G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Sluggers

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

GRSwimmer

Sluggers

Post by GRSwimmer » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:40 pm

Anyone heard of them before?

I'm thinking of buying an "appropriate beach suit soon, and these look comfy as hell.

http://sluggers.com.au/

I like the range of the models! More "normal"

diveguy
United States of America

Re: Sluggers

Post by diveguy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:41 am

Is this a new manufacturer? If so, I'm really glad that more companies are getting into the speedo business. A good sign!

By the way, they're great looking suits.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

GRSwimmer

Post by GRSwimmer » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:21 am

They're new to me! Seriously thinking about getting a pair...hmmmm....

GRSwimmer

Post by GRSwimmer » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:02 am

Caved and ordered the Charcoal (second pic). I'll post pics and a review after it arrives!

merken

Post by merken » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:52 pm

I bought a pair back in November. I found them to be too baggy, almost to the point of looking diaperish. I wear an XS in Aussiebum, but Sluggers only went as small as S. Also, the sides are too wide for my liking (a full 3"). Slim guys look better in something like 1.5-2".

I e-mailed their customer service afterwards and shared my opinions. The gentleman who responded runs the company and he was very courteous. He told me that they are planning on offering XS as an option sometime near the end of the Aussie summer, which should be right about now.

GRSwimmer

Post by GRSwimmer » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:54 am

I had a similar experience. Ordered a Medium and they were too saggy for me. They were comfy, but didn't fit me well.

I agree that they don't fit slim frames well.

Adam was really courteous. Even though I sent mine back, he emailed me and told me to give them to a mate, and he refunded my money immediately. Wonderful customer service!

VAspeedo
United States of America

Post by VAspeedo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:20 pm

just found this thread, did anyone else who tried them have the same experience with the fit?

merken

Post by merken » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:10 pm

I just got notification yesterday that they now have size XS available. I am thinking about trying them out again.

Here's my general problem with fit, regardless of brand: My junk gets squished and ends up pushing the front out, becoming visible through the leg openings. Speedo Solars don't give me this problem. When I bought Sluggers the first time, the front fit great. The back, however, was just too saggy. Maybe with the XS, I won't have this problem.

The only other drawback about Sluggers is the 5cm sides. I'd prefer a 3cm.

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:27 am

merken wrote:The only other drawback about Sluggers is the 5cm sides. I'd prefer a 3cm.
Yeah, even 2.5 cm, that equals one true inch. These suit manufacturers would make a lot of money if they offered the very skinny sides as an option. I bet they'd be surprised at the demand for that type of cut.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

ExBex
United States of America

Post by ExBex » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:53 am

Merken... I have the same problems with fit! Either the leg openings don't stay "sealed" up front or the back is too loose. It doesn't help that most companies don't offer XS. I've had the best fit with carioca XS, aussiebum XS (lycra suits, NOT the nylon ones), arena, and the classic lycra speedo (not endurance).

Post if you try the XS sluggers!
On a lifelong quest for the perfect fitting swim suit

speedodaveuk
Great Britain

Post by speedodaveuk » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:51 am

I saw on the Sluggers website that their 2015 cut has a tighter back panel than the 2014 version. When did people get theirs? I like a roomier front pouch as I don't like everything being squished unless I'm actually training so might try a pair of these in the 2015 model. Won't be an XS tho - I wish I was that thin!
Proud speedo fan!

merken

Post by merken » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:02 pm

I bought a "2015 cut" in XS a few weeks ago; I'm still waiting for it to come in. I'll let you all know how it works out!

speedodaveuk
Great Britain

Post by speedodaveuk » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:55 am

Where's the blue one in your profile pic from btw?
Proud speedo fan!

pooablo
Canada

Post by pooablo » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:30 pm

How does the Sluggers Racerback cut fit compared to a Turbo Suit?

I am thinking about getting the Hokusurf Racerback suit in XS. I like the Japanese wood block tsumani theme. :)

http://sluggers.com.au/copy-of-racerback-hokkaloogy-1/

Red^^Speedo
United States of America

Post by Red^^Speedo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:55 pm

I like the color and pattern and the NAME cracks me up:

http://sluggers.com.au/copy-of-classics-hokkaloogy/

Hokka_Classics_Sandy__96099.1441329311.500.659.jpg
Hokka_Classics_Sandy__96099.1441329311.500.659.jpg (36.15 KiB) Viewed 10297 times

:lol: :lol: :lol:

merken

Post by merken » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:46 pm

I've ordered 3 suits from them over the past 18 months, with mixed results.

The first one was a S in their "old" style. This was before they started offering XS and the racerback. I found the fit to be much too generous, almost to the point of looking diaperish. Not flattering at all. The fabric, however, was top notch. I e-mailed their customer service, and was told they'd be offering size XS in the near future.

The second one was an XS in their blue circles design. This was also before the racerbacks were offered. This suit is perfect. It fits really well, the sides are suitably narrow, and the fabric is still on point.

The third one I ordered was the Hokusurf in XS racerback. I'm not sure if the suit I got was mistagged or what, but the fit is too baggy and when I put it next to my blue circles one, the waist appeared to be at least an inch bigger. Either they made a mistake sewing the size tag in, or they've got some serious consistency issues. It's made me reluctant to buy another suit from them, even though I like the fabric and their designs are nice.

pooablo
Canada

Post by pooablo » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:37 am

@merken -- Thanks for the review. I appreciate it!

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:58 pm

anyone else has any new feedback with this brand? im looking at getting a pair soon :)

Sluggers
Australia

Post by Sluggers » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:18 pm

Hey fellas,

I only just discovered this site when we were googling for another article about us.

It's amazing reading back over the past couple of years since we started Sluggers. The original pattern was cut for me - and was a great fit - but we realised we needed a more commercial cut in 2015 and since then we haven't looked back!

There were a few teething problems while we got up and running, but now we're firing on all cylinders.

It's especially awesome to read the positive comments about our customer service. It gave us the good feels.

:)