G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Building confidence in speedos

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Bluespeedos
United States of America

Building confidence in speedos

Post by Bluespeedos » Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:00 am

How do you build your confidence to wear speedos in public? I used to be overweight and have felt a lot of embarrassment about my body. I’m in good shape now but still feel judged. I tried wearing speedos on the beach once this summer but felt nervous and noticed some women laughing. I want to be confident to wear my speedos all the time. How do I get over this?

OBXspeedo
United States of America

Re: Building confidence in speedos

Post by OBXspeedo » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:03 pm

I started lap swimming. I stopped caring what other people think as I walk around the pool, shower or when I’m in the water

packedspeedo
United States of America

Post by packedspeedo » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:35 pm

Stop listening to what others say. Much easier said than done.

txspeedo
United States of America

Post by txspeedo » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:46 pm

Bluespeedos wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:00 am
How do you build your confidence to wear speedos in public? I used to be overweight and have felt a lot of embarrassment about my body. I’m in good shape now but still feel judged. I tried wearing speedos on the beach once this summer but felt nervous and noticed some women laughing. I want to be confident to wear my speedos all the time. How do I get over this?
A step at a time. Wear it and feel great about it and about yourself. No one has a perfect body. Someone once told me that most guys wish they had the confidence to wear a speedo. Such the superior article of clothing for beach pool boating and water. I’m a guy who prefers speedo or Nike athletic briefs.

checkers
Canada

Post by checkers » Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:11 pm

Human bodies come in different shapes, sizes, and colour. Yours is exactly that, yours. Be proud of it, and feel comfortable in and with it. People who laugh or comment on other people's body are generally the last ones who should do that. From personal experience, I lost a lot of weight (the doctor called it circumference!), but I'm still not where I want to be. It matters not to me, I wear my speedos where and when I want to (beach or pool) and have learned to feel comfortable doing so. If people want to laugh or comment, I just let them - there's nothing I can do to stop them, except maybe to stop wearing a speedo, and I refuse to let them win. I've worked hard to get this body, it's been with me for many years, and I intend for it to be with me for many more years to come. Those people laughing will come and go, so they're not worth the bother. That's my two cents worth. Wear your speedos, and the devil be damned!

Bluespeedos
United States of America

Post by Bluespeedos » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:48 am

checkers wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:11 pm
Human bodies come in different shapes, sizes, and colour. Yours is exactly that, yours. Be proud of it, and feel comfortable in and with it. People who laugh or comment on other people's body are generally the last ones who should do that. From personal experience, I lost a lot of weight (the doctor called it circumference!), but I'm still not where I want to be. It matters not to me, I wear my speedos where and when I want to (beach or pool) and have learned to feel comfortable doing so. If people want to laugh or comment, I just let them - there's nothing I can do to stop them, except maybe to stop wearing a speedo, and I refuse to let them win. I've worked hard to get this body, it's been with me for many years, and I intend for it to be with me for many more years to come. Those people laughing will come and go, so they're not worth the bother. That's my two cents worth. Wear your speedos, and the devil be damned!
Thanks everybody. It is harder not to care what others think but I’m trying. I am so happy when I wear them.

Bluespeedos
United States of America

Post by Bluespeedos » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:22 am

OBXspeedo wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:03 pm
I started lap swimming. I stopped caring what other people think as I walk around the pool, shower or when I’m in the water
Lap swimming has helped me too. I find it harder to strip down to speedos on the beach or for hanging out in the pool when I’m not working out

Speedoswim64
United States of America

Post by Speedoswim64 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:43 am

For me it's all about the lap swimming mentality- this is what you wear for swimming laps, wearing anything else is wrong and not appropriate.
Own it, and no one cares.

Speedoswim64
United States of America

Post by Speedoswim64 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:44 am

For me it's all about the lap swimming mentality- this is what you wear for swimming laps, wearing anything else is wrong and not appropriate.

clem
United States of America

Post by clem » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:48 pm

Speedoswim64 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:44 am
Exactly. At one of my outdoor pools this summer, after a workout I would lounge in my brief, getting some sun. It's a perfect situation--I was swimming laps, I'm sure not donning shorts after being in the pool. It's always fun.

hedo lover
Great Britain

Post by hedo lover » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:44 am

the wife and i were in jamaica a few years back, i wore my kiniki trunks on the beach every day. I had a lot of stares but the wife was supportive witch helps a lot. the more you wear them in public the less you worry about others.

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:51 am

Yes, the more you wear them and notice no one cares, the better it gets. I like my tan lines, so that's the mentality I have; no problem wearing them to the beach, by the pool, or in the yard to get a tan.
Speedo tanlines - making you even easier to find in the dark...

Bluespeedos
United States of America

Post by Bluespeedos » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:18 am

Thanks for all these responses! I just wore them this weekend to the pool with some friends and felt great! I want to only be wearing speedos moving forward. Time to get there!

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:42 am

Bluespeedos wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:18 am
Thanks for all these responses! I just wore them this weekend to the pool with some friends and felt great! I want to only be wearing speedos moving forward. Time to get there!
I think each time you wear them it gets easier!

otter
United States of America

Post by otter » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:32 pm

People do notice, mostly of the corner of their eye, very few will stare or laugh. Laugh along. That goes equally for lap pool, hotel pool, lake, river, ocean cruise, wherever swimwear is appropriate. Wear with confidence, and feign confidence if you don't feel it at first.

...Enter the Dragon...
Han : We are all ready to win, just as we are born knowing only life. It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for.
Williams : I don't waste my time with it. When it comes, I won't even notice.
Han : Oh? How so?
Williams : I'll be too busy looking gooood.
feel water like an otter would

tanodle5
United States of America

Post by tanodle5 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:50 am

A piece of practical advise I found helpful: Just start wearing speedos around your house or in your own privacy (assuming its warm enough to do so!). You get used to having them on and convince yourself its no big deal. In my experience this is the most important thing about speedo wear: feeling confident. Practice the confidence by wearing speedos around the house!

speedostud
Canada

Post by speedostud » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:59 am

Go somewhere noons cares, like a gay beach or less stuffy country like Australia.