G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedos in New Zealand

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Bluespeedos
United States of America

Speedos in New Zealand

Post by Bluespeedos » Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:12 am

Hello! I’m new here and am headed to New Zealand on vacation. What’s the culture there around speedos? I’d love to wear them on the beach, at the pool, in hot springs, but how might people respond?

Mountainman
New Zealand

Re: Speedos in New Zealand

Post by Mountainman » Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:23 am

Hi
Speedos exist mainly in swim training/ diving but trunks predominately worn every where beach, pools, lakes, hot pools.
I would wear speedos if u werent self conscious though

Bluespeedos
United States of America

Post by Bluespeedos » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:47 am

Mountainman wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:23 am
Hi
Speedos exist mainly in swim training/ diving but trunks predominately worn every where beach, pools, lakes, hot pools.
I would wear speedos if u werent self conscious though
Maybe I’ll give it a try then! If they’re acceptable, it would be nice to wear

BozeHawk
Canada

Post by BozeHawk » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:24 am

Be advised Aotearoa — The Land of the Long Cloud — is further south and closer to Antarctica than Australia. The sea temperature is, shall we say, brisk.
The warmest water temperature is in February with an average around 70.2°F / 21.2°C. The coldest month is August with an average water temperature of 58.3°F / 14.6°C.
https://www.seatemperature.org/australi ... ckland.htm

Bluespeedos
United States of America

Post by Bluespeedos » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:47 pm

BozeHawk wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:24 am
Be advised Aotearoa — The Land of the Long Cloud — is further south and closer to Antarctica than Australia. The sea temperature is, shall we say, brisk.
The warmest water temperature is in February with an average around 70.2°F / 21.2°C. The coldest month is August with an average water temperature of 58.3°F / 14.6°C.
I’m going in the summer so it should be better, but still brisk!

BozeHawk
Canada

Post by BozeHawk » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:06 pm

Bluespeedos wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:47 pm
BozeHawk wrote:
70.2°F / 21.2° is still damned cold for most folks. Hawaii's sea temperature in mid-summer is 81°F / 27°C, Miami 86°F / 30°C, Atlantic City 79°F / 26°C, Malibu 81°F / 27°C. However it is a gorgeous country. Enjoy your visit.

Bluespeedos
United States of America

Post by Bluespeedos » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:14 pm

BozeHawk wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:06 pm
Bluespeedos wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:47 pm
BozeHawk wrote:

70.2°F / 21.2° is still damned cold for most folks. Hawaii's sea temperature in mid-summer is 81°F / 27°C, Miami 86°F / 30°C, Atlantic City 79°F / 26°C, Malibu 81°F / 27°C. However it is a gorgeous country. Enjoy your visit.
Ha maybe I’ll just be on the beach and not in the water then. Hoping to wear the speedo at some point

JustaSpeedoguy
New Zealand

Post by JustaSpeedoguy » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:12 am

Hey, kiwi here
Speedos aren’t the majority here but also not uncommon either. You’ll find most guys wear board shorts like most places.

I wear speedos to the beach all the time here, at many different beaches around NZ and it’s perfectly acceptable. Sometimes there’s 1 or 2 other guys doing the same.

Also worn speedos to 3 different public hot pools in the last year or so. Probably more uncommon to be seen there than pools and beaches but again everyone treats it as just normal swimwear.

My experiences have always been people are relaxed about speedos here. So definitely go for it and get your speedos on every chance you get!

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:20 am

JustaSpeedoguy wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:12 am
Hey, kiwi here

My experiences have always been people are relaxed about speedos here. So definitely go for it and get your speedos on every chance you get!
Kiwis and Aussies just seem to be more casual about everything that Americans get worked up about.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:15 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:20 am
JustaSpeedoguy wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:12 am
Hey, kiwi here

Kiwis and Aussies just seem to be more casual about everything that Americans get worked up about.
Yeah, I genuinely find it really unusual. They're seen differently in the USA compared to the rest of the world.

Mountainman
New Zealand

Post by Mountainman » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:49 pm

Hope u enjoy your time in our country
Mostly trunks worn around beaches, swimming pools
, swimmers training will wear speedos..and the odd one .
Make sure u swim in lifeguard patrolled areas, as there are plenty of rips to watch out for in our sea beaches..Lakes are probably cooler but there are thermal pools too