G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Marcuse Australia Day Sale

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Thom
United States of America

Marcuse Australia Day Sale

Post by Thom » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:39 pm

Marcuse is having a sale, January 26-28.

https://www.marcuse.com/
Long time Speedo® lover

Mazda3mps
Australia

Re: Marcuse Australia Day Sale

Post by Mazda3mps » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:20 pm

My favourite brand! They make very good quality briefs. But go a size up!

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:06 am

Mazda3mps wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:20 pm
Yes. That's what I've found. I bought one--I forget the name--that was both good looking and really well made with durable fabric. It was just a basic brief with a splice pattern. Even had a vented butt seam like a suit from Japan.
Long time Speedo® lover

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:03 am

Thom wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:06 am
Mazda3mps wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:20 pm
Yes. That's what I've found. I bought one--I forget the name--that was both good looking and really well made with durable fabric. It was just a basic brief with a splice pattern. Even had a vented butt seam like a suit from Japan.
The aqua? Ive got the aqua in yellow and white. My favourite has to be the arrest me!

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:03 am

Mazda3mps wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:03 am

The aqua? Ive got the aqua in yellow and white. My favourite has to be the arrest me!
Aquaholic? Awesome suit. I bought the black/red/grey. (It's being discontinued. :cry: ) And yes, I was thinking about the Arrest Me. :lol: You're lucky you live in on Australia. You get them faster.
Long time Speedo® lover

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:03 pm

Thom wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:03 am
Mazda3mps wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:03 am

Aquaholic? Awesome suit. I bought the black/red/grey. (It's being discontinued. :cry: ) And yes, I was thinking about the Arrest Me. :lol: You're lucky you live in on Australia. You get them faster.

Yes aquaholic. I find them not very roomy up front so I hardly wear them, and the white panel upfront is kinda sheer up close.

Definitely try the arrest me! Best fit ever haha.

It takes over 2 weeks to get them here in AUS. How long does it take to get to yours?

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:01 am

Mazda3mps wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:03 pm

Yes aquaholic. I find them not very roomy up front so I hardly wear them, and the white panel upfront is kinda sheer up close.

It takes over 2 weeks to get them here in AUS. How long does it take to get to yours?
It takes a long time to get to the U.S. The last shipment was two months, I think. I'd almost given up. I sent an email to see if they thought it was too long. I'd sent it regular postage. I think it was on a tramp steamer.

I was going to go for the Arrest Me, but then I figured I'd better buy something that had at least a prayer of being worn at the beach, so I bought the Efficio, which has a similar cut to the Aquaholic. With the mesh butt seam it's like a suit from Japan. It's also being discontinued, so it's 50% off. I hope it's the same quality of lycra. I normally buy a small, but for Marcuse, I buy a medium, as you indicated, to make sure the boys have enough room. :lol:
efficio 2.png
efficio 2.png (73.38 KiB) Viewed 3918 times
From Aussiebum, I bought one of their nylon suits. I ordered a light grey with a black splice, also a medium. I suddenly remembered that some of their stuff goes see-thru. :roll: So we'll see on that.
competition__crew_warnambool_1636692014.jpg
competition__crew_warnambool_1636692014.jpg (8.42 KiB) Viewed 3918 times
Long time Speedo® lover

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:21 pm

Thom wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:01 am
Mazda3mps wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:03 pm

It takes a long time to get to the U.S. The last shipment was two months, I think. I'd almost given up. I sent an email to see if they thought it was too long. I'd sent it regular postage. I think it was on a tramp steamer.

I was going to go for the Arrest Me, but then I figured I'd better buy something that had at least a prayer of being worn at the beach, so I bought the Efficio, which has a similar cut to the Aquaholic. With the mesh butt seam it's like a suit from Japan. It's also being discontinued, so it's 50% off. I hope it's the same quality of lycra. I normally buy a small, but for Marcuse, I buy a medium, as you indicated, to make sure the boys have enough room. :lol:

efficio 2.png

From Aussiebum, I bought one of their nylon suits. I ordered a light grey with a black splice, also a medium. I suddenly remembered that some of their stuff goes see-thru. :roll: So we'll see on that.

competition__crew_warnambool_1636692014.jpg
Thats the same pair of aussiebum i wanted, but i remember the last grey pair was more silver in real life.

