G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Selling/Donating My Speedos

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

speedoboi
Canada

Selling/Donating My Speedos

Post by speedoboi » Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:27 pm

I have been feeling very down lately - many reasons. In all honesty, I was hospitalized for being borderline suicidal. I still wish I was dead.

But as I was going through my swimwear, I realized I have too many swim briefs. I was just being stupid and made some purchases on impulse - stupid me. Moreover, because of my food allergies and food sensitivities, I'm not fat at all, but my abdominal area gets swollen so I don't look good to be in a swim brief.

What would be the best way to go about selling my swim briefs or donating them?

I will look at keeping maybe 5-7 only.

ScalieKobold
United States of America

Re: Selling/Donating My Speedos

Post by ScalieKobold » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:00 pm

First off, I’m very sorry that you’re dealing with this situation man. It must be rough for what you’re going through. I genuinely hope you get better mentally and physically.

I’d be interested in your swim briefs! Depending on what size they are! You can definitely message me via notes or some other place. c:

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:08 am

I don't know about donating but any ones I want to sell I just stick them on ebay.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:02 am

I had luck with Poshmark. If you're not posing in them though (which I did not, but I'll get to that later), they will be harder to sell. Be prepared to get asked for pics of you.

Sorry to hear you're in a rough place right now; it's only temporary. I'm going through a divorce now (yay, no more dealing with my wife's homophobia! Hence not being allowed to post pics either here or on Poshmark), and it just did not work out. I was suicidal too. But the woman I just started dating is very enthusiastic about me expressing myself in every way. She's getting a very personal fashion show this weekend!
Speedo tanlines - making you even easier to find in the dark...

10decguy

Post by 10decguy » Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:42 pm

So sorry to hear this Speedoboi. Hope everything starts to work out for you and that you can leave the dark thoughts behind you.
I also suffered from a burnout/depression this summer, but with some medical support, a bunch of good talks and very importantly enough time to rest and take care of myself, I feel already better again. Hope this can work out for you as well.

MISpeedo
United States of America

Post by MISpeedo » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:21 am

speedoboi and _su_
Sorry to read you are both going through some hard times right now. Hope both of you take care of yourselves and reach out for help when needed; especially speedoboi. Have enjoyed reading your posts over the years and look forward to many more to come in the future. FYI I have had good luck selling my older or not needed suits on eBay and have done so with only a photo of the suit and not any of me wearing the suit.
Good luck to both of you for a full recovery.

ExBex
United States of America

Post by ExBex » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:46 am

Hang in there... I'm sure your reasons for feeling down are valid, but there are always ways to make things better, little by little.

1. I've always had success selling suits on ebay. (And buying them!)

2. I've dealt with digestive issues all my life. Doctors weren't much help. I did the food allergy tests and all that. What I eventually found is that my body can't tolerate modern processed foods. I'm in a great place with my digestion now, by sticking with a few rules. ... No artificial sugars. No food additives (dyes, emulsifiers, preservatives, etc). No added/fortified synthetic vitamins and minerals (especially in foods like cereals). No vegetable seed oils (only olive or coconut oil, which are fruits). No wheat (except organic pasta from Italy or high quality sourdough). Minimal vegetables (they are hard to digest).

I eat fresh fruit, meat, dairy/eggs, white rice, potatoes, dark chocolate, OJ, etc. All cooked at home. I eat as much of this as I want, and stay very lean. I check cronometer to make sure I'm getting all my vitamins/minerals naturally from my food.

3. Magnesium Glycinate supplements... this is the only supplement I take because I'm not getting enough in my diet. Most people are magnesium deficient, and deficiency correlates strongly with depression and anxiety. I started taking it to relieve chronic back pain (it's a muscle relaxer), but I found it has helped reduce anxiety and acts as a calming mood stabilizer. It's pretty cheap and might be worth trying.

4. Low Testosterone can also cause both depression and fat distribution issues. It's worth getting checked. Low Magnesium/zinc/D3 can all cause low T.

I really wish you the best.

sandford50
Great Britain

Post by sandford50 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:42 am

Definitely EBay. I sold loads of previously bought on an impulse but never worn styles on there.