G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Suit suggestions for summer?

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Suit suggestions for summer?

Post by Texas_swimmer » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:33 pm

Hey guys im looking for some suggestions for new swimsuits for this comming summer. I was wondering what yall could suggest?
Btw here are some preferences

Traditional colors are preferred like red, blue, black, green, maroon, orange, maybe white.
Nothing that doesn't accentuate the crotch area too much
1.5in sides are ok
Something acceptable at a waterpark or beach

That's all I can think of at the moment. Well I look forward to some ideas!
Life is too short to worry what other people think.

paspeedo
United States of America

Re: Suit suggestions for summer?

Post by paspeedo » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Hey Tex--

Aussiebum is having a huge Christmas sale right now--Plus alot of their newer styles have gone down in price from last year. check it out:

http://www.aussiebum.com/swimwear

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Post by Texas_swimmer » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:20 am

Thanks for the link!

I browsed through their store and I like the classic brief. Only think I noticed is that the suits colors seem to be much flashier compared to traditional colors. What I mean is that the suits appear like the colors are shinier. Could it be the nylon? Also what are nylon suits like?

jameshardmann

Post by jameshardmann » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:48 am

it is the nylon which makes the suits look shiny. in real theyre pretty close to the usual colors you would have eg. the speedo colors.
nylon is comfortable to wear, very light, and the aussiebum classic 1.5 is what i would go for in ur situation. just dont get the white/ice blue because they go sheer when wet. . .
thestuffoffantasy.tumblr.com

PeterSF

Post by PeterSF » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:08 pm

AussieBum Classic 1.5 - unbeatable!

GRSwimmer

Post by GRSwimmer » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:17 am

the nylon is super light. You can barely feel the fabric, but it's very durable and it doesn't stretch as much as lycra. Great suits!

Can't wait to get my new ones in the mail today :)

speedoluv
Singapore

Post by speedoluv » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:53 pm

Yes, I love the Aussiebum classic nylon swimtrunks too! They feel very lightweight and do not hold much water when wet, so it feels like you are not wearing much LOL

paspeedo
United States of America

Post by paspeedo » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:50 pm

I have about 5 pairs of nylon from AB..For $25, just get yourself a pair or two.

You wont be disappointed!

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Post by Texas_swimmer » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:43 pm

Thanks all, Im thinking the 1.5in is a little to thing for my liking. I was looking at the same suit but I think its the 2.5in cut.

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:33 am

I concur with all the comments on the AB's, but will add, that if you are concerned with projecting out front, the wonderjock suits are more pronounced, somewhat revealing, when wet. How about an AB Squad which is a shorter square cut?

If you go with the 2.5" sides, I doubt you will be disappointing, I have never been.
Let's keep it brief.

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Post by Texas_swimmer » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:59 am

Snowbrief wrote:I concur with all the comments on the AB's, but will add, that if you are concerned with projecting out front, the wonderjock suits are more pronounced, somewhat revealing, when wet. How about an AB Squad which is a shorter square cut?

If you go with the 2.5" sides, I doubt you will be disappointing, I have never been.

Thanks Snow I appreciate the kind words. I will have to figure out when to order these because I am living in between two places at the moment. Wouldnt want the package to be delivered to the wrong address.

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Post by Texas_swimmer » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:02 am

I was wondering if anyone has owned the 1.5in cut that Aussiebum sells? They dont have very good pictures in my opinion, id like to see how it looks with a better picture.

jameshardmann

Post by jameshardmann » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:07 am

ive got the 1.5 inchers, in red.
the stats:

Pros- super comfy, nice fit, nice and light, the cut is pretty good as well, sits well on the hips
cons - (mainly cos of my body shape) - doesnt look very good on me because im quite slim. you need at least probably a 30/32 inch waist to pull them off.

if ur looking to get some, get black, or dark blue, ALL other colours will go slightly see thru -to- extremley see thru.

(not sure how good the pics are in terms of quality #shittycamera)
Attachments
P9170015 copy.JPG
P9170015 copy.JPG (259.35 KiB) Viewed 7677 times
P9170014 copy.JPG
P9170014 copy.JPG (145.3 KiB) Viewed 7677 times
P9170004 copy.JPG
P9170004 copy.JPG (251.1 KiB) Viewed 7677 times

electric2010
United States of America

Post by electric2010 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:19 am

Despite the camera, you look great!

tanned bum

Post by tanned bum » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:34 am

sounds like you are after a suit that shows off your physique but not necessarily one that exposes all your private goods. Cock rings and push up suits are great if you are either very small or out to "hook up". I think that a water polo suit would be perfect for you. They are about 2.5-3" on the sides and most come with fantastic patterns that can conceal some details you may not want to display, plus the patterns are really great. (Turbo, etc) They are double layer and sturdier than most nylon or polyester suits. I see that Aussiebum has just added some patterned suits that are really great. I just ordered the Hawaiian print one in black, plus the picture one with the zebras on the bum.
What is most important, wear what you are comfortable in. Besides the comfort of wearing physically, the comfort of wearing emotionally. If you feel self conscious and don't want to pull your shorts off, you have picked the wrong suit.

Texas_swimmer
United States of America

Post by Texas_swimmer » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:59 pm

tanned bum wrote:sounds like you are after a suit that shows off your physique but not necessarily one that exposes all your private goods. Cock rings and push up suits are great if you are either very small or out to "hook up". I think that a water polo suit would be perfect for you. They are about 2.5-3" on the sides and most come with fantastic patterns that can conceal some details you may not want to display, plus the patterns are really great. (Turbo, etc) They are double layer and sturdier than most nylon or polyester suits. I see that Aussiebum has just added some patterned suits that are really great. I just ordered the Hawaiian print one in black, plus the picture one with the zebras on the bum.
What is most important, wear what you are comfortable in. Besides the comfort of wearing physically, the comfort of wearing emotionally. If you feel self conscious and don't want to pull your shorts off, you have picked the wrong suit.

You nailed it on the head exactly. I want something that is sexy but wont have the police after me at the beach. I dont even know what is permissible down here at our beaches, after seeing the thong thread I wonder if they are allowed or would it be a bad idea lol.

Thanks for the pictures james, you look good in them. I have the same build as you too.

jameshardmann

Post by jameshardmann » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:37 pm

thnks mate!
i think you cant go wrong with the normal speedo brand speedos, try the speedo endurance. i bought a couple, in boys size 12. they fit really well, abit tight, but they hold everything in and are quite comfy. if possible, try them on before you buy so you can get the size that you feel most cmfortble in.

also, the 1.5 classic ABs and 2.5 classic ABs are made from the same light material. the darker colors are probably ok since the sheer factor is limited i guess, prbably only black and dark dark blue.

GRSwimmer

Post by GRSwimmer » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:41 pm

I wore my 1.5 " AB's to Miami and found them to be quite comfy! I liked how they rested on my hips and the fabric was super light.

On another note, I'm really getting attached to the Rio sunga. I have a few Ca-Rio-Ca suits that I got off ebay for cheap, and they're amazing. They some how seem to pull off more coverage while still maintaining sexiness. I may be in the market for a pair of T.Fabiano's this Summer(they have a store in Miami and the suits are cheaper). Or another pair of CRC's. The ones I own have letters emblazoned on the butt, which I'm not a fan of, but, hey, they were cheap :)