G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Suits from China on eBay

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

losingandbuilding
United States of America

Suits from China on eBay

Post by losingandbuilding » Sat May 20, 2017 5:26 pm

So I've been looking at some suits on eBay that ship from China. The price is very low ($3.99 each) and shipping is free, so its very tempting. Has anyone bought these, or something similar before? I'm wondering about the quality and sizing, although at that price, I guess I could use them as underwear or even just get rid of them if they're not great. The size chart on the listing says that the largest suit only fits waists up to 33 inches though, which is a bit smaller than I am right now. I'm thinking I might buy them and use them as "goal clothing" to motivate me to lose the weight. What do you guys think - would you buy them?

Here's the listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172630651120?var=471445971829
Just a straight guy who likes speedos...

ChicagoDan

Re: Suits from China on eBay

Post by ChicagoDan » Sat May 20, 2017 7:58 pm

I have a Desmit suit from China I got from Amazon, it is well made. The sizing on Asian suits i's smaller, normally I wear a small, 30"inch waist, but the Desmit is a large, fits perfectly

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sun May 21, 2017 4:01 am

I have bought several, all good quality but small. If you check out recent pics I have posted in Cut out lining and something like sunbathing in the garden they are both cheap far east suits.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

losingandbuilding
United States of America

Post by losingandbuilding » Sun May 21, 2017 9:55 am

Scottiebum wrote:I have bought several, all good quality but small. If you check out recent pics I have posted in Cut out lining and something like sunbathing in the garden they are both cheap far east suits.
Cool, good to know. I did see the post about cutting out the liner - they definitely fit you much better that way.

swimsharkau
Australia

Post by swimsharkau » Tue May 23, 2017 10:37 pm

I have bought quite a few pairs of swim briefs and underwear from China and the same goes for both - hit and miss.

The biggest issue I have found is pouch size. I'd say I'm average size, but some pairs are so small or tight in the front they are either very uncomfortable or squash you almost flat.

The other issue can be material. The description might say Nylon, and it looks like a good thickness and quality nylon in the photos but when you get it the material is definitely not nylon and it is very thin and cheap.

That said I have got some stuff that has been great value, and comfortable. Good luck.

losingandbuilding
United States of America

Post by losingandbuilding » Wed May 24, 2017 6:22 am

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I took the plunge and ordered a few from this listing, and a few from another listing. I'll have to let you all know how they are once I receive them.

losingandbuilding
United States of America

Post by losingandbuilding » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:30 pm

Hey guys, these suits have arrived! If you're interested, I posted a quick review and pics here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=139750&sid=ceb6a7b9 ... 663b91f1d0

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:24 pm

let us know how they fitted.. im interested in a couple of pairs too :)