G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Hair Removal--what's your preference?

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Scotty

Re: Hair Removal--what's your preference?

Post by Scotty » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:04 pm

scott1636 wrote:Scotty- as you can see, the muscleskins is really not fit for beach/pool wear as it is unlined and has a slight sheerness to it. I don't think it would be appropriate to show when wet.
Of course you could always show us what it looks like wet and let us be the judges.
ummmm .. I concur ... :mrgreen: lol

ism_au

Post by ism_au » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:12 pm

Wow newspeedo, your body is absolutely perfect! you certainly have the body that I'm striving for! haha..

So need to go swimming a lot more and do gym to get that v shape down the abs. :)

scorpiokc

Post by scorpiokc » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:27 pm

Scotty wrote:
The Boy Wonder wrote:I must try this Magic Shave, how does it work, Scotty?
BW - It's a dipilatory, like Nair ... but it has special emolients etc. that help to reduce/eliminate ingrown hairs
I think I'd like to try this as well ... not that I personally wear speedos (do like gawking at those who do, tho!) but like being shaven down there, maybe this will help with the ingrown hair thing.

newspeedo

Post by newspeedo » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:33 pm

I just wanted to give you all an update re: Magic Shave. As I have said, there is little/no rash, which appears after the treatment is done. BUT unfortunately the negative side did eventually come. It took a while for some of the hairs on my chest to eventually grow back but when they did there were many of the ingrown variety. :(

It's a bit unfortunate, frankly. I'm not sure how much I'll be using the Magic Shave in the future because of the ingrown hairs.

It looks and feels great for the first week or so but then things get not so hot. Ahhh well. That's the report!

ism_au

Post by ism_au » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:18 pm

newspeedo wrote:I just wanted to give you all an update re: Magic Shave. As I have said, there is little/no rash, which appears after the treatment is done. BUT unfortunately the negative side did eventually come. It took a while for some of the hairs on my chest to eventually grow back but when they did there were many of the ingrown variety. :(

It's a bit unfortunate, frankly. I'm not sure how much I'll be using the Magic Shave in the future because of the ingrown hairs.

It looks and feels great for the first week or so but then things get not so hot. Ahhh well. That's the report!
You just need to remember to scrub, scrub and scrub when you use any hair removal products or otherwise ingrown hair will just happen! there's quite a lot of ingrown hair products that you can always try. :)

DustyG

Post by DustyG » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:47 am

Shaving for private area.
Veet for men for the rest.
Though wanting to get a Brazilian, will probably need one at the
rate my swimwear preference is shrinking.
-Dusty

UPDATE - 29/12/09: Am booked in for a Brazilian tomorrow!
Will post how it goes.

DustyG

Post by DustyG » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:45 am

Got my Brazilian.
OUCH! Man that is painful!
But totally worth it.
Am looking forward to not having to worry about regrowth for
another 3 weeks.

ism_au

Post by ism_au » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:30 am

DustyG wrote:Got my Brazilian.
But totally worth it.
another 3 weeks.
did you get the butt sac and crack one? so its all smooth now? ;) hehe
I wonder whether I can withstand that sort of pain on me.. might hyperventilate. :p

gezzerdon

Post by gezzerdon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:36 am

DustyG wrote:Got my Brazilian.
But totally worth it.
another 3 weeks.

Must agree,also it feels so smooth down there.i had my crack waxed as well, my 1.5 loose fit Aussie bums arrived to day from Australia. they feel so good. theres me walking around my house with 2 inches of snow outside :lol:

DustyG

Post by DustyG » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:57 pm

ism_au wrote:did you get the butt sac and crack one? so its all smooth now? ;) hehe
I wonder whether I can withstand that sort of pain on me.. might hyperventilate. :p
I got everything done excluding the crack.
I did think that was part of the package, but the aesthetician was a young girl (about 19-20),
she was nervous and my yelps of pain weren't making things easy, so I didn't
press the issue 8) .
gezzerdon wrote: Must agree,also it feels so smooth down there.i had my crack waxed as well, my 1.5 loose fit Aussie bums arrived to day from Australia. they feel so good. theres me walking around my house with 2 inches of snow outside :lol:
I know the feeling.
It's winter time, you get sick of wearing so many layers,
and all you wanna do is strip off! :mrgreen:

newspeedo

Post by newspeedo » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:07 pm

More updates from my "Magic Shave" experiences as well as the dreariness of winter here in the Northeast USA.

