not a single guy in a swim brief. It honestly surprised me. The upside is I got a jump start reestablishing my summer speedo tan lines. No doubt the guys at my Y will be jealous!

10decguy

Post by 10decguy » Tue May 30, 2023 10:32 am

nwlmswimmerguy wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 8:42 am
Just returned from a week long Florida vacation. Lap swam tanned poolside and walked the beaches everyday in my speedo. Saw a lot of ladies in bikinis but not a single guy in a swim brief. It honestly surprised me. The upside is I got a jump start reestablishing my summer speedo tan lines. No doubt the guys at my Y will be jealous!
Don't forget to share pictures to show us how your tanline is developping :P

nwlmswimmerguy
United States of America

Post by nwlmswimmerguy » Tue May 30, 2023 3:24 pm

10decguy wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 10:32 am
nwlmswimmerguy wrote:
I’ll try but just getting my avatar pic resized and posted was a brutal process

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue May 30, 2023 4:14 pm

nwlmswimmerguy wrote:
They're just not generally seen at the beaches in FL. There are a couple exceptions. South Beach and Haulover Beach in Miami. Haulover is a nude beach. Also, some sections of Fort Lauderdale Beach.
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue May 30, 2023 8:28 pm

nwlmswimmerguy wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 3:24 pm
10decguy wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 10:32 am

I’ll try but just getting my avatar pic resized and posted was a brutal process
I use irfanview software. It's free. Just specify the dimension in pixcels or the percent you want to make an image smaller.
https://www.irfanview.com/
Long time Speedo® lover