G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Aussiebum vintage stripes with tie cord?

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

lucas34

Aussiebum vintage stripes with tie cord?

Post by lucas34 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:23 am

Hi,

Can someone help me? I was looking some Aussiebum vintage stripes/Aussiebum WJ vintage stripes-and my question is if there is any tie cord, like WJ loose 2.5 has? How about the quality of vintage stripes (polyester, not nylon)?
Which are better normal vintage stripes or WJ vintage stripes?

speedoluv
Singapore

Re: Aussiebum vintage stripes with tie cord?

Post by speedoluv » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:37 am

Hi, I own a few pairs of the Aussiebum vintage stripes. Yes they do come with tie cord. The quality of the material is very similar to that of the Classics nylon, thin and lightweight. I myself prefer non WJ swimtrunks because I don't find the WJ ones comfortable to wear. I think they seem to fit a bit tighter than usual in my case.

lucas34

Post by lucas34 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:49 am

Hi, Thanks for your help. And what you think about Varsity or Handlebar? Should I look these ones or Vintage Stripes?

speedoluv
Singapore

Post by speedoluv » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:02 am

Hi, no worries, you are welcome. I guess you are deciding what to buy at the Aussiebum sale? I am also thinking about what to get too since they usually don't have a 50% discount off everything.

I don't have the Varsity or Handlebar but I have the League 17 which is quite similar I think. The material is thicker than the Vintage stripes one. It fits quite well actually but I generally prefer the cut of swim briefs.

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:44 pm

lucas34 wrote:Hi, Thanks for your help. And what you think about Varsity or Handlebar? Should I look these ones or Vintage Stripes?
i like the handlebar :) but i was too indecisive for a colour

SthOzGuy81
Australia

Post by SthOzGuy81 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:13 pm

I just ordered a pair of WJ vