G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Aussiebum Swish

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

newspeedo

Aussiebum Swish

Post by newspeedo » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:00 am

Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting into swimming for fitness. I know lots of guys on this board are competitive swimmers so I'm hoping to access some of your expertise. Anyway I'm looking for a good swimsuit for fitness training (I'm not training for competition- just exercise). I tend to not like "Speedo" brand suits because they are too big for my small frame. I was thinking that this new Aussiebum suit called "Swish" might be okay. it's a replacement for their League Brief I think. it's conservative enough for fitness but should be snug enough for me. What other suggestions do you all have?

PS: I live in the Northeast of the USA (Connecticut) and will be swimming at a YMCA (aka my favorite Japanese-style swimsuits would probably not be a good idea haha)

http://www.aussiebum.com/swimwear/1980/regatta
Attachments
IS_0213SW_Swish_abshr_Navy_Front_LR_130517150231.jpg
IS_0213SW_Swish_abshr_Navy_Front_LR_130517150231.jpg (52.07 KiB) Viewed 10600 times

diveguy
United States of America

Re: Aussiebum Swish

Post by diveguy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:32 am

newspeedo wrote: PS: I live in the Northeast of the USA (Connecticut) and will be swimming at a YMCA (aka my favorite Japanese-style swimsuits would probably not be a good idea haha)
Oh gee, darn... that's bummer! Go for the Aqux! Just kidding...

Seriously, I think you're on the right track if you choose a suit that fits right, i.e. snug fitting but only as tight as you are comfortable with. Have you also considered Arena? They make plenty of suits with 2" sides that fit snugly and look sleek. Look at pics of Asian guys in swim briefs, they're not always super skimpy sides, but they always look great. Even the more "conservative" Asian suits ride low on the hips which makes them awesome looking even if the sides are not super slim. And you don't want the backs to ride up super high, just high enough to barely cover your cheeks, and then a tight drawstring will hold it all in place reliably. Of course, you see all of these qualities in pics of Aussie dudes too, so I guess it's not exclusive to the Asians, so just make sure the suit is cut nicely and fits well. Let us know how it goes!
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

Nate
Wales

Post by Nate » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:16 am

I can't talk about the Aussiebum Swish because I haven't seen nor worn them, but I can vouch for Arena's, give them a look.

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:30 am

newspeedo, I fully agree with diveguy and Nate, my arena's are turning out to be some of my favorite fitting suits. They stay in place, don't bunch up, and just have a great over-all fit. Tyr's are good for regular swimming but they seem to fade quicker and look their elasticity sooner then my regular Speedo brand suits.

Good luck and have fun!
Let's keep it brief.

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:02 pm

You must not have tried the right Speedo sized suit. I think they are one of the best for fit. I recommend a Shoreline. They hug the bum, and don't reveal much in front. If you like more poly, try a Turbo. They fit snug and are stylish as well. Half the fun is trying out different styles and brands! Good luck and let us know how you do!
Str8 Speedo fan

paspeedo
United States of America

Post by paspeedo » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:14 pm

Go for a pair of Turbos--I got a pair last week and those would be a perfect fit for you. be sure to order up a size as the DO run alittle small for their size.

newspeedo

Post by newspeedo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:05 am

Hey all, thanks for your input. Regarding Arena suits, where do you guys tend to find them? Just eBay?

airsteward81

Post by airsteward81 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:13 am

I went to Selfridges on Oxford Street and they stock a few aussiebums, tried on swish.

Like with most aussiebum models they are very low cut, and as I have a big but they don't sit right.
It looks like Im wearing my younger brother's speedo.
The front is so low cut that, even with my well trimmed pubes, you can see them.

I've tried Medium and Large.

£45, so not buying one.

newspeedo

Post by newspeedo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:24 am

Thanks, airsteward. I think that the general consensus from the experts is to go with a "competition" brand like Arena/Speedo/Tyr/Turbo... so now I just gotta go find some!

