G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Hair Removal--what's your preference?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

sdspeedo

Hair Removal--what's your preference?

Post by sdspeedo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:22 pm

Hey guys,
Recently discovered this board. My opinion is that if you got the cahones to wear speedos (or N2n or arena-- :) my favorites), then you go hairless--neck to toes. I'm going to do another triathlon later this fall, haven't decided if I should go for waxing it all off, or just keep shaving? Don't have the $$$ for laser removal.

What's your preference in becoming hairless?

Scotty

Re: Hair Removal--what's your preference?

Post by Scotty » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:44 pm

Well my preference is Magic Shave ... you can look up old posts but it seems to be the hair-removal-method-of-choice for swimmers ... :mrgreen:

The Boy Wonder

Post by The Boy Wonder » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:01 am

I must try this Magic Shave, how does it work, Scotty?

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:55 am

The Boy Wonder wrote:I must try this Magic Shave, how does it work, Scotty?
BW - It's a dipilatory, like Nair ... but it has special emolients etc. that help to reduce/eliminate ingrown hairs ... As with any product like this, it is always good to test it on a small patch of skin first to ensure no adverse reaction. I use the one that comes in the white/blue tube with a black top but others here use the powder in the can that must be mixed prior to use ... :mrgreen: If you decide to try it we'd love to hear about your experience ... oh and of course we'd love to see the smooth results ... tee-hee

speedorod

Post by speedorod » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:27 pm

Last edited by speedorod on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:46 pm

I, too, have had trouble recently purchasing it locally but i did find a great web site called http://www.nationwidecampus.com that sells the tubes in 3-packs for a great price. :mrgreen: Just do a search for "Magic Shave." The picture that they show on the site is the older-style packaging which has a blue (ok Teal) top instead of the black top that it is now packaged with, so don't be surprised ...

...:::sam:::...

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:52 am

I do the laser with numming cream. I dont think I could wax incase something ripped. :oops:

tommyspeedo

Post by tommyspeedo » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:54 pm

wax + shave in-between. works best for me. i have had unsuccessful results with magic shave (and the smell... ). smooth is definitely the way to go.

ism_au

Post by ism_au » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:10 am

I use a epilator on my legs - okay it hurts a bit when i first use it and same as waxing you have to keep applying a tea-tree oil based moisturiser on it to keep it getting infected, but other than that, it works well and I usually don't have to re-do anything for about 4 weeks.

On my privates - I tends to trim but use Veet In Shower Remover - it's a 3 min thick cream which you apply on first and wash it off 3 min later. As it's pretty thick it will stay on the skin while you shower (as long as you don't wash the area in the 3min). I find it ok.. it certainly works better if you leave it DRY for 3 min first before heading into the showers - gets more off. :)

I heard that people used to shave their balls.. is that still common practice? yikes! I certainly don't want to nick myself... lol*

sdspeedo

Post by sdspeedo » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:44 pm

Thanks guys for all your responses! :D
After I read Scotty's response about Magic Shave, I tracked some down on ebay. I bought the Extra Strength version in the can.
Mixed up the first application almost two weeks ago. Smell wasn't nearly as bad as some products. No stubble on my legs for at least 5 days! 8) Didn't get the Magic Shave too close to the privates. :lol: Great product--left my muscular, freckled legs nice and smooth for a 25 mile cycling event. 8) I'm a convert to Magic Shave and have ordered more from http://www.nationwidecampus.com/ where it was a better deal than ebay. Good bye razors!!

Now as for a pic--that will have to wait a bit. I've dropped 30lbs, and have 20 more to go. With all the running, cycling and swimming I'm doing I know it's a matter of time before I achieve my goal. Started buying some n2n, speedos and arenas in smaller sizes as the incentive to get to the goal size. When I get there you'll get pics.

Peace,
sdspeedo

speeder45

Post by speeder45 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:28 pm

idk really...i have used a regular razor...but i usually get razor burn even with shaving cream...and i have also tried magic shave... it works but sometimes left me with a rash...so idk what my final preference is yet...
>>>J-Tay<<<

newspeedo

Post by newspeedo » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:48 pm

I know I haven't been around for a while... school is whipping my butt. Anyhow I just wanted to say that I finally got around to ordering some Magic Shave, as per Scotty's suggestion. When it arrives I'll try it out, though I have VERY sensitive skin so I have a feeling that it'll leave burns. I'll do a small test-patch first to make sure. Hope it works out!

