G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Pale Skin Speedo

General speedo discussion - questions/ideas.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

swimbottomusa

Pale Skin Speedo

Post by swimbottomusa » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:06 am

Hey Guys!

I was just wondering. I am going to buy a new suit for my lap workouts and wanted to know which colour you think is best suited to a guy with rather pale skin?

Cheers!

speedoboi

Re: Pale Skin Speedo

Post by speedoboi » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:48 am

swimbottomusa wrote:Hey Guys!

I was just wondering. I am going to buy a new suit for my lap workouts and wanted to know which colour you think is best suited to a guy with rather pale skin?

Cheers!
I'm not pale white, but I've been told to select dark to semi-dark colors. Examples, black, blue, dark blue.

maddtown

Post by maddtown » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:33 am

speedoboi's recommendations are spot on. You can't lose with navy blue. I would add burgundy/maroon to the list.

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:11 am

Have to agree with the color choices mentioned so far - and yeah burgundy/maroon can look uber-hot on the right guy :mrgreen:

speedoboi

Post by speedoboi » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:52 pm

maddtown wrote:speedoboi's recommendations are spot on. You can't lose with navy blue. I would add burgundy/maroon to the list.
Wow, I'm glad to hear my recomendations are spot on. In Toronto, Canada I have had a hard time finding a speedo in burgundy/maroon. I might have to look for a new one because my size 32 TYR brief seems to be a poor quality one. I hope to get it replaced.

maddtown

Post by maddtown » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:51 pm

Speedo makes some maroon trunks that you can find on some online stores.

http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/984.htm

speedoboi

Post by speedoboi » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:30 pm

Thanks maddtown. But when I buy swimbriefs, i like to try them on. I was able to do that with my blue speedos by putting them under a shirt and asking to use the fitting room.
I was surprised though that when i bought my TYR swimbriefs, the guy said I could try them on. But buying them online isn't a bad idea. But I consider it a waste especially if i only wish to buy that. Who knows, maybe I'll find them in a swimwear shop.

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:13 am

swimbottomusa wrote:Hey Guys!

Cheers!
Yeah the darker colors people said work pretty well. Also maybe dark green which on the right guy can look cool.

SwimOutlet has their Clubswim brand which are a good buy. They run small so you probly want to go up a size. The colors they have change from week to week. They sell a polyester that should be more durable. I had a maroon lycra Eurocut which looked great. Made even my scrawny butt look okay. I gave it away to someone when it was almost new so I dont know how long they last.

http://www.swimoutlet.com/Swim_Briefs_s/201.htm

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Post by Norfcountryboy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:07 am

I'm bumping a way old thread because I'm wanting some Speedo colour advice myself. Usually I wear whatever swimmers I damn well want but I'll be on holiday in a few weeks, so it's not gonna be a case of swimming at the pool first thing on a morning where everybody's skin tone looks nearly the same under the artificial light- blazing Mediterranean sun beckons. I've always been a pale guy. I used to burn but now I'm more careful and my colour barely changes at all. Waddya think?
Attachments
Pale guy speedo test.jpg
Pale guy speedo test.jpg (157.79 KiB) Viewed 8162 times
Real men wear Speedo's

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:39 am

I would say not the white, I am not too keen on the pale green but it still works. The rest are all good, but I would suggest the mid blue or purple to stand out from the black/navy crowd!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Post by Norfcountryboy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:11 pm

Scottiebum wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:39 am
I would say not the white, I am not too keen on the pale green but it still works. The rest are all good, but I would suggest the mid blue or purple to stand out from the black/navy crowd!
Thanks Scottie. The camera didn't render the purple very well. It's much more err purple I guess in real life but when I tried photoshop to adjust the colour balance it also made me look tanned. So I didn't want that confusing the issue!
Real men wear Speedo's

blueflinch
Australia

Post by blueflinch » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:45 pm

Hm. That's a tough one. Bold primary colours I suppose. Can't go wrong with red or blue. Whether other colours work e.g. yellow, purple, would depend on your hair colour and eyes. :P

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:54 pm

I think they all look good on you, can't go wrong

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Post by Norfcountryboy » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:20 pm

Thanks for the replies lads. I am also leaning towards blue with black as my second choice. I think it has to be pale blue though, I reckon it makes me look healthiest.
To widen the issue though, how about day-glo? I guess I'm an eighties/ nineties guy at heart as I really love fluro swim briefs and have a few pairs. Do these work or do they suit a darker skinned guy better?
Attachments
Pale guy speedo test fluro.jpg
Pale guy speedo test fluro.jpg (163.25 KiB) Viewed 7864 times
Real men wear Speedo's

SEASPEEDO
United States of America

Post by SEASPEEDO » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:56 pm

I think they all look good.... although the white and the two prints on the right side of the pics aren't my favs....

NJFrenchy
France

Post by NJFrenchy » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:58 pm

As a fellow pale ghost I think they all look good. Except the yellow, and maybe the white. It looks like your skin tone is like mine. I know in my case Neón yellows, orange aren’t good. White can also be tricky, it depends. I have an orange speedo solar that I never wear. It makes all the skin around it look orange as well. I also have the same lime green suit, which I actually think looks alright on me.
Buttoned up college professor by day, happy freak at heart! There will be nudity. I’m French and American. Sometimes the flag is one country’s, sometimes the other’s.. Oh!

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:55 am

Where whatever you want. I like the brighter colors on you, too.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:55 pm

Norfcountryboy wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:20 pm
Thanks for the replies lads. I am also leaning towards blue with black as my second choice. I think it has to be pale blue though, I reckon it makes me look healthiest.
To widen the issue though, how about day-glo? I guess I'm an eighties/ nineties guy at heart as I really love fluro swim briefs and have a few pairs. Do these work or do they suit a darker skinned guy better?
In this group, I think the prints work better than the solid. Nothing wrong with the fluoro, though. Lighting can make a difference.
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:02 pm

Norfcountryboy wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:07 am
I'm bumping a way old thread because I'm wanting some Speedo colour advice myself. Usually I wear whatever swimmers I damn well want but I'll be on holiday in a few weeks, so it's not gonna be a case of swimming at the pool first thing on a morning where everybody's skin tone looks nearly the same under the artificial light- blazing Mediterranean sun beckons. I've always been a pale guy. I used to burn but now I'm more careful and my colour barely changes at all. Waddya think?
Liking the purple and medium blue. Despite living in Florida, I'm pale as a ghost (dermatologist's orders). I have a purple suit that I really like. I have a complex Turbo print, a fake Argentina team suit that really works well, including a little sunburst on the left butt cheek.
Long time Speedo® lover

Norfcountryboy
Great Britain

Post by Norfcountryboy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:54 am

Thom wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:02 pm
Norfcountryboy wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:07 am
Liking the purple and medium blue. Despite living in Florida, I'm pale as a ghost (dermatologist's orders). I have a purple suit that I really like. I have a complex Turbo print, a fake Argentina team suit that really works well, including a little sunburst on the left butt cheek.
So I'm guessing pale blue for the argentina suit, yeah? For me I think it's gonna be the paler blue one and black. I'll probably keep the day-glo ones for indoors where I can get flushed and sweaty in the sauna after I swim, so I won't look as pale.
Real men wear Speedo's