PS: I don't think any of us would mind seeing you in something so low cut :)

airsteward81

Post by airsteward81 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:27 am

newspeedo wrote:Thanks, airsteward. I think that the general consensus from the experts is to go with a "competition" brand like Arena/Speedo/Tyr/Turbo... so now I just gotta go find some!

PS: I don't think any of us would mind seeing you in something so low cut :)
LOL - maybe when I get a six pack!!!!!

I prefer, personally, Arena. I buy them in Asia - Honk Kong, China, Singapure ... The material over there is great and they have a 'seam' at the back that divide the bum checks nicely, some other brands make them totally flat!!

newspeedo

Post by newspeedo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:40 am

People are so concerned with their bodies (including me). As long as you're thin I think you should be able to wear whatever you want, but.. society isn't like that.

Anyway, if you're buying Asian suits, Airsteward what size do you get? According to their size guidelines on rakuten (a japanese site) I should be a Medium (29-inch waist) but I know Asian stuff runs small so I'm thinking maybe a Large?

airsteward81

Post by airsteward81 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:21 am

Absolutely!

My areanas are size 36 or 38 for a more comfortable fit

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:46 am

airsteward81 wrote:Absolutely!

My areanas are size 36 or 38 for a more comfortable fit

Wow! I didn't know they made them that large if that is in inches you are quoting. Even the narrow 3 cm sided low rise ones? If so, that would make me very very happy, I so want to treat myself to some skimpy japanese style suits if I can get into decent shape.

My true measurement is 34" at the hips, i've seen 'O' or 'XO' that on the charts at least translate to that size but also have heard that it's better to order one or two sizes bigger because they sew them much smaller than the label says, so I'd be worried that even an XO wouldn't be large enough.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

spear
United States of America

Post by spear » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:50 pm

Go to swimoutlet.com. there's a lot of brief suits, try their own brand Sporti. Lots of small sizes and they also run smaller then the speedo brand. I like the euro cut suit. Looks good and feels good where it counts. I cut out the front liner for a more comfortable fit.

briefboy64

Post by briefboy64 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:11 pm

I wear my Arena Jpn swimsuits to the Y for my swim training. I'm only 5'5" though so they look acceptable on me. The fit is great.

Otherwise, I would recommend going with one of the common American brands such as TYR, Speedo, or Nike. I'm not sure why, but Speedo has their size chart showing a size down (26 for 28" waist) and that's what I got in their Breast Cancer Awareness brief. Compared to my other 26 solid blue Speedo, they took almost a cm off the side. It fits pretty tight in the waist though. I probably could have done 28 in retrospect since I have a big bum and bigger quads than usual. It's a pretty tight fit but it works. I have yet to actually wear it in the pool though. I've been on hiatus waiting for a strained back muscle to heal up.

Good luck with your training!

Red^^Speedo
United States of America

Post by Red^^Speedo » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:39 am

spear wrote:Go to swimoutlet.com. there's a lot of brief suits, try their own brand Sporti. Lots of small sizes and they also run smaller then the speedo brand. I like the euro cut suit. Looks good and feels good where it counts. I cut out the front liner for a more comfortable fit.
I concur. Check out the value priced Sporti European cut suits.

SpeedoBE
Belgium

Post by SpeedoBE » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:23 am

Bougth the Swish Imperial and love the fit. It't nice and low, but not too low. For public swimming I would use the Onyx (black) though.
swimmersexuality.com_post_01.jpg
swimmersexuality.com_post_01.jpg (62.07 KiB) Viewed 8979 times
Last edited by SpeedoBE on Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

electric2010
United States of America

Post by electric2010 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:36 am

You look great in them! How did you get the strings to stand up like that?

SpeedoBE
Belgium

Post by SpeedoBE » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:37 am

electric2010 wrote:You look great in them! How did you get the strings to stand up like that?
They were probably getting horny just like me! LOL

Serious: I didn't even realize they were standing up. I think I washed the Swish and hung it by the drawstring only.

Thx mate.

speedoluv
Singapore

Post by speedoluv » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:39 pm

You look very good in your Aussiebum Swish, and it is a great colour!

Have you tried swimming in it yet? It looks low-cut so I wonder if it is safe for swimming, hehe.