G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

When did your love for speedos start?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

surferdude103180

When did your love for speedos start?

Post by surferdude103180 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:21 pm

For me, I started to lvoe speedos in high school when i was onthe swim team. I loved goign into the showers after practice and seeing all the guys in their speedos and then takign them off. It was so hot and I stil fantazise over it. What about you guys?

surferdude103180

Post by surferdude103180 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:22 pm

you're so lucky you got to grow up with speedos jace.
i sadly had to live in anit-speedo america and i didn't really get to them till i got into swim. form there i never stopped. ahha

beaumatt

Post by beaumatt » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:28 pm

Mine started with the Olympics, Mark Spitz and Greg Louganis...two sexier men never existed!

adam

Re: When did your love for speedos start?

Post by adam » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:19 pm

surferdude103180 wrote:For me, I started to lvoe speedos in high school when i was onthe swim team. I loved goign into the showers after practice and seeing all the guys in their speedos and then takign them off. It was so hot and I stil fantazise over it. What about you guys?
SURFERDUDE,
STARTED TO WEAR SPEEDOS AT COLLEGE AND HAVE NEVER STOPMMMM.
ADAM :D :)
KIWI

SpeedoMike

Post by SpeedoMike » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:18 am

seventh grade, although I wanted a pair before that.

nachix

Post by nachix » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:30 am

I started wearing speedos at 17. Since then, I only use them at the pool or beach

age appropriate

Post by age appropriate » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:30 am

in my late teens, when i moved to live by the beach and went swimming all the time and saw loads of fit guys in tight speedos

:wink:

Adibum_23

Post by Adibum_23 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:42 pm

I wore nothing but a speedo until I was about 8 years old.... at that age I didnt really know much better so yeah.... it was just swimwear for all I cared.

I'd say I got interested in the speedo when I started to get interested in guys.... so that was around 13-14. As for getting one myself.... I always toyed with the idea but just this past summer I really started to want one ON me as opposed to just on someone else, and I got one for myself.

Alex

PL

Post by PL » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:47 pm

I've loved speedos and seeing guys in speedos for about as long as I can remember. Like Beaumatt I also recall Mark Spitz in the olympics in '72. I was 11 at that time, so I guess I'm one of the older guys on this forum, but I'm not sure and frankly don't care. In the 70s and even part of the 80s speedos and short shorts were acceptable in the USA. But that has changed. I sure hope it changes back. Or maybe I should move to Australia.

SpeedoMike

Post by SpeedoMike » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:02 am

Like Beaumatt I also recall Mark Spitz in the olympics in '72. I was 11 at that time, so I guess I'm one of the older guys on this forum
I can confirm you are far from being the oldest guy here. :wink:

deadendwaterfall

Post by deadendwaterfall » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:28 pm

For me, it all started when I went to after school swimming lessons when I was 9 years old.

dhs

Re:

Post by dhs » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:08 pm

Adibum_23 wrote:I wore nothing but a speedo until I was about 8 years old.... at that age I didnt really know much better so yeah.... it was just swimwear for all I cared.

I'd say I got interested in the speedo when I started to get interested in guys.... so that was around 13-14. As for getting one myself.... I always toyed with the idea but just this past summer I really started to want one ON me as opposed to just on someone else, and I got one for myself.

Alex
. Found some old picture of the family the other day at swift's beach in cape cod & my I must have been 12 in a green Kelley bikini at ease!
Twenty plus years later at my reserve base found this grey speedo and when at this local school pool at lunch time I would put against the jets what a turn on and sold on speedos ever since! Back in mass for 6 months till December wouldn't mind meeting someone who like wearing speedos as well at the tip of the cape in Truro or Provincetown for the day
I believe there is a nude beach in Truro! In a speedo dhs

