G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Married men & speedos

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

frankjath

Re: Married men & speedos

Post by frankjath » Mon May 02, 2016 8:45 am

I'm not married or straight but who needs labels anyway lol. So I was talking with friend who met a straight couple at a pool party. The guy even though he is straight him and his wife travel all over Europe and also go to gay events such as Folsom, etc. He even wears "skimpy" speedos such as N2N Bodywear, etc. His wife is super cool and encourages him. My friend was telling me that since he's European he's super open and when he was leaving gave my friend a goodbye kiss on the lips. I think it's super cool when guys are comfortable in them selfs regardless of their sexuality. My friend said he was wearing these really sexy speedos and the pool and that his body was amazing.

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Wed May 04, 2016 7:44 pm

Married, my wife loves me in speedos and bikini underwear. She's not as comfortable with me wearing them to the pool, but since she doesn't like to swim much, I wear them I public. Even with my kids. They are all used to it. They have even seen me sitting around the house in them on hot summer nights. Not a big deal.

Bullseye
United States of America

Post by Bullseye » Wed May 04, 2016 11:21 pm

Married, love to wear and swim in speedos. My wife doesn't love them so much, nor my smaller brief underwear either. She would shoot me dead if I ever tried to wear them (speedos) around the house or even in our own pool with my girls around. She is okay with me wearing them when it is just the two of us. And a happy wife makes a happy life, right? So I don't fight her on it.

PNWGuy

Post by PNWGuy » Thu May 05, 2016 8:22 am

I've been married to the same woman for nearly 35 years and she's never seen me in any swimsuit other than a Speedo (not necessarily the brand but the style). It's just what I wear in the water, whether the pool, beach, or (many years ago) the waterslides with my kids. Actually, if the situation is appropriate then I ditch the speedo, too.

rmf

Post by rmf » Thu May 05, 2016 9:53 am

It's great to see this thread is getting a bump after 7 yrs of it's original post. Lots of new people have joined.

My signature line pretty much sums it up. The only thing my wife doesn't like when I wear speedos is me being paranoid or talk about people are staring at me. If anything, She tells me to either suck it up and get over it or don't wear them. Her philosophy is that there are a lot more important things in life to deal with let alone what style of swimwear one chooses and that you only live one so who cares... As long as the suit is not over the top, she is fine with it. My kids are too young to care. My son has been wearing them since he was 2 and just told me a few weeks ago that squarecuts & briefs are his preference over shorts and that I need to be sure he has a few pairs in preparation for summer. As long as we buy them, he will wear them....
straight, married w/ kids.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Sat May 07, 2016 2:47 am

I don't know anyone, married or not, who is a fan of speedos as I am. (Unless they are secretly or privately and I just don't know about it.) I'm not married, never have been, but I still hold out hope that I'll someday find the right woman and marry her. But this I know: by the time the relationship starts getting serious, she will know that I am an enthusiastic speedo wearer and if she has a big problem with that, the relationship won't last very long and will never get anywhere close to the marriage stage. In fact, I would seek a gal that loves to wear skimpy swimsuits (in her case, bikinis) as much as I love to wear speedos, so that we both have that in common. Like our friends swimsuitcouplesc on these forums, who I'm a huge fan of and quite envious of also!
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

sandford50
Great Britain

Post by sandford50 » Sat May 07, 2016 12:32 pm

Previous wife and ex-girlfriend knew I liked the speedo look. Just about to go on a weeks Majorca villa holiday with current girlfriend so hoping she's as accepting

Red^^Speedo
United States of America

Post by Red^^Speedo » Mon May 09, 2016 8:03 am

I am married.

My wife has liked me in Speedos since we first started dating.

Speedo1986
United States of America

Post by Speedo1986 » Thu May 12, 2016 6:37 pm

Married for almost 7 years. Have a beautiful daughter. Neither my wife or daughter care what I wear.

mikesk40

Post by mikesk40 » Fri May 13, 2016 8:23 am

Married he and I am trying to get my wife used to me in a speedo.

electric2010
United States of America

Post by electric2010 » Mon May 16, 2016 3:50 am

I'm married, and still trying to get wife used to speedos. Just came back from Mediterranean cruise, and that was all I took. She didn't comment one way or the other. Still, if I went to a local pool or beach I don't think she would be keen on a speedo. She was OK, because she knew that we wouldn't know anyone that was on the cruise...

scottishSpeedo
Great Britain

Post by scottishSpeedo » Mon May 16, 2016 9:10 am

My wife wasn't keen originally (shes from Canada) but now she thinks it would be odd to see me wear anything else other than a speedo....
Partly exposure to them and partly certain styles look better than others, oddly she prefers a tighter fit than a looser one (mainly as baggy spandex ain't a good look on anyone)

DutchSpeedoLover
Netherlands

Post by DutchSpeedoLover » Sat May 21, 2016 6:24 am

Maybe a strange question, because I am single.

