G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Marcuse Swimwear

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

newspeedo

Marcuse Swimwear

Post by newspeedo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:10 pm

Hey all, on the hunt again and I found this brand I hadn't seen before. It's called Marcuse and it's from Australia.

I'm attaching some pics and wanted to know what you all think. I don't want to make the mistake I did with the Aqux and get something, which is really not suitable even for a gay beach.

The first one is probably too risque but the second?
ArrestMeRedFront_01.jpg
ArrestMeRedFront_01.jpg (50.04 KiB) Viewed 8623 times
ArrestMeRedFront_02.jpg
ArrestMeRedFront_02.jpg (43.19 KiB) Viewed 8623 times
ArrestMeRedFront_LRG.jpg
ArrestMeRedFront_LRG.jpg (57.12 KiB) Viewed 8623 times

newspeedo

Re: Marcuse Swimwear

Post by newspeedo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:11 pm

Sunrise Red Front_01.jpg
Sunrise Red Front_01.jpg (33.07 KiB) Viewed 8622 times
Sunrise Red Front_02.jpg
Sunrise Red Front_02.jpg (34.18 KiB) Viewed 8622 times
Sunrise Red Front_LRG.jpg
Sunrise Red Front_LRG.jpg (41.75 KiB) Viewed 8622 times

maddtown

Post by maddtown » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:44 pm

Yeah, that first one is a bit low cut (that maybe why they call it "Arrest Me"). I like the second one though.

I also like this one. I like the combination of yellow and gray.

I like that they offer free shipping anywhere in the world for orders over $50 and then all but one suit are priced $49.95 :roll:

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:05 pm

I think the second one is a pretty sweet suit. I like it

newspeedo

Post by newspeedo » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:22 pm

Hi all! I actually bought both suits in size XS but they were actually a bit too small, if you can believe that. The waists were slightly small but the butts were definitely too small so I exchanged them for size S and will let you know how they fit when they get here in like a week!

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:31 pm

newspeedo wrote:Hi all! I actually bought both suits in size XS but they were actually a bit too small, if you can believe that. The waists were slightly small but the butts were definitely too small so I exchanged them for size S and will let you know how they fit when they get here in like a week!
The model's butt cheeks look like they are being flattened a little in that rear pic.

How did they fit you in front? Looks like theyre cut as low as the Aquxes.

Is the tab in the back a loop to hang them up??

-j-j

newspeedo

Post by newspeedo » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:15 pm

Hrm... what detailed questions, Justin!

In front they were as low as the Aqux I guess. I didn't take any photos unfortunately. However, the other Japanese suits I have also fit pretty low so I wouldn't say that was a big issue (for me at least).

The suit with the white stripes is definitely SLIGHTLY bigger, though in terms of not being cut as low and the rear is a bit fuller but with XS they were both too small, really.

Nonetheless I kinda agree that the back isn't cut as perfectly as I'd like. I just hope the S works out a little better for me.

As far as the loop? I mean I don't think it has a "purpose" per se. But yeah I guess you can hang it to dry.

One last thing is that the material is A+. It's not like anything else I have. It's kinda thin and slippery but also stretchy. I personally like it a lot. It's also a little shiny... not intentionally shiny, but it gives off a little bit of light.

Anyway I can't wait to get the new ones in the mail- they're really cool suits!

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:02 pm

newspeedo wrote:Hrm... what detailed questions, Justin!

Maybe I better get a life! LOL!!

And thanks for the reply! I really like the way you describe the fabric. I have a JM suit and a really rare (they dont make them anymore) Meba suit from Spain that has fabric like that. The JM suit is a 30 and I should have got a 28. It's really thin and stretchy and has that surface quality. Almost looks slightly see through when dry but not when wet. The Meba is not quite as stretchy but thinner. Very different from the Speedo Endurance fabrics. I know they last long but they arent as comfortable.

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:40 pm

the fabric sounds great - I almost had to get a suit just for the material. Hope the small fits

FitOver50

Post by FitOver50 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:43 am

I ordered small (Arrest Me) they were a bit snug but decided to stick with it. Warning: when doing laps be sure to have a good knot on the ties. If you don't, the back will slide down.....

newspeedo

Post by newspeedo » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:11 am

I haven't really been on the board lately but I actually did get my order in size small and they seem to fit alright. I haven't really had the gumption to post pictures yet but my boyfriend thinks that the Arrest Me is cut too brief and the Sunrise is a little too "in your face" with the white lines so I haven't had a chance to wear them in public. I'm not sure I'd feel totally comfortable, you know?

