G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Aussiebum sizing problems

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

ricardo871
Australia

Aussiebum sizing problems

Post by ricardo871 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:25 pm

Hey guys! Just a heads up, it seems that with AussieBum's new Classic range they must be using a new manufacturer, their sizing is way out. I bought the Forest Green and the Gold classic 2.5 inch a couple of weeks ago in Large, which historically fits my 34 inch waist perfectly, but these new ones I've had to buy again in Medium. The large pairs looked baggy and ridiculous, especially when wet. Just if you are going to buy the classics at least, I'd recommend going a size down from normal.
In other news, I have two pairs of Classic speedos for sale, green or gold, size L, they'd comfortably fit a 35 - 36 inch waist, never worn except for size test, if yo're interested let me know : )

speedoluv
Singapore

Re: Aussiebum sizing problems

Post by speedoluv » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:05 am

Thanks for sharing the tip! It is quite annoying when the trunks are not true to size and there is no way to get a correct sizing unless you try it on.

I am quite keen in the Classic Gold one, as it looks like a really great colour. Does it really look gold, or more like yellow? From the website, it looks yellowish to me but in the photo with the model wearing it, it looks like gold.

brooklynduck

Post by brooklynduck » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:31 pm

speedoluv wrote:I am quite keen in the Classic Gold one, as it looks like a really great colour. Does it really look gold, or more like yellow? From the website, it looks yellowish to me but in the photo with the model wearing it, it looks like gold.
Speedoluv, there's definitely a few people in here who've actually posted pictures in the suit you mention. If you do a little digging, probably in the picture posts I'm sure you'll come across them. Most seem to have said they're more like a golden yellow, but when wet they turn mustard color. Good luck searching.

GRSwimmer

Post by GRSwimmer » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:48 am

I bought one and it's definitely more golden. Not a lemon yellow. I love it! Very sheer, though, in case you didn't know.

speedoluv
Singapore

Post by speedoluv » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:51 am

Thanks for confirming that they look gold indeed!

I did not know that they are quite sheer as it is not apparent from the website. It did not know that sheer on the model wearing it, and it has a low sheer rating of 4/10.

I wish that they have the Gold colour in the 1.5" version as I prefer the Classic 1.5" to the Classic 2.4".

slithers
Australia

Post by slithers » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:53 am

hey still got them mate

would be interested in both or one of them shout out mate

ricardo871
Australia

Post by ricardo871 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:47 pm

Hey slithers
I've already sold them on man sorry for late reply
Thanks for the interest tho , I have some other Speedos for sale in an older post which are still available
If you wanna check em out ?

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:07 am

speedoluv wrote:Thanks for confirming that they look gold indeed!

I did not know that they are quite sheer as it is not apparent from the website. It did not know that sheer on the model wearing it, and it has a low sheer rating of 4/10.

I wish that they have the Gold colour in the 1.5" version as I prefer the Classic 1.5" to the Classic 2.4".
You will still see through those when they're wet!

speedoluv
Singapore

Post by speedoluv » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:41 am

Oh that sounds very naughty to me :)

I like it if the trunks are slightly see-thru without being too see-thru. I will have to wear them in the public pool so I don't want anyone to complain that they are seeing too much LOL

I may consider getting them then but they are not on sale at the moment.

DutchSwimmer

Post by DutchSwimmer » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:44 am

I also had sizing problems with Aussiebum, but with their Journey boxers. I used to be happy with M, but the new M's I've bought are more like size L. I contacted Aussiebum, and they indeed have a new manufacturer, which has caused this problem. I asked about the League swimwear, but they said that there weren't and sizing problems with those and that I should just buy the League's in M.

DrD

Post by DrD » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:43 am

This is a bugger as I want to get the new Superhero suit and I have no idea what size to get... Going on Speedo I should get the L but waist size I should go the XL... I don't want to get baggy or too tight... I guess they do offer replacement... or exchange as it says on the site...

http://www.aussiebum.com/swimwear/2307/hero#