nmspeedoboi
United States of America

Post by nmspeedoboi » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:31 pm

When I was around 15 I went to some kind of company party that was hosted by my Dad’s employer at a local private club for the company’s employees and their families. The party consisted of an afternoon picnic at tables set up on the grass next to two large swimming pools, one of which was a full sized Olympic pool, and the other was a smaller diving pool. Though I wasn’t a particularly good swimmer at the time, I was good enough to enjoy the pools, and particularly enjoyed going off from the diving boards in the diving pool. It was at this party that I saw two younger boys, clearly brothers, both wearing bright purple Speedos with a white stripe down the sides. I became fixated on them, admiring how sexy they looked. The older boy was around 11 or so and the younger one was probably about 8 or 9. I got a boner just watching at them and thought to myself that I just HAD to get one of those suits for myself. I had a job at a local ranch that summer and had managed to squirrel away several hundred dollars – which was a substantial amount of money back then. I went to the local sporting goods store where we had to get the only gym shorts and tank top that was approved by our high school for gym class, and where I had seen a display of Speedos when purchasing my gym clothes earlier. Sure enough, they had a purple suit in my size identical to the ones worn by the two boys at the party, and I bought it. It was one of the 100% nylon suits with a drawstring top and I bought it to fit snugly. I could hardly wait to get back home and try it on in the privacy of my own bathroom. I must admit, that I looked pretty good as I admired myself in the full length mirror. Of course as I admired myself I immediately got a boner, and every time I even thought about putting the suit on over the next couple of days, my cock almost immediately rose to attention!

Finally after wearing it several more times over the next few days in the privacy of my own room, I got myself under control and was able to wear it over to my friend’s house where they had a backyard above ground pool. Though my friend did not have a Speedo, he did wear a tight fitting spandex blend square cut suit which was fairly popular back in those days. He made no particular comment about my Speedo, but his younger sister (who was very cute) did comment and she let me know she that really liked seeing me in it. I've been addicted to Speedos ever since and glad of it!

Sluggo's

Post by Sluggo's » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:28 am

In Australia all boys start off in speedos. My dad was responsible for keeping us in speedos and even when I went through the boardies stage I always wore speedos into the water. But up until I was 14 I'd ride my bike to the beach I my speedos and wear them all day at home. Dad my brothers and I would ride down to the beach to go fishing clad only in speedos. Maybe boys and men will get back into this one day soon.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:17 am

Since knee high I've been in speedos also. Just grew up in them.

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:22 pm

...:::sam:::... wrote:Since knee high I've been in speedos also. Just grew up in them.
Sam, you have grown up well in them, I must add.
Let's keep it brief.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:27 pm

haha thanks, you too!

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:21 am

My love of speedos is a refined and focussed aspect of my lifelong fascination for all things swimming, diving, scuba, breath-holding, water immersion and swimwear. Some of my earliest childhood memories were when I would see something on TV or in print dealing with any of that, and it would really get my attention. Even as a kid, seeing TV shows like Sea Hunt, Flipper, or any movie scenes dealing with scuba, swimming, snorkeling, or especially breath hold diving would get me aroused and I didn't know why. I only knew that I kind of liked the feeling of it! The swimming/underwater diving scenes from Creature from the Black Lagoon were particularly boner inducing, especially when the lovely lady in distress is taken underwater into the monster's lair. And in movies from that era (no, I'm not that old - they would re-run those movies years later on TV), scuba divers rarely wore wetsuits, instead just wore swim trunks, and men's swimsuits in those days were cut much tighter and briefer. And it all came together as a major turn on for me.

Then there was competitive swimming and platform/springboard diving in the Olympics and elsewhere, and I definitely took interest in the athletes and their brief swimsuits, and especially the females in their tight one-pieces, and my childhood swimsuit fetish was well along in its development. Then came childhood swimming lessons, at a local high school pool, and I remember seeing the older swim team athletes walking around the locker room in their speedos, and it really caught my interest. Then in high school myself, I never was athletic, so never had the nerve or desire to go out for any sport, but I took as much swimming as I could for P.E., and sometimes, the swim team guys would be in the pool at the same time as us nerdy P.E. types, and I would marvel at their athleticism and how sleek and perfect those speedos looked on these guys, and how efficient the athletes looked slicing through the water in them, and if I wasn't quite yet a speedo enthusiast at the time, they sure were grabbing my attention.

