G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Discarding old suits

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

nwlmswimmerguy
United States of America

Discarding old suits

Post by nwlmswimmerguy » Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:32 pm

I know all speedos have a lifespan but does anybody else struggle with knowing when that time is? Some of my less favorites are easy to get rid of but my favorite go-to briefs, that’s a different story. Saggy butt and loss of leg elasticity are generally the death of my suits. I’ve thrown out countless speedos over the years and feel guilty every time. Just wondering if I’m the only one 😛

packedspeedo
United States of America

Re: Discarding old suits

Post by packedspeedo » Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:54 pm

Nope, me too. I'll wear two suits at once for a while. Once they start splitting up the height of the suit, they are gone.

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:56 am

The first sign of wear for me is thinning of the fabric in the center rear and sometimes in front. A few more swims and they usually get canned at the gym. Yes, a bummer, especially if it's a favorite, great looking suit, but then I think about buying its replacement. Like the mobsters say, nothing personal, just speedo business. 😆

ReservedEnthusiast
Italy

Post by ReservedEnthusiast » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:47 am

nwlmswimmerguy wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:32 pm
I know all speedos have a lifespan but does anybody else struggle with knowing when that time is? Some of my less favorites are easy to get rid of but my favorite go-to briefs, that’s a different story. Saggy butt and loss of leg elasticity are generally the death of my suits. I’ve thrown out countless speedos over the years and feel guilty every time. Just wondering if I’m the only one 😛
Based off your profile pic, I’m surprised it’s not the pouch that gives out first haha 😜

I know this struggle well. But the only suit that really should be thrown out right now is my first one ever, and I don’t think I have the heart to do that. 😢 I did have a few super cheap suits that I threw out because they aged very quickly. I try to only buy quality now, like Speedo, Arena and Jaked.

shadowmn
United States of America

Post by shadowmn » Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:16 am

If I throw out a speedo, I have to cut the side apart so it is unwearable. I know I'll be second guessing my decision to toss it out if I don't destroy it. lol
Just a straight guy that enjoys wearing speedos. Life is too short, enjoy wearing what you want.

ExBex
United States of America

Post by ExBex » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:37 am

It's a sad day when the decision is made. If a suit is worn out, it's because it was a favorite and I wore it a lot. And typically, it's pretty old by that point, and they've stopped making that style. Irreplaceable.

nwlmswimmerguy
United States of America

Post by nwlmswimmerguy » Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:39 pm

ExBex wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:37 am
It's a sad day when the decision is made. If a suit is worn out, it's because it was a favorite and I wore it a lot. And typically, it's pretty old by that point, and they've stopped making that style. Irreplaceable.
Ex. You hit that nail square on the head. Glad I’m not the only one

lycramike34
Great Britain

Post by lycramike34 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:33 am

nwlmswimmerguy wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:32 pm
I find it even more difficult, when the suit is still in fairly good Condition, but all the Leg Elastic has lost its Elasticity, meaning everything just Falls Out.
There's just nothing you can really do, Pull the Waist up so High, it just looks Ridiculous.
So, do they Go, or do you keep them, wear them at Home, try them at the Pool, and hope it 'all stays in' Just Keep them for ''Fun Times only''.

Found it to be so Annoying, and seems to be mostly Speedo Brands mostly, there not as Well made today as they were in the past. Several other bands seems to be able to keep the leg Elastic fairly Strong, even after a few Years. And Not always with lots of Wearing either.
Sadly some people think it's RIGHT to sell them on Ebay, As soon as you get them, you find all the leg Elastic/Support has completely Gone.

What's the Decision on this one.???

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:48 am

shadowmn wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:16 am
If I throw out a speedo, I have to cut the side apart so it is unwearable. I know I'll be second guessing my decision to toss it out if I don't destroy it. lol
I've thought about this... there's something in the pathology of having a fetish that just makes me want to hold on to old suits (it's the same kind of psychological glitch for hoarders, I suppose), and makes it exciting to keep collecting new ones. Consequently I have to force myself to throw out old suits here and there before I'm flooded in speedos. My collection recently hit 50 suits and I was like, "Ok, that's way too many. This is silly." and I threw out a bunch of ones that I didn't like as much.