G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Married men & speedos

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

52dno98
United States of America

Re: Married men & speedos

Post by 52dno98 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:34 pm

blueflinch wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:30 pm
I'd be more concerned about my partner going home with pasty white thighs! It's a beach, for crying out loud. :lol:
First, this is the U.S. We're prudes.

Secondly, we live in the southeastern U.S., which is a particularly conservative part of the country.

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:38 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:34 pm

Secondly, we live in the southeastern U.S., which is a particularly conservative part of the country.
I'll have to go there someday so I can witness this behaviour with my own eyes. It just sounds so over-the-top. Australians aren't exactly sexually liberated. We still have people getting upset over some lady breastfeeding in public. But I think we're generally relaxed about speedos. If you wore a thong that showed off half your arse, that would be a problem. Speedos are okay, though. :lol:

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:57 pm

blueflinch wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:38 pm
If you wore a thong that showed off half your arse, that would be a problem. Speedos are okay, though. :lol:
It’s my understanding that I’m most places in the US showing your butt in public is not indecent exposure and therefore is legal. Localities and pools and such can have stricter rules but if you wore a thong you could be asked to leave but not arrested. Most states including mine allow women to be topless in places where men can be topless but again that is subject to local rules. Also in my state it’s legal to be naked in the wilderness. There are more than 100 clothing optional hot springs in my state.

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:46 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:15 pm
blueflinch wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:14 pm
But I don't think female brains really work like that. She's probably more concerned about what her friends think. Or maybe she thinks being excited by speedos is somehow abnormal. I dunno. Life is so complicated! :lol:
Or she's concerned with what strangers would think. I was on the beach with my wife last year and she would NOT let me drop my dork shorts and sun in a speedo. I said, "you don't know a soul here and you're never going to see any of them again." I had to walk up the beach a few minutes and find a spot by myself.
my wife has said the same to me, but she doesn't have a problem with me laying out in a speedo in the back yard where the neighbors can me.

landoffrozensheep
Great Britain

Post by landoffrozensheep » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:09 pm

52dno98 wrote:
blueflinch wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:14 pm
But I don't think female brains really work like that. She's probably more concerned about what her friends think. Or maybe she thinks being excited by speedos is somehow abnormal. I dunno. Life is so complicated! :lol:
Or she's concerned with what strangers would think. I was on the beach with my wife last year and she would NOT let me drop my dork shorts and sun in a speedo. I said, "you don't know a soul here and you're never going to see any of them again." I had to walk up the beach a few minutes and find a spot by myself.
Mine doesn't care, she'd probably have some choice words for someone (I've installed a backbone in her that or my argumentative nature has rubbed off on her to a degree)

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:00 pm

BJE wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:57 pm
Also in my state it’s legal to be naked in the wilderness. There are more than 100 clothing optional hot springs in my state.
Wow! I did not know either of these facts. America is such a land of contradictions! :P

Red^^Speedo
United States of America

Post by Red^^Speedo » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:17 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:34 pm
blueflinch wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:30 pm
I'd be more concerned about my partner going home with pasty white thighs! It's a beach, for crying out loud. :lol:

I disagree. Neither the USA, nor the southeastern US is overwhelmingly prude.

But fashion-concious? If we're talking about Speedos not being 'in fashion', aye, there's the rub.
Now, all the reasons for that in this era, well, good fodder for long discussion.

Few are willing to be the green monkey.

But the pendulum will swing. And I haven't minded being a green monkey, as long as the opposition isn't lethal. 8)

And it's not about the USA and the southern USA being extra ordinarily prudish.

rmf

Post by rmf » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:55 am

52dno98 wrote:
Wow, I don't want to cause trouble but that does sound bad. I am guessing you are talking about the 30A area too which isn't all that bad or a place that she should be completely embarrassed at being with you. You know at the end of the day if my wife chose a particular swimsuit that maybe I didn't really think looked good, I would probably just bite the bullet for the sake of the relationship/marriage. If she wanted to wear it that bad it would be obvious that it really means something more to her and I would just go with it. It's not my place to oppress her in that way with my views. I would only hope that we could meet at the happy medium - that I always say that I am at with her in my suits (nothing skimpy, see through or extreme in my case).

