G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedo Friendly Asian Countries - Any Tips?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

speedostud
Canada

Speedo Friendly Asian Countries - Any Tips?

Post by speedostud » Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:07 pm

Hi all, travelling around Asia at the moment and wondering if anyone has any tips for countries / beaches that are friendly to Speedo wearing? Especially Japan, Vietnam, South Korea, Philippines, Thailand.

Thom
United States of America

Re: Speedo Friendly Asian Countries - Any Tips?

Post by Thom » Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:31 am

speedostud wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:07 pm
Hi all, travelling around Asia at the moment and wondering if anyone has any tips for countries / beaches that are friendly to Speedo wearing? Especially Japan, Vietnam, South Korea, Philippines, Thailand.
I asked Bing A.I. if it was appropriate to wear speedos at the beach in Japan, and it replied that I should do a web search with relevant words. Are speedos too hot for A.I. to handle? LOL!
Long time Speedo® lover

BozeHawk
Canada

Post by BozeHawk » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:44 am

speedostud wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:07 pm
Pretty much at any beach or pool or river in Asia, Europe, Australasia, and even the Americas (excepting the States) swim briefs are not uncommon — and often are the norm — swim wear.

Specific to your question, I've worn them in Japan, Vietnam, the Philippines, and Thailand without a problem since I was a wee little nipper to this day.

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:50 pm

[/quote]
Are speedos too hot for A.I. to handle? LOL!
[/quote]

Lol, I love this!

lucas-in-speedos31
Malaysia

Post by lucas-in-speedos31 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:35 pm

Hi there,

Malaysian here. Yes, as Bozehawk mentioned that speedos are not common in Asia.

My experience in Thailand was also the same. Wore speedos to the beach and no one bats an eye. Just wear whatever speedo you want! :)

Asics87T
Australia

Post by Asics87T » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:09 am

Currently in Vietnam and lots of tourists in speedos (myself included) but locals do not wear them.

I would say the country is tolerant of but very uncommon to see worn outside of tourist locales.

Locals take more offense to women sunbathing topless.

Pierre Leclerc
Brazil

Post by Pierre Leclerc » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:18 am

The most "speedo friendly" country in Asia is China. It's very common to see men wearing speedos there, especially in Hong Kong.