Arrest me is actually pretty good for pool and beach wear unless you have a very big butt then maybe it sits too low.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:57 am

Mazda3mps wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:21 pm

Thats the same pair of aussiebum i wanted, but i remember the last grey pair was more silver in real life.

Arrest me is actually pretty good for pool and beach wear unless you have a very big butt then maybe it sits too low.
Hmmmm. I have a smallish butt. I should have gone for it. The Marcuse order went out today. We'll see how long it takes. I saw that grey/black splice in an AB video. You're right. It looks lighter color like silver. For sure, not a medium grey.
Long time Speedo® lover

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:48 am

Thom wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:57 am
Mazda3mps wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:21 pm

Hmmmm. I have a smallish butt. I should have gone for it. The Marcuse order went out today. We'll see how long it takes. I saw that grey/black splice in an AB video. You're right. It looks lighter color like silver. For sure, not a medium grey.
Either way it will look great. I took too long choosing a colour for the Arrest Mes, its not on sale anymore haha. I will wait for the next sale.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:19 pm

Mazda3mps wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:48 am

Either way it will look great. I took too long choosing a colour for the Arrest Mes, its not on sale anymore haha. I will wait for the next sale.
Yes, the sale ended on 1/28. :cry: I ordered mine on 1/27 because I'm 16 hours behind Sydney here in Florida. You're often tomorrow for me; and for you, I'm often yesterday. They have site sales from time to time, and there's always a Sale tab for stuff that that's being discontinued.
Long time Speedo® lover

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:20 pm

Thom wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:19 pm
Mazda3mps wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:48 am

Yes, the sale ended on 1/28. :cry: I ordered mine on 1/27 because I'm 16 hours behind Sydney here in Florida. You're often tomorrow for me; and for you, I'm often yesterday. They have site sales from time to time, and there's always a Sale tab for stuff that that's being discontinued.
The sale was actually atill available yesterday. 30th. But it was gone this morning.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:30 am

Mazda3mps wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:20 pm

The sale was actually still available yesterday. 30th. But it was gone this morning.
I was kind of hoping they'd let it run for a long weekend. They still have some discontinued styles on sale, but they can't be returned.
Long time Speedo® lover

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:57 am

Thom wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:30 am
Mazda3mps wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:20 pm

The sale was actually still available yesterday. 30th. But it was gone this morning.
I was kind of hoping they'd let it run for a long weekend. They still have some discontinued styles on sale, but they can't be returned.
Those ones are always on sale and I dont really like them. I just stick to the arrest mes :P

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:33 pm

Mazda3mps wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:57 am

Those ones are always on sale and I dont really like them. I just stick to the arrest mes :P
8) Their best suit!

Both the Aussiebum and Marcuse orders arrived, at the same time, in today's mail. Amazingly fast.

The Marcuse suit fits well and is easily sturdy enough for lap swimming.
Long time Speedo® lover

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:37 pm

Thom wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:33 pm
Mazda3mps wrote:

8) Their best suit!

Both the Aussiebum and Marcuse orders arrived, at the same time, in today's mail. Amazingly fast.

The Marcuse suit fits well and is easily sturdy enough for lap swimming.
Marcuse is way better than aussiebum. Glad u got them so quickly!

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:34 pm

Mazda3mps wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:37 pm

Marcuse is way better than aussiebum. Glad u got them so quickly!
Thanks! Yes, I think the mail service is out of its COVID slump. And you're right, Marcuse are well made and fit well.
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:33 am

Mazda3mps wrote:
Marcuse is currently having a 'stock-taking' sale: 30% to 70% savings.
Long time Speedo® lover

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:15 pm

Thom wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:33 am
Mazda3mps wrote:
It’s literally the same sale every time 😅

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:42 am

Mazda3mps wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:15 pm
Thom wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:33 am
Mazda3mps wrote:
It’s literally the same sale every time 😅
:lol: I'm beginning to wonder if the next one will be a 'going out of business' sale. :cry:
Long time Speedo® lover