G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Marcuse

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

rozelle
Indonesia

Marcuse

Post by rozelle » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:34 pm

Hey guys,

I know there was a topic already covering Marcuse but I couldn't find it so I'm starting a new one if that's ok.

anyway I'm looking into their Patrol line but unsure about sizing. I usually wear S for Aussiebums. do any of you own a pair of their suits? what's the sizing like? are there room in the front for your privates? how low is the back? kindly need your insights on this guys as they are having a sale.

the suit I'm talking about is: http://www.marcuse.com/swimwear/patrol.html

BJE
United States of America

Re: Marcuse

Post by BJE » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:58 am

I looked at the website and I really like the products. I especially like the sunset brief. However, like you I would like to know how the sizing is. It seems a little strange. When they say lower waist measurement do they mean the level at wil high you would wear the suit? If that is the case then I'd probably need the M but that is the largest size and I can't imagine I would need the largest size they make.

chicagoswim

Marcuse

Post by chicagoswim » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:58 pm

I wear a small in most everything (occasionally an xs) and own 4-5 Marcuse suits, all size small. I really like that they sit lower on the hips than most other brands. They are low in the back as well but not crack showing low. It's a tasteful kind of low waist. As for the pouch, the ones I have are pretty similar to a Speedo cut. They're not really the contour style of pouch that you'd get from other brands. The fit would actually pass as an actual swim brief for laps as opposed to the fashion briefs that put your goods on display. The quality is nice and their prices aren't bad, especially when they have sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wearing what I want, where I want, when I want...no exceptions! ;-)

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:08 pm

I'm a small in aB. But medium in Marcuse, which sits lower over the hips. That maybe why I had to go up a size

chicagoswim

Marcuse

Post by chicagoswim » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:50 pm

Probably Mazda, that makes sense. XS is too small for me in AB, S fits weird and M is just too big, saggy bottom. But S in Marcuse fits me well, and likely because it's sits on the hips instead of higher at the waist like most others. Being short, I love when I find anything that is vertically proportional since everything tends to be too high of a rise when bottoms are concerned.

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:11 pm

chicagoswim wrote:Probably Mazda, that makes sense. XS is too small for me in AB, S fits weird and M is just too big, saggy bottom. But S in Marcuse fits me well, and likely because it's sits on the hips instead of higher at the waist like most others. Being short, I love when I find anything that is vertically proportional since everything tends to be too high of a rise when bottoms are concerned.

Hey mate. I'm exactly the same as you!

XS in aB I'm not even gonna try. Small fits me, although tighter but I like it cos it goes loose in water and like you said the saggy butt so no point going into a medium.

Marcuse wise. I haven't tried small but the medium I got was quite snug already, and the front didn't feel very spacious. So I haven't reached for it for the pool or beach.

I'm also quite short, so anything that sits low I think makes the proportions a lot nicer. Just low enough so people don't see my butt crack hahahha

rozelle
Indonesia

Post by rozelle » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:40 am

@mazda and chicagoswim would you gentlemen care to give us some pics just to visualise. I'm a bit disappointed they are not contoured. I kinda like contoured briefs, not for the show but more for my privates to breathe. Oh also which models do you guys own? Patrol, arrest me, something else?

chicagoswim

Post by chicagoswim » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:31 pm

rozelle wrote:@mazda and chicagoswim would you gentlemen care to give us some pics just to visualise. I'm a bit disappointed they are not contoured. I kinda like contoured briefs, not for the show but more for my privates to breathe. Oh also which models do you guys own? Patrol, arrest me, something else?
I don't have pictures and they're stored away still from the winter so I probably won't be pulling them out until it gets warm enough to hit the beach.

I have a couple arrest me and I don't recall the names of the others I bought. One has two tiny zipper pockets on the front, two had a couple color blocked stripes.

No contoured pouch but if you want that, there are plenty of brands that sell exactly that. All brands have their own unique designs, some that are preferred and others that have their drawbacks.

Good luck

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:25 pm

rozelle wrote:@mazda and chicagoswim would you gentlemen care to give us some pics just to visualise. I'm a bit disappointed they are not contoured. I kinda like contoured briefs, not for the show but more for my privates to breathe. Oh also which models do you guys own? Patrol, arrest me, something else?
I don't have any pics in the Marcuse because I actually didn't like the fit of it. But will wait for summer to take it to the beach to see how I go.

