G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

What is your favourite brand?

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

loginhere1991
Canada

What is your favourite brand?

Post by loginhere1991 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:45 pm

I have one pair of swim briefs. Love them, think they are fantastic, but I am have not been exposed to the variety. So far I have tried Budgy Smuggler. http://budgysmuggler.com.au/mens/maple-brief-2-0.html

I am looking to see what your favourite brands are (would be amazing if you attached a site as well ;P

Wriggler Rusty
Croatia

Re: What is your favourite brand?

Post by Wriggler Rusty » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:58 am

Definitely aussiebum.
Especially because they have reasonable* prices (I mean for items on sale).
*reasonable meaning normal. Because many other brands have absolutely crazy prices.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:52 am

I would also say ab, if I could only own one pair of speedos they would be ab classic.

The answer is very much personal choice, do you like skimpy, larger, low, normal, nylon, etc. What do you want them for, competitive swimming, leisure swimming, tanning, posing or a bit of fun?

Love my ab's, but have a pair of TYR for doing laps. Andrew Christian have briefs that are more showy.

Look through pictures on here and see what takes your fancy. Ebay often good to buy used before spending on new. Have not posted links, am sure you can use a search engine!
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

ExBex
United States of America

Post by ExBex » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:39 pm

My current favorites are Turbo and Arena.

For my body type, they seem to consistently fit the best, and that's my #1 criteria.
On a lifelong quest for the perfect fitting swim suit

Swimbrieffetish

Post by Swimbrieffetish » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:01 pm

For swimming laps I like TYR for comfort but it seems speedo brand is more durable. But I am curious on what people think of addidas

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:32 am

rmf

Post by rmf » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:45 am

I have pretty much given up on Speedo for the basic brief suit for now. I find their quality has gone down in regards to material when considering the use in chlorinated pools. They tend to be expensive and they just don't last. I have not had a problem with Speedo Jammers. Maybe different manufacturers.

Right now Turbo water polo suits are my favorite to work out in. The patterns can be crazy but if you are going to wear a brief style, you might as well have to own it. It's just tough getting the sizing right. Overall, they are a very brief cut.

I have a pair of Corkas but I think they run big. While I want these to be my favorite, even an XS has too much room in the front and I am afraid that I might a nut if I am not careful. I purchased the chlorine resistant pair but I have not tested them. I still haven't figured out when to wear them.

For hanging out at the beach or pool, I go the opposite and my favorite brand is a tie between Mr. Turk & Parke & Ronen. In a way, it makes me think or show that I am not wearing my workout suit to the beach but that I am intentionally wearing what I want out of choice. As I mentioned before, I try not to mix my workout suits with leisure however, I just may this year with my (new) Turbos because of the crazy pattern.
straight, married w/ kids.

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:19 pm

I stick mostly with Speedo solars, the fit seems to be the best for my body. I do have some square cut suits I like to wear alot, as well, Nike being my favorite. I just bought a Desmit bikini that I am looking forward to wearing to the beach once summer comes around.

rockman748

Post by rockman748 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:36 pm

Aussiebum
Anyone that hasn't already tried them needs to go an try them now. They are in my opinion the most comfortable, best looking, and feel great.
Just a straight guy who likes speedos and aussiebums

IceWeasel

Post by IceWeasel » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:05 am

Aussiebum, speedo, though there is also Clever Moda (https://www.clevermoda.us/) A friend got me one which I've posted an image of before and it is still my favourite one to wear with how smooth and snug it is.

budgybloke
Australia

Post by budgybloke » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:19 pm

Aussiebum for me.....and that'd be no surprise to the guys on the forum!

JustaSpeedoguy
New Zealand

Post by JustaSpeedoguy » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:36 am

The last two years I've had the classic Speedo brand, which has been pretty good.
But recently I purchased two budgy smugglers. A sailor stripes and one wave. I'm really happy with them, they fit great, especially at the back and feel like better quality fabric. So might be my new favourite.

timinauckland
New Zealand

Post by timinauckland » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:19 pm

Go with aussiebum

swimdude
United States of America

Post by swimdude » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:50 am

So many speedo brands, so little time. Lol, just kidding. I'm torn between aussiebum and turbo myself.

karlos
Great Britain

Post by karlos » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:26 pm

I've mostly stuck with speedo for briefs, aqua shorts and jammers, but have also tried maru and tyr.

But what I've found with my 30" waist and tall frame.

Speedo briefs in a size 30" fit fine providing they are of the normal nylon/lycra mix, but if they are the endurance fabric then they have no change of covering anything up front and have to size up.

Speedo, tyr and maru aqua shorts, in a 30" fit fine, but seam baggy and 28" are just simply too small/tight to even get on.

Speedo, tyr and maru jammers seam to all fit ok, but are about and inch too short in the leg to be just above the knee. Little difference between the fabrics unlike the briefs. Although the maru 'chlorine resistant' jammers do seam to wear out and go thin after just 2 months of twice weekly swimming, but they are also just slightly (about half an inch) longer in the leg over the speedo ones.

I've also been after a pair of Yingfa briefs for a while as daily fun wear. But as there 30" is a boys size I have no idea if they run small and having to order two sizes and then return seams like a lot of hassle.

chicagoswim

Post by chicagoswim » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:32 pm

Huge fan of N2N! Between the fit, the skimpy cuts, and the nearly constant thong/g-string option, they're my go to brand. They just fit so well and are the sexiest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wearing what I want, where I want, when I want...no exceptions! ;-)

Bullseye
United States of America

Post by Bullseye » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:28 am

My favorite pair of all is the Speedo Shoreline https://www.largodrive.com/speedo-xtra- ... 71565.html. I own three pairs. The first (blue) is faded and stretched and I wear it only in the spa at home these days because it is in such bad shape, and I don't have to worry about the chlorine destroying another suit I care about. My other two pairs, a red and a blue one, I wear only occasionally, because I don't want them to get faded and stretched out. My "go to" suits are my Sportis. They are cheap and well made. I have some polyester water polo suits http://www.swimoutlet.com/p/sporti-mens ... color=9325 that I wear all the time for laps and they still look great and are none the worse for the wear. I think I am going to finally take the plunge and get some ABs, but I am waiting for them to stock up because the ones I am considering are all out of stock. I own one pair of Adidas and one NIke, but don't care for the fit on either (both are uncomfortable).

GRSwimmer

Post by GRSwimmer » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:51 pm

Aussiebum, Arena, and the non-US Adidas suits. All fit me well consistently.

Ca-rio-ca makes some good suits, but you pretty much have to get the on clearance. They're WAY expensive otherwise.

Oh, LASC St.Tropez briefs are great too :)

pooablo
Canada

Post by pooablo » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:04 pm

My favourite swim brands are in the following order:

1. Turbo
2. Arena (Japan)
3. Speedo (Japan)

I prefer Turbos because they have great designs, are well-made, can be used for both water polo and swimming, fit my frame well (by far, I've received the most compliments when I have worn my Turbo suits), and are very comfortable for me. I wear the XS/10 year size for Turbos.

I don't like the fashion brands (Aussiebum, Marcus, Ca-rio-ca, Timoteo, Priape) as they don't seem to hold up well in the water and don't fit as well on my frame.

swimcmk
United States of America

Post by swimcmk » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:39 am

I am really starting to like Nike suits