G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Aussie help

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

lucas34

Aussie help

Post by lucas34 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:33 am

Hi,

I am a new member of this very cool SpeedoForum. I would be more than happy if someone could help me.
I was looking some Aussiebum swimwear (my 1. ones), so far I was looking WJ Squad Pilot and WJ Loose Lennox/Portsea. Which one would be the best one and why? About WJ, do you put all your package inside or just your dick?
About size, I saw that XL with Andrew Christian is the same than L with Aussiebum? With WJ Squad and WJ Loose how true the size are, if you have some extra kilos, should you go for their L or XL (with Andrew Christian XL for underwear is ok).
How good Aussie´s nylon is for swimwear?

Thanks for your help!

ricardo871
Australia

Re: Aussie help

Post by ricardo871 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:44 am

It's hard to give you a reply that isn't overly technical or coloured by my opinion sorry dude :/

_su_
United States of America

Post by _su_ » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:42 am

With the WJ, technically, the whole package goes inside. I emailed them to confirm. I run in them though, and found it more comfortable for just the dick to be in the pouch. Otherwise, one part may migrate outside the pouch while running, and that's not good. I found the pouch to be a tight fit, and difficult to squeeze all the parts into, even though I am average sized down there, but they are not uncomfortable for just lounging in.

I prefer the squad. The loose feels like its going to slide down at any second. Also, the loose is quite transparent when wet. However, the lack of elastic around the waist on the loose is nice. So, it depends on what am going to be doing in the suit.

But, I wear an XS in both Andrew Christian and Aussiebum, so your mileage may vary, with regards to sizing and comfort. I posted pics of the aussiebums in another thread : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=137973&p=219407&sid ... b0#p219407
Speedo tanlines - making you even easier to find in the dark...

rockman748

Post by rockman748 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:38 pm

I would say that with the christmas sale going on right now just get a few aussiebum, and find what fits best. You can get some of them for $15 which is really a steal for any speedo.
Just a straight guy who likes speedos and aussiebums

Snowbrief
United States of America

Post by Snowbrief » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:53 am

_su_ wrote:With the WJ, technically, the whole package goes inside. I emailed them to confirm.
That's interesting su, I never considered putting everything in the pouch. My biggest dislike of the wonder jock is the top of the pouch cuttting at cock base, but I don't think the pouch is really big enough for me, and no, I'm not stating I'm overly hung.

Lucas, I find the size run fairly true to size, maybe a tad bit small, but comfortable. I'm not a big loose fan, I like to pull in place and let the suit be without always having to tie the waistband up.
Let's keep it brief.

lucas34

Post by lucas34 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:00 am

Hi all,

Thanks for your help. I just saw that they (Aussiebum) have some sales.
Can someone help to find out should I go for loose 1.5 or classic 2.5, as they are now with less than 11 euros?
About underwear I have WJ pro size L (a little tight at pouch) should go up to XL with loose or that will be too "loose"?

lucas34

Post by lucas34 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:50 am

One question more - is that true that when loose is wet you can see throuh with all colors?
Any ideas about logo - back or front - which will be better?

ricardo871
Australia

Post by ricardo871 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:51 am

Hey man
Not all the colours go see thru when wet: look at the 'garment care' tab in the item detail on the site and it has a transparency rating lol
Back logo always better : )

Caussie

Post by Caussie » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:38 am

Hi Lucas34,

A further suggestion, in line with the theme of "Aussie Help". Are you aware of Caussie? http://www.caussie.com.au

If you are wanting only a "wonder jock" style of swimwear, we can't help, essentially, we leave it up to you to create the wonder jock impression. However, if you just want what we think is a well cut stylish design in 100% nylon, from Australia, you might be interested in Caussie. There are four colours, Red, Maroon, Navy, and Black, none of which are unacceptably see through (like, you've got to be staring awfully hard, to imagine the result as a "see through" moment). And two side widths are available. Noting what you have said about sizes, I think our XL would not be too loose, and in the Classic 2" side, it could be you.

Good luck in your (re)search.

All the best,

Caussie http://www.caussie.com.au

budgybloke
Australia

Post by budgybloke » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:30 am

Although I've been a big fan of Aussiebum for ages, but I bought a couple of Caussie suits a while ago and I've got to say, they're some of the most comfortable suits I've ever owned. They seem to be cut with a more anatomically correct pouch so your package isn't squeezed. They're shaped particularly well around the butt and the colour has lasted a lot longer than Aussiebums without fading (even the red pair). I've probably swum more than 200km in my red Caussie suit over the last few months and it's still going strong.