It's called the iceberg. With the two buttons.
I do want the amigo briefs tho haha.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:42 pm

I like this suit so much that I decided to order it in the two most likely sizes. Hopefully at least one will fit well. The other I will either send back if the shipping charge to Australia is not prohibitive. Otherwise perhaps I could sell it to someone here. Perhaps they will both fit with one just being a bit snigger than the other.

http://www.marcuse.com/swimwear/sunset-brief.html

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:21 pm

BJE wrote:I like this suit so much that I decided to order it in the two most likely sizes. Hopefully at least one will fit well. The other I will either send back if the shipping charge to Australia is not prohibitive. Otherwise perhaps I could sell it to someone here. Perhaps they will both fit with one just being a bit snigger than the other.

I bought a discontinued Marcuse style through cheapundies for a good price. It's a size small and fits snug in the butt. Unfortunately, at the moment, I can't find it.
Long time Speedo® lover

rozelle
Indonesia

Post by rozelle » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:45 am

BJE wrote:I like this suit so much that I decided to order it in the two most likely sizes. Hopefully at least one will fit well. The other I will either send back if the shipping charge to Australia is not prohibitive. Otherwise perhaps I could sell it to someone here. Perhaps they will both fit with one just being a bit snigger than the other.

awesome BJE! please post pics and tell us about the sizing for you when you have received it.

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:42 pm

I just ordered 3 on sale from Marcuse and I think they are near Speedo quality. The only thing I noticed is that all 3 are sized differently. I ordered all Med. and the fit is like a Sm a Med/Sm and a Med. they are thick enough material in the pouch area to wear in public places. I would suggest them and order from them again.
Str8 Speedo fan

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:44 pm

I bought a sunset brief in the two sizes I thought most likely to fit me. I generally wear size 32 and I bought the size small and medium. I tried them on with bikini underwear underneath. The small was too small. The medium fit well except that the backside coverage is not good enough for me. I don't like my cheeks peeking out. A large may have had better coverage but I think it would be too large overall. I ordered them from Australia but they were sent from Hong Kong. I don't know if the shipping charge would make it impractical to return them. They were regularly $50 each but they were half price.

The cloth is rather thick and not very stretchy sort of like a Turbo.

Perhaps someone here would like to buy them from me.

rozelle
Indonesia

Post by rozelle » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:29 am

BJE wrote:I bought a sunset brief in the two sizes I thought most likely to fit me. I generally wear size 32 and I bought the size small and medium. I tried them on with bikini underwear underneath. The small was too small. The medium fit well except that the backside coverage is not good enough for me. I don't like my cheeks peeking out. A large may have had better coverage but I think it would be too large overall. I ordered them from Australia but they were sent from Hong Kong. I don't know if the shipping charge would make it impractical to return them. They were regularly $50 each but they were half price.

how is the room in the front BJE?

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:44 pm

I found the Marcuse I bought, maybe three years ago. I usually wear a small. The Marcuse is XS, extra small and fits perfectly. But then, maybe the newer ones are different.
Long time Speedo® lover

rozelle
Indonesia

Post by rozelle » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:18 pm

Thom wrote:I found the Marcuse I bought, maybe three years ago. I usually wear a small. The Marcuse is XS, extra small and fits perfectly. But then, maybe the newer ones are different.
thanks Thom! now I'm even more confused about the sizing lol I was thinking S but I like it when there is enough room in the front but my crack is still showing a little

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:55 pm

rozelle wrote:
BJE wrote:I bought a sunset brief in the two sizes I thought most likely to fit me. I generally wear size 32 and I bought the size small and medium. I tried them on with bikini underwear underneath. The small was too small. The medium fit well except that the backside coverage is not good enough for me. I don't like my cheeks peeking out. A large may have had better coverage but I think it would be too large overall. I ordered them from Australia but they were sent from Hong Kong. I don't know if the shipping charge would make it impractical to return them. They were regularly $50 each but they were half price.

The medium is adequate but the small is so small in the front that my balls can hardly be contained and they about pop out the leg opening.

rozelle
Indonesia

Post by rozelle » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:56 am

BJE wrote:
rozelle wrote:

The medium is adequate but the small is so small in the front that my balls can hardly be contained and they about pop out the leg opening.
hey BJE I sent you a message. are you still going to sell one of the suits?

timinauckland
New Zealand

Post by timinauckland » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:50 am

Does anyone know where this brand is based and what's the history please? How long is the shipping ? Thanks