Well, if it helps, I would encourage you to consider the 30A beach access we go to in that area. I have mentioned it before that I have seen a few people in square cut suits and briefs over the years at that particular access and, it's a real quiet access where no one bothers you. From a 30A location wise, it's in a center of a lot of great family attractions. Maybe if she saw others it would ease her mind a bit or if the beach is less crowed. IDK but it is something to think about.....
straight, married w/ kids.

swimmerbud
United States of America

Post by swimmerbud » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:23 pm

For clarification, South Florida is the only part of the country you have to drive north to get to “The South.” When Southeastern US is mentioned, South Florida is not included. 😛
Life is short, Speedo on
USA | Mostly Straight

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:28 pm

Red^^Speedo wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:17 pm
I disagree. Neither the USA, nor the southeastern US is overwhelmingly prude.

But fashion-concious? If we're talking about Speedos not being 'in fashion', aye, there's the rub.
Now, all the reasons for that in this era, well, good fodder for long discussion.
An interesting perspective. Do you see speedos coming into fashion in the future? Have they been fashionable Stateside in the past? Love to hear your views ... :P

landoffrozensheep
Great Britain

Post by landoffrozensheep » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:45 pm

Personally I'm surprised they aren't in fashion at the moment given the massive 80s and 90s revival thats going on (particularly when leggings and really high cut swimsuits are back for women, though the all men are predators narrative still pervades much of the media sadly.)

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:59 pm

rmf wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:55 am
Well, if it helps, I would encourage you to consider the 30A beach access we go to in that area. I have mentioned it before that I have seen a few people in square cut suits and briefs over the years at that particular access and, it's a real quiet access where no one bothers you. From a 30A location wise, it's in a center of a lot of great family attractions. Maybe if she saw others it would ease her mind a bit or if the beach is less crowed. IDK but it is something to think about.....
We go to Miramar just West of 30A, which USED to be quiet thirty years ago, lol. Now it's super crowded. We went the week of July 4th and I've never seen so many people on that beach... Naturally, I was wearing a speedo under my shorts, but they never came off. One day (I think it was the 4th itself) my wife and I were on the beach by ourselves (in-laws were at the condo with our son) and I asked my wife "what would you think of me wearing a speedo here?" and she was AGHAST. "There are so many people around!!!!" Which to me gives me a certain level of anonymity... like I'm just one dude amongst thousands.

In my wife's defense I should say that I didn't see a speedo that whole week.

rmf

Post by rmf » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:00 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:59 pm

We go to Miramar just West of 30A, which USED to be quiet thirty years ago, lol. Now it's super crowded. We went the week of July 4th and I've never seen so many people on that beach...
Miramar is super crowed and has a small beach line. It's a lot more built up than if you go South more. If you wanted to change it up, consider Seagrove area. It's between Seaside and Rosemary and the HUB is also close by which has family stuff to do most nights. Seaside and HUB always has kids stuff going on which is helpful for us at nights when we want to get out but not want to specifically have to entertain our kids. They often have free kid's movies or a show and we just pull up with a blanket and let them sit while we sit back and hang out. The beaches are wider and the area is not as many houses so it feels a bit more open. However, it might be a little more expensive since the area has gain popularity.
straight, married w/ kids.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:37 am

rmf wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:00 pm
Miramar is super crowed and has a small beach line. It's a lot more built up than if you go South more. If you wanted to change it up, consider Seagrove area. It's between Seaside and Rosemary and the HUB is also close by which has family stuff to do most nights. Seaside and HUB always has kids stuff going on which is helpful for us at nights when we want to get out but not want to specifically have to entertain our kids. They often have free kid's movies or a show and we just pull up with a blanket and let them sit while we sit back and hang out. The beaches are wider and the area is not as many houses so it feels a bit more open. However, it might be a little more expensive since the area has gain popularity.
My family has a condo in Miramar and has since the mid 80's, so we're pretty locked in to that area. We love Seaside and Rosemary Beach, though.