My only suggestion would be for Caussie to introduce some more modern colours and spliced designs - as black and navy are a little boring (they should look at what Budgy Smuggler or Funky Trunks are doing).

But in general, Caussie definitely gets my vote. They make great swimwear.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:13 am

budgybloke wrote:My only suggestion would be for Caussie to introduce some more modern colours and spliced designs - as black and navy are a little boring (they should look at what Budgy Smuggler or Funky Trunks are doing).
Maybe even consider offering a 1" sided cut also.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

lucas34

Post by lucas34 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:52 am

Hi all,

I was looking these Aussiebum;

http://www.aussiebum.com/swimwear/823/evergreen

http://www.aussiebum.com/swimwear/2623/maroubra

http://www.aussiebum.com/swimwear/824/horizon

and my favorite (but sold out) http://www.aussiebum.com/swimwear/2188/mirage

guys what you think about these 3 colours, which one will be the best choice (evergreen/maroubra/horizon)?

As underwear I have Aussiebum WJ Pro (size L) but the wonderjock pouch a bit tight, with WJ loose 1.5 swimwear should I go one size up or XL will be "too loose"???

About underwear I have WJ pro size L (a little tight at pouch) should go up to XL with loose or that will be too "loose"?

budgybloke
Australia

Post by budgybloke » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:10 pm

I have the horizon, evergreen and maroubra. They're all great. Just be aware, the evergreen goes a little transparent/green in the back when wet whereas the others stay opaque. The red ones look really good wet - the colours are really strong.

They're making these swimwear designs a little larger in the waist than before, so I'd recommend against going up a size (particularly with the loose) otherwise they might be too big.

lucas34

Post by lucas34 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:07 pm

Hi and thanks for your help.

So you recommend me with size L?

About AB logo for maroubra which will be the best place - front or back and with black or white?

Thanks!!!

budgybloke
Australia

Post by budgybloke » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:24 pm

Hmm. Not too sure. Theoretically the sizes should be the same for each suit type. The only difference between the Wj and WJ Loose should be that the loose ones don't have elastic in the waist so they can be tied a little looser than normal. If you find you need more room in the front maybe go for the L in loose and let the cord out a bit?

The logo looks great in front or behind. Depends where you want to draw people's gaze!

Make sure you post pics when you receive them!

Caussie

Post by Caussie » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:29 am

Thankyou Budgybloke, for your appreciation of Caussie, the red particularly is a special, but then, I like solid colours to do the talking, and I can see that you like red. I reckon, and I think you agree with me, that if red ain't talking to you, you've got water in your ears!

Thankyou for your thoughts, Diveguy, our nominal 2" side is pretty faithful in parts to the theme of the original (100%) nylon speedo, but in its own style, happy to meet the market if there is a demand out there for a narrower side, but have a look at our 2" , you might find it gets there, because its all about style, and the sidewidth is just a part of the overall creation. Caussie is not going to suit all , but hopefully it will suit some, and very well. I admit to error fairly easily (I could be wrong in this), so, over to you to convince me that there is a real demand out there for a 1" side.... (There are no wrong answers in this discussion)

And, thankyou Lucas 34 for raising the topic...

Cheers to All.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:56 am

Caussie wrote:Thankyou for your thoughts, Diveguy,... I admit to error fairly easily (I could be wrong in this), so, over to you to convince me that there is a real demand out there for a 1" side.... (There are no wrong answers in this discussion)

Thanks for your response, Caussie. Lots of guys on this forum are fans of 1" sided suits. Some even like suits that are even skimpier than that, but I think the general consensus is that 1" is the skimpiest "reasonable" all-purpose cut that anyone would wear a speedo for (swimming, diving, tanning, frolicking). Which is why the older style Speedo Solars (when 1" actually meant 1") are so popular, as well as the little Japanese/Asian style cut Speedos, Arenas, Asics, etc. Of course, you guys know your market better than I, but maybe you could offer a great 100% nylon Caussie in a true, low-rise 1" sided cut for just a limited time only to test the market. Then decide if it's worthwhile making it a permanent option?
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

speedouk

Post by speedouk » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:27 am

Another fan of Caussie here.

The material used seems to be a little lighter (that's good) than some of the AB material which can be pretty inconistent between batches. Although lighter it still lasts and lasts with minimal fading in the darker colours. The cut seems to allow a little more room without the whole suit being baggy.

The Reds are terrific but after 12-18 months of pool swimming the rear was becoming a little too transparent when climbing out the pool - or maybe I'm just too modest/sensitive. Anyway I got a joke award from the local triathlon club for the transparency which is what stopped me wearing them.

I've never seen anyone else in the UK swimming in either Caussies or ABs. Maybe I'm in the wrong pools? :P