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:05 pm

Oh for sure newspeedo - always try a patch test first ...

newspeedo

Post by newspeedo » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:48 pm

Okay. So I finally got my order of Magic Shave in the mail. I got the "sensitive skin" version. Here's my review and some quick pictures I snapped.

One... a basic application did NOT cause any rash.

Two... you might consider using a beard trimmer first to shorten any long hairs. Don't shorten them much, but make sure to get them to about an inch or so long. My hairs were longer.

Three... if the hairs aren't short enough you may have to use multiple applications. I ended up having to do each area twice for 15 minutes a piece

Four.... SLATHER it on! Waste a whole tube or more. No biggie. Use a lot!!!

Five... After 2-3 applications within a 24 hour period a slight rash will develop for a short time but will quickly fade

Six... Sometimes the product just doesn't seem to want to get rid of some hairs. Perhaps they're too short or perhaps you didn't add enough cream. For example, my chest really didn't get done very well and I can't really explain it. I had to use a trimmer to get it to be where I wanted it.

Take-home: I think Magic shave is a great product!!!! Having smooth legs, in particular is an amazing feeling, which I never want to give up! But I think the product works best once you're "maintaining". In other words, use it once every two weeks or so and I think the results will be great because all the hairs will be of a good length and it won't be hard to work the product down to the skin. However, be warned that some touch up will be necessary.

Photos: I actually haven't done my arms yet, but I will get to them this weekend. But actually having them hairy is a good thing so you can see the difference. I'm wearing the red Priape, which folks like, as well as a burgundy suit from muscleskins.com.

Oh, and be nice.
Attachments
DSC00010.JPG
DSC00010.JPG (82.09 KiB) Viewed 6464 times
DSC00009.JPG
DSC00009.JPG (79.94 KiB) Viewed 6464 times
DSC00007.JPG
DSC00007.JPG (80.05 KiB) Viewed 6464 times

beachie1

Post by beachie1 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:49 am

seriously smooth. Anyone able to help me get it off

scott1636

Post by scott1636 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:56 am

I am seriously stunned. Is it possible for anyone to look better in a speedo. Perfect fit........perfect speedo body.
Speedo and new speedo-made for each other.

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:06 am

Wonderul NewSpeedo ... smooth looks good on you !!! And i also like that Muscleskins suit on you ... just need to see what happens when it gets wet (or falls off for that matter - tee-hee) :mrgreen:

alansw10

Post by alansw10 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:12 am

Hey NewSpeedo

You look fantastic in that red suit and so smooth. Very sexy.
Alan

newspeedo

Post by newspeedo » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:04 am

Thanks for the warm wishes, folks. It really is a great product. I'm curious to test whether the next treatments, will indeed be more easy than the first. I really hope so because this took a while. As I said, working with shorter hairs will most likely make it far easier so I can't wait to try it again. But as a general note I'm glad I can report that anyone can be pretty smooth for not all that much $$$. This is much less expensive than professional waxing and also easier on the body than shaving, which can really give me ingrown hairs. If only this were a more accepted trend for men.

Scotty- as you can see, the muscleskins is really not fit for beach/pool wear as it is unlined and has a slight sheerness to it. I don't think it would be appropriate to show when wet. Though considering you're not the most appropriate boy around.... hehe

Scott1636- I'm not sure I deserve such high praise, but I will take it anyway :) Lots of guys on this board have more to flaunt than me but it's kinda fun ad gives me a bit of confidence. Actually my boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Florida over Christmas so I hope to be entirely smooth for that adventure!

scott1636

Post by scott1636 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:42 pm

Scotty- as you can see, the muscleskins is really not fit for beach/pool wear as it is unlined and has a slight sheerness to it. I don't think it would be appropriate to show when wet.

Of course you could always show us what it looks like wet and let us be the judges.