G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

How much would you pay?

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Romicus
France

Re: How much would you pay?

Post by Romicus » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:37 am

I bought a swimsuit (an Arena) 40€ once. It wasn't the good size... Since that time I avoid to spend too much in swimsuit, so I wait sales and I look at second hand site like Vinted. I found a new Mickael Phelps for 5.39€ with shipping for example. But I won't put more than 20€ anymore.

otter
United States of America

Post by otter » Fri May 13, 2022 4:30 pm

Can't resist an impulse to check out the sale rack for swim briefs. I found this one, Turbo brand out of Spain, a brand I've never seen before around here. At half price! Anyway, I love this pattern. They call it Sardine Italia. I have no idea why the Italia is in there. It's designed as a water polo brief, and maybe it means the big fish eats the little fish. Sardines eat anchovies. I've never played water polo, but the material is slick on the outside and is lined front and back, and the sides seem narrower than those of Speedo brand polo briefs..
Attachments
TurboSardine.jpg
TurboSardine.jpg (354.42 KiB) Viewed 2884 times
feel water like an otter would

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Wed May 18, 2022 3:07 am

👍🏻👍🏻
Last edited by Speedoaddict on Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

Ceolona
United States of America

Post by Ceolona » Sun May 22, 2022 11:16 am

SpeedoDan wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:47 am
This has probably been asked in the past, but I'm curious, what's the most you would pay for a pair of swim briefs?

Also how did you come to this decision? any feedback would be really interesting...
I’d say 40USD. Generally the brands readily available are about that price point. Euro/Aussie brands and stores are cheaper, but end up about the same after shipping costs.

Jeff Morgan
United States of America

Post by Jeff Morgan » Mon May 23, 2022 9:37 pm

otter wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:22 pm
Just found this Arena brief at Outdoor Outlet (San Francisco CA area) on a sale rack for US$12, marked down from $24. It's my first Arena suit. I usually would't go for something with a big name on it, but I liked the style, and you hardly ever see Arenas on the racks around here. I didn't even know that Arena was a thing until I started up on this forum.

I've been a pretty loyal Speedo (capital S) customer and usually get them when they have sales, from $20 to $35. I did buy one on ebay once that I wanted for its discontinued pattern, bid it up to $38, when it had been originally $44 from Speedo.
Like it, where did u get these speedo

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Tue May 24, 2022 8:36 am

There was a suit on eBay this weekend that was $55 (U.S.), which I thought was too much to pay, and it ended up going to another buyer. Now I'm kicking myself for not buying it.

It's a super rare throwback suit with the same pattern as a Speedo solar suit that I had in the early 90's (back when they really had 1-inch sides!), which itself was a throwback to the USA suits that Mark Spitz wore in the Olympics in the 70's.

I mean, $60 (with shipping) is a lot to pay for a speedo, but this suit just hits me in the feels...
prld.xlg.jpeg
prld.xlg.jpeg (55.88 KiB) Viewed 2674 times

Red^^Speedo
United States of America

Post by Red^^Speedo » Wed May 25, 2022 3:54 am

QSwimwear makes excellent quality suits

https://qswimwear.com/

spitz.jpg
spitz.jpg (12.77 KiB) Viewed 2653 times

ExBex
United States of America

Post by ExBex » Wed May 25, 2022 8:41 am

52dno98 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:36 am
There was a suit on eBay this weekend that was $55 (U.S.), which I thought was too much to pay, and it ended up going to another buyer. Now I'm kicking myself for not buying it.

It's a super rare throwback suit with the same pattern as a Speedo solar suit that I had in the early 90's (back when they really had 1-inch sides!), which itself was a throwback to the USA suits that Mark Spitz wore in the Olympics in the 70's.

I mean, $60 (with shipping) is a lot to pay for a speedo, but this suit just hits me in the feels...

prld.xlg.jpeg
I have that suit! When it first came out, I saw it on sale for like $25. To get free shipping, I bought a couple extra in various sizes and resold them on ebay for like $40. Ended up getting my suit essentially for free with the profits. :P

This is my scale:
$10 is a bargain
$20 is fair
$30 better be something special
$40+ you're crazy... it's just a tiny bit of fabric, lol

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Wed May 25, 2022 9:40 am

Red^^Speedo wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 3:54 am
QSwimwear makes excellent quality suits

https://qswimwear.com/
You know, I bought a Q suit. Didn’t really like the cut/fabric. It just didn’t fit me well.

But that’s a personal thing… they DO make quality stuff. It’s just not for me.

n2er

Post by n2er » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:29 am

I am order new n2n almost US$50 + tax ... I think this is my maximum :lol:

rmf

Post by rmf » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:10 am

A couple years ago, I paid $75 for a Parke and Ronan suit which I purchased in coordination with some friends who bought one too (long story). I thought I wouldn't go that expensive again.... However, a few weeks ago I bought a father/son matching MC2 St. Barth suit that was close to $65 ish. My son's was $45 ish (Euro exchange). While expensive again, I figured I am on borrowed time to how much longer my son will still want to wear matching suits.

Both are great suits but I am careful not to wear them in a high chlorinated pool because how it will impact the Lycra which sometimes limits how many times I actually wear them.
straight, married w/ kids.