Anyhow my boyfriend came up to visit me so I thought I'd give him a little surprise (it had been almost 2 months or so since my last treatment) so I used all of my experience and went to work.

This time I used the normal "Magic Shave" and not the "mild" version.

This time was MUCH BETTER! I found that with the normal kind I don't need to reapply (maybe a couple small spots but nothing major).

Additionally, after I was all through I spent the next couple days using "Tend Skin" on areas, which had previously popped up with ingrown hairs. Additionally, I used a loofah while showering to really scrub the ingrown hair areas as well.

As a result, my skin has responded well to the Magic Shave and I look forward to continued uses. I finally found the strategy, which works best!

Final note- it's a real joy to be smooth during these cold months. It's a reminder that eventually I'll be able to go to the beach!

dacondor
United States of America

Post by dacondor » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:07 am

Hey I know this post was from several years ago, but does anyone have any tips for getting rid of stubble after using hair removal products? I really don't want to shave after I use the product as that is why I am using hair removal cream.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:57 pm

Many years ago I had laser on my chest and abs. I use an epilator to remove the few hairs which still grow back and now also to remove hair which has begun to grow on my upper back and shoulders. I use an epilator on my butt and genitals but just trim pubic hair, arm hair and leg hair.

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:29 pm

BJE wrote:Many years ago I had laser on my chest and abs. I use an epilator to remove the few hairs which still grow back and now also to remove hair which has begun to grow on my upper back and shoulders. I use an epilator on my butt and genitals but just trim pubic hair, arm hair and leg hair.
What's an epilator?

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:59 pm

A device that pulls the hair out like high speed tweezers. This is the one I would recommend.

https://www.amazon.com/Emjoi-AP-18MS-Em ... mjoi+4+men

I used the above for years and it wore out so I bought this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Braun-Silk-épil- ... n+epilator

Which in many ways I like better, but I can't use it on my genitals because it grabs and traes the skin on my shaft and sack which leaves me using a tweezer instead. The Emjoi could be used on those areas if handled very carefully.

electric2010
United States of America

Post by electric2010 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:30 am

Ok, they look like torture devices. What does it feel like when you use it? What do you use on your skin after you use it?

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:23 am

electric2010 wrote:Ok, they look like torture devices. What does it feel like when you use it? What do you use on your skin after you use it?
It hurts so bad it will test your manhood the first time you use it but after that when used regularly you only pull out a few hairs at a time so it's not bad at all.

I don't use anything on my skin afterword but I wash the area before and after use to avoid infections.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:44 am

Mitch wrote:Wow Bje you do have a beautiful smooth body. Do you Shaw pubes
I don't shave me pubes. However I sometimes remove the hair. Because of the angle of hair growth I tend to get ingrown pubic hairs if inepilate or shave. Therefore I just trim the hair there except that I remove the hair down to a level below where my speedo hits so that pubic hair doesn't show above my suit. I leave a trail from my belly button down though. I remove all the hair from my shaft and sack by pulling it out, not shaving.

While I like how I look with totally bare pubes, and I like how it feels, it does give a rather boy like look which is conspicuous in the locker room.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:40 pm

BJE wrote:Many years ago I had laser on my chest and abs. I use an epilator to remove the few hairs which still grow back and now also to remove hair which has begun to grow on my upper back and shoulders. I use an epilator on my butt and genitals but just trim pubic hair, arm hair and leg hair.
How much did the laser removal cost?
Long time Speedo® lover

Speedomate
New Zealand

Post by Speedomate » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:00 pm

Interesting seeing all these different responses to the OP.

I've personally had my a lot of my hair lasered, including my pubes, stomach chest, butt etc.