G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Aussiebum Sale

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Thom
United States of America

Aussiebum Sale

Post by Thom » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:54 am

Aussiebum is having a sale

Aussiebum.com

I ordered the Competition Crew in light grey with a black splice.

With standard postage it came to about U.S.$26 with shipping.
Long time Speedo® lover

nwlmswimmerguy
United States of America

Re: Aussiebum Sale

Post by nwlmswimmerguy » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:55 am

Anyone pick up a pair of their new Stryper swim briefs? Like the old school retro vibe

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:15 am

nwlmswimmerguy wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:55 am
Anyone pick up a pair of their new Stryper swim briefs? Like the old school retro vibe
I bought this Competition Crew, which is an old school splice in nylon.
competition__crew_warnambool_1636692014.jpg
competition__crew_warnambool_1636692014.jpg (8.42 KiB) Viewed 4747 times
Long time Speedo® lover

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:19 pm

Thom wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:15 am
nwlmswimmerguy wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:55 am
I bought this Competition Crew, which is an old school splice in nylon.

competition__crew_warnambool_1636692014.jpg
Thats the pair im eyeing on as well, and maybe the competition one in either blue or black.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:06 am

Mazda3mps wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:19 pm

Thats the pair im eyeing on as well, and maybe the competition one in either blue or black.

They're cool in both colors. I have an older one, from maybe five years ago. I went back to check the tag for the size, but they hadn't put a tag in it. I'm pretty sure it was a small and are currently none too big on me. So I went with the medium.
Long time Speedo® lover

nwlmswimmerguy
United States of America

Post by nwlmswimmerguy » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:11 am

The Stryper is definitely on my radar. The 1.5 inch sides of the competition crew makes me nervous haha. Looking forward to hearing from anyone who has both and can compare the fits

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:49 am

Thom wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:06 am
Mazda3mps wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:19 pm

They're cool in both colors. I have an older one, from maybe five years ago. I went back to check the tag for the size, but they hadn't put a tag in it. I'm pretty sure it was a small and are currently none too big on me. So I went with the medium.
Ive the older ones too, used to be called classic loose 2.5 or something. fitted so well. I noticed the website says go up a size?

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:50 am

nwlmswimmerguy wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:11 am
The Stryper is definitely on my radar. The 1.5 inch sides of the competition crew makes me nervous haha. Looking forward to hearing from anyone who has both and can compare the fits
The stryper looks nice. They used to have another vintage stripe pair and it sat too high, hopefully these ones are better

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:14 pm

Mazda3mps wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:49 am

Ive the older ones too, used to be called classic loose 2.5 or something. fitted so well. I noticed the website says go up a size?
Yes, that was the name. I didn't fully read the text, so I missed the recommendation to go up a size. I'm glad I did.

AB nylon is just so amazing...the fit...the feel. The ones I have just kind of hang on my butt. And the boys feel free to move around.
Long time Speedo® lover

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:19 pm

Thom wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:14 pm
Mazda3mps wrote:

Yes, that was the name. I didn't fully read the text, so I missed the recommendation to go up a size. I'm glad I did.

AB nylon is just so amazing...the fit...the feel. The ones I have just kind of hang on my butt. And the boys feel free to move around.
Agree. Nylon is perfect for trips too. Light weight and quick drying.

Let me know if you also recommend going up a size after trying.

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:55 pm

Mazda3mps wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:19 pm
Thom wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:14 pm
Mazda3mps wrote:

Agree. Nylon is perfect for trips too. Light weight and quick drying.
Let me know if you also recommend going up a size after trying.
Well - I went crazy & bought these three "Competition Crews" 1.5" WJ's & loose. For this style AB doesn't have the "upsize" note, and if they're like the one I bought last year, being the loose style no reason to upsize. I bought Smalls. Love these AB's, although I've only worn my "old" 2.5" loose WJ's for lap swims!

I also bought the Marcuse Arrest Me in yellow a year ago, a small, and it's fine for the beach; 2" sides. It looks smaller in their website photos.

I also had that AB high-waisted previous (blue)striped version. I'll give it away if someone wants one.
Attachments
AB_competition__crew_torquay.png
Torquay
AB_competition__crew_torquay.png (41.66 KiB) Viewed 4670 times
AB_competition__crew_shell_haven.png
Shell Haven
AB_competition__crew_shell_haven.png (41.95 KiB) Viewed 4670 times
AB_competition__crew_brighton.png
Brighton
AB_competition__crew_brighton.png (41.76 KiB) Viewed 4670 times

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:41 am

phltanner wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:55 pm

I also had that AB high-waisted previous (blue)striped version. I'll give it away if someone wants one.
Liking them all, especially the Brighton. I still have a high-waisted Clearwater somewhere. It never fit quite right. I think I bought it seven years ago.