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:40 am

newspeedo wrote:...I actually did get my order in size small and they seem to fit alright.
Hey ns,

Please post pics. Would be cool to see them.

I found a Singapore ebay seller for Arena and may buy another one. The suits aren't from Japan. They cut them a little bigger in the butt. They have the mesh butt seam. I can wear them to the beach. Not like the Aqux.

-j-j

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:18 am

hi guys,
justin i got an arena suit from the new usa site, arenausa.com, but they don't have a rear seam, etc - so i don't think it is what you guys are looking for. I still like them, they are cut pretty small in a size 28 and I do wear them sometimes to swim laps.
ns, i would like to see the marcuse suit as well - would be cool to see.
J

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:17 am

JohnC wrote:hi guys,
justin i got an arena suit from the new usa site, arenausa.com, but they don't have a rear seam, etc - so i don't think it is what you guys are looking for. I still like them, they are cut pretty small in a size 28 and I do wear them sometimes to swim laps.
ns, i would like to see the marcuse suit as well - would be cool to see.
J
Hey John! Thanks for the link. That splice suit is cool. (the "Skow" brief....who makes up this stuff). Ihad an old Us arena I bot on ebay. Had a butt seam but not a mesh one. cut low with 2 inch sides.
one of my first suits and it wore out pretty fast.

Is that a Nike in your avatar?? Get a pic of your new arena when u can.

Yeah...I hope ns posts those Marcuses.

Check out the Singapore site. Has Arena and other brands.

http://clothing-shoes-accessories.shop. ... 86.c0.m282

Later,

-j-j

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:47 pm

hi justin, yes that is the scandalous nike hydra in the avatar. don't hear about those much and i wonder if anyone wears them ;)

i got the arena skys brief and satamis brief in royal, size 28. they don't have any rear seam are pretty tiny - 2" sides - but i like them. they are very similar and it is hard to distinguish a difference (slight difference in the fabric and logo)

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:31 am

JohnC wrote:hi justin, yes that is the scandalous nike hydra in the avatar. don't hear about those much and i wonder if anyone wears them ;)
John!

:P Are they unlined? There was a Nike that guys talk about from years ago that showed everything in your package.
i got the arena skys brief and satamis brief in royal, size 28. they don't have any rear seam are pretty tiny - 2" sides - but i like them. they are very similar and it is hard to distinguish a difference (slight difference in the fabric and logo)
Royal is a really cool color. Is the fabric fairly soft? Some of the comp suits have fabric that lasts long but feels too rough.

-j-j

JohnC

Post by JohnC » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:35 am

yeah, the hydra is not lined. you can still get them in black from a few places - like D&J sports. The price has really gone up, they are $90 now- bummer. So I don't think too many people would buy them unless they are going to race.

The fabric on the arena suits is pretty comfortable, not too rough. They are little less coverage than a nike size 28 and probably not as "clingy" as the nike fabric.

newspeedo

Post by newspeedo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:47 pm

Finally some photos.

First: An apology- no magic shave in a while due to school-work.
Second: Haven't been to gym in a while... definitely shows

BUT you all wanted photos anyway ;)

Also, sorry about the lighting. My room has bad light.

Anyway.... comments are that looking at the pics the Arrest Me fits better than Sunrise. Not too bad, right?

The first post is the Sunrise and second is Arrest Me
Attachments
SunriseBack.jpg
SunriseBack.jpg (40.51 KiB) Viewed 5620 times
SunriseFront.jpg
SunriseFront.jpg (42.7 KiB) Viewed 5620 times

newspeedo

Post by newspeedo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:51 pm

Arrest Me
Attachments
ArrestMeBack.jpg
ArrestMeBack.jpg (36.93 KiB) Viewed 5620 times
ArrestmeFront.jpg
ArrestmeFront.jpg (40.61 KiB) Viewed 5620 times

Justin88

Post by Justin88 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:39 pm

newspeedo wrote: Anyway.... comments are that looking at the pics the Arrest Me fits better than Sunrise. Not too bad, right?

The first post is the Sunrise and second is Arrest Me
Hey thanks for the pics ns! To me, either suits fits great. I like the way they cut the contour on the sides. Just depends on the amount of butt coverage you want. What's the fabric like and what size did you buy.

Maybe they could change the name of the Sunrise to Moonrise. :roll: (sorry.....)

-j-j