If you are married that would mean, you love eachother and you accept how you are. This also means you accept that both partners have their own behaviours, addictions and also have their own way how to dress. So if your wife doesn't accept that you like to wear Speedos, does she than really love you and accept how you are?

Bullseye
United States of America

Post by Bullseye » Sat May 21, 2016 12:31 pm

DutchSpeedoLover wrote:Maybe a strange question, because I am single.

If you are married that would mean, you love eachother and you accept how you are. This also means you accept that both partners have their own behaviours, addictions and also have their own way how to dress. So if your wife doesn't accept that you like to wear Speedos, does she than really love you and accept how you are?
Not a strange question at all Dutch. It's a great one. And I am sure there are many who would agree that if a person loves you they should "accept you as your are". My perspective is a bit different. You mentioned "behaviors, addictions, and the way to dress" together, I would not equate them all. But I will go with it to make my point. If you were married to an alcoholic prone to drinking and driving, would it be love to accept her drinking and driving? If you knew your spouse was addicted to heroin, would it be loving just to accept that addiction and say "well that is just the way that he is?" Again, I am not equating wearing a speedo to being a drunk or heroin addict! You are not hurting yourself or others, I get it. But I am using extreme examples to make a point. You can love someone and not accept everything about them. It is impossible for two people in love to accept everything about the other person, because there are times when your two beliefs or prefered actions will be in direct conflict. I like to wear speedos to swim, she doesn't like to see me wear speedos in public. According to the "total acceptance" notion of love, don't I have to accept her nonacceptance of speedos just as much as she has to accept my desire to wear them? So what do you do then? Sometimes one person has to defer to the other. To me, that is true love. Putting the other person first, before yourself. Love isn't about pleasing yourself, it is about pleasing the other person. If both people see love that way, then the marriage becomes a relationship of give and take. No one person always gets his or her own way, sometimes you defer to the other, sometimes you accept their deference. But each of you knows that the other is always willing to set aside his or her own interests for the sake of the other. I like wearing speedos, but I love my wife. i will gladly defer to her preference on that one, it is a no brainer. I'll keep working on getting her more comfortable with me in a speedo, and hopefully she will come around. If not, oh well. She's a great wife, even if she doesn't appreciate her husband showing off his hot speedo bod to the world!

scottishSpeedo
Great Britain

Post by scottishSpeedo » Sat May 21, 2016 1:09 pm

One question:
Would she defer to you if you said you didn't like her wearing skirts shorter than calf length in public?

Bullseye
United States of America

Post by Bullseye » Sat May 21, 2016 2:47 pm

scottishSpeedo wrote:One question:
Would she defer to you if you said you didn't like her wearing skirts shorter than calf length in public?
Actually, she would. She is a very modest person. The hard thing for her to defer to would be a shorter skirt, not a longer one.

scottishSpeedo
Great Britain

Post by scottishSpeedo » Sat May 21, 2016 3:36 pm

Fair enough
Sounds to a degree like my wife...though her modesty is due to her mother telling her she was the smart one not the pretty one...along with "wear pants as your too fat to wear skirts or dresses" way to ruin someone's self esteem...

taken 10 years but I've undone some of the damage caused and made her realise she is beautiful...

Cuteandsmooth3

Post by Cuteandsmooth3 » Tue May 24, 2016 10:56 am

My wife loves my speedos. I wear them wherever it is appropriate to do so. For example, wearing speedos in St. Martin is fine as well as a relatively secluded beach we go to at home. I don't wear them in places where they are not commonly seen (Barbados) and at family beaches. No woman I've been with has ever complained about my tiny suits...

scottishSpeedo
Great Britain

Post by scottishSpeedo » Tue May 24, 2016 12:43 pm

Thats what I don't understand, why speedos are deemed to be "not family appropriate"
I can understand a G string or some of the more "exotic" gay scene suits, but a regular speedo or Tyr brand suit? Come off it...

Then again I knew someone in Canada who was uncomfortable with seeing other men in less than street clothes, how the heck he survived workplace locker rooms...who knows...even boxer shorts had him cringing and grousing.....

SP22
Canada

Post by SP22 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:23 am

There are some Awesome wives that are supportive like mine
looking for beach speedo friends for friendship