I thought Aussibum might have a warehouse here in the U.S. because mine was sent USPS. But...NO! I just got a text that said it had been shipped from NSW. A place called Mascot that looks like it's a section of Sydney that has the airport. They must have some kind of arrangement with the U.S. Post Office. That's good, because if I have to sign for it, and I'm not at home, it's just a short drive to the post office building in the town centre. I'm like a kid at Christmas when stuff arrives in the mail.
Long time Speedo® lover

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:57 am

Thom wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:41 am
phltanner wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:55 pm

Liking them all, especially the Brighton. I still have a high-waisted Clearwater somewhere. It never fit quite right. I think I bought it seven years ago.

I thought Aussibum might have a warehouse here in the U.S. because mine was sent USPS. But...NO! I just got a text that said it had been shipped from NSW. A place called Mascot that looks like it's a section of Sydney that has the airport. They must have some kind of arrangement with the U.S. Post Office. That's good, because if I have to sign for it, and I'm not at home, it's just a short drive to the post office building in the town centre. I'm like a kid at Christmas when stuff arrives in the mail.

Oh yes Mascot is right by the airport, residential and a lot of factories too. I live quite close to there actually.

Looks like I will be grabbing a pair or two then :) so hard to decide on colours.

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:46 pm

My 1st AB order of the Competition Crew's arrived (From Carson, California): Shell Haven &Torquay. Had to lock my office door, strip down & try them on. They are sized like the Coober Pedee (gold/white) I bought in Nov, '21: bigger than my much older similar style smalls (quite bigger leg openings), so you want to downsize if you like them snug. I would try go to the XS. And these are the first AB's I've received with the elastic drawstring that ...:::sam:::... mentioned (still no elastic waistband).

With all this, now I may have to rub one out!!
Last edited by phltanner on Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:33 pm

Just bought a pair of Competition Crew Torquay, postage was almost as much as the speedos themselves! Hope I don't get caught by customs charges!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:28 pm

phltanner wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:46 pm
My 1st AB order of the Competition Crew's arrived (From Carson, California): Shell Haven &Torquay. Had to lock my office door, strip down & try them on. They are sized like the Coober Pedee (gold/white) I bought in Nov, '21: bigger than my much older similar style smalls (quite bigger leg openings), so you want to downsize if you like them snug. I would try go to the XS. And these are the first AB's I've received with the elastic drawstring that ...:::sam:::... mentioned (still no elastic waistband).

With all this, now I may have to rub one out!!
LOL!

Hmmm, I did wonder if AB had a warehouse here in the U.S. But the text indicated Australia.

Gee. I hope the mediums I ordered aren't too big. What size are you in Speedo brand? What's your pants/jeans size? My recent pair of J Crew khakis were 32. Hollister jeans were 31, but they were stretch skinnies (that I like...).
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:35 pm

Scottiebum wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:33 pm
Just bought a pair of Competition Crew Torquay, postage was almost as much as the speedos themselves! Hope I don't get caught by customs charges!
Haven't had any customs problems here in the U.S. They fall below any tariff threshold. Postage for me was U.S.$8.00 or something. Let us know how they fit.
Long time Speedo® lover

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:43 pm

Mazda3mps wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:57 am

Oh yes Mascot is right by the airport, residential and a lot of factories too. I live quite close to there actually.

Looks like I will be grabbing a pair or two then :) so hard to decide on colours.
Yes, the colour selection is really good. I hope the grey in the grey with black splice isn't too light. Saw one worn by a model in a video, and they were lighter than in the menu pics. But color balance can vary a lot.

I wonder if they have a brick-and-mortar factory outlet store?

The update says that the suit has left Mascot and is in transit.
Long time Speedo® lover

phltanner
Bermuda

Post by phltanner » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:12 am

Thom wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:28 pm
LOL!

Hmmm, I did wonder if AB had a warehouse here in the U.S. But the text indicated Australia.

Gee. I hope the mediums I ordered aren't too big. What size are you in Speedo brand? What's your pants/jeans size? My recent pair of J Crew khakis were 32. Hollister jeans were 31, but they were stretch skinnies (that I like...).
I'm betting they'll be too big. Sizewise, I don't have any Speedos, but I wear a 32 Tyr racer, & 31 or 32 khakis. Traditionally in classic AB's I fit best in S Loose's and M in elastic waistband styles.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:42 pm

phltanner wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:12 am
Thom wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:28 pm
LOL!

I'm betting they'll be too big. Sizewise, I don't have any Speedos, but I wear a 32 Tyr racer, & 31 or 32 khakis. Traditionally in classic AB's I fit best in S Loose's and M in elastic waistband styles.
The Marcuse and AB orders arrived today at the same time. Took only a week. We're finally past the COVID mail slowdown.

The AB is the Competition Crew with the elastic waist model. It fits on the looser side, but nylon works best that way. It has the WonderJock. I can wear it with or without. I like it better with. The suit fits just a bit tighter using the WJ, but it's still loose overall. I can't stuff all my stuff inside the WJ--either it's too small, or I'm too big--so it just holds partially from underneath, and that looks, feels, and works fine. The grey color is just right. The elastic waist cord is very long.
Last edited by Thom on Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long time Speedo® lover