G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Chinese Brands

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

VAspeedo
United States of America

Chinese Brands

Post by VAspeedo » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:09 am

I'm thinking about placing an Aliexpress order and seeing what shows up.

Has anyone had any luck with any chinese brands? I know its really hit or miss when you are spending $2-$5 on something lol.

I may just get like $30 worth of stuff and see what happens. Speedo roulette!

Aircat
Australia

Re: Chinese Brands

Post by Aircat » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:07 pm

I have probably half the styles on there, should do a roundup review one day.

The thing to watch is the sizing, China has its own version of sizes 2 or 3 sizes smaller. Eg if western M you are China XL or even XXL.
China/Asia has half the world's population, they do things their own way.

Many sizes top out at about 32inch waist.

The front pouch area is often inadequate.

The reviews with photos can give a pretty good idea of what they will be like. Don't put too much faith in the stores pictures because it's common for knockoffs to steal pictures and their own product is very different (though I consider some of those brands to be manipulating their own pictures and rebadging cheap China brands themselves), that's a warning sign they are probably crappy in other ways too.
The better products are building their own brand reputation with decent quality.

It's good fun checking the Chinese developments, but a gamble.

speedobillyuk
Great Britain

Re: Chinese Brands

Post by speedobillyuk » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:43 am

Like you say, it's a bit of a gamble. I've had quite a few off Aliexpress - most have been fine, some even very good, but others very dissappointing. As already siad, the sizing is a real problem, and the size charts are only a rough guide. I take a 34 or 36in speedo, and find that I usually have to go for XXL size on Aliexpress. One brand -Austinbem - sizing is similar to European. The sellers often use photoshopped pictures from Aussiebum site - beware - the material in not the same, nor is the fit, and even the patterns often aren't as shown in the pictures. Try a variety of brands, styles and see how you go - some will be a waste of money (not much really...) but others you'll fall in love with.
Speedos - the only way to swim...