Then in college, more swimming for P.E. (taken as an elective), I had a good friend who had a very athletic build and wore a brief, tight, low-rise black speedo and I was secretly very envious. I once asked him if he wore his speedo to the beach, not just the college pool (this was the early 1980s when speedos were not yet scorned) and he said he did, and it just killed me, how freaking cool was this dude! But there was never any question for me at least, it was never about the good looking men in speedos, it was just about the speedos, and I increasingly fixated on the splendidness of the speedo over any other type of male swimwear, and the interest had become a strong fetish. Of course, a complete bikini fetish for the women that I was attracted to sexually had long before taken hold, only now, the idea of myself also being in very minimal swimwear was becomming a strong parallel component. And I finally made it a reality for myself about five years after college when I was doing work in Hawaii and making many trips there, and finally decided I just had to buy a smaller, form fitting, tighter swimsuit than the trunks I was wearing for all the snorkeling I was doing. Because all these motivations finally all crashed together at that time in my life and I just could not go forward without satisfying the "minimal swimsuit" part of my desires.

The funny thing is that when I went to the store in Hawaii to buy my new swimsuit, I convinced myself that I would start out with something a bit more conservative than an actual speedo brief, so perhaps a square cut suit, or a very small pair of swim shorts, and then hopefully "work my way up" to someday later getting a real speedo. But when I was in the men's swimwear section, and I saw all those speedos hanging on the racks, I just knew I was NOT going to be happy if I walked out of the store with anything else but a real speedo, and I forced myself to buy the most boner-inducing swimsuit that I coveted the most, a sleek little jet black Speedo with 1" sides. My entire body was tingling with excitement, anticipation, and even a fair amount of dread but overall extreme happiness, that I was finally a Speedo owner, and would soon know the pleasure of being a Speedo wearer for every minute I spent in the ocean, the beach and the pool.

So that completed my lifelong journey to undeniable speedo lover. The seeds were planted in earliest childhood, and germinated in high school and college where I had a developing interest in speedos, which evolved into no question but that I was a fan of them, to that point in adulthood when I finally admitted that I just had to buy one for myself and actually did it, and I have never looked back, and am only envious of anyone who actually grew up wearing them! And of course it's fetish based, but speedos (and bikinis for the gals!) are definitely a significant and important component in what is now an evolved swimsuit/freediving/breath holding fetish that percolates down into my very soul.

I just love speedos soooooo much!
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

merken

Post by merken » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:37 pm

I grew up in a small town in the middle of the USA. My dad has worn speedos since before I was born, so of course my first swimsuit was a red speedo. This was around 1990. I wore it to swim lessons at the local public pool. I was too young feel self-conscious about it, although I do vaguely remember some of the teenage female lifeguards commenting that they thought my red speedo was cute.

As I got older I realized that no other guys wore them and so I adopted the herd mentality and ditched them. Then when I was a teenager, we went to Mexico and there were lots of Europeans in speedos at the hotel. The fact that no one seemed to care about how other people's bodies looked in their choice of swimsuit made an impression on me. My family was never very puritanical, anyway. At the trip's end, I had developed a nerdy-looking tan line from my board shorts. That sealed the deal for me: I was going back to speedos! When my mom saw them, she told me she thought guys in baggy board shorts looked ridiculous, anyway.

swimdude
United States of America

Post by swimdude » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:21 am

My love fir speedos started my first year of high school on my swim team. I grew up wearing jammers for competive swimming. But for varsity my curiosity peeked and I started wearing them more n taking a peek of other guys wearing em too was a plus. Another reason was the dive team worked out the same time we did so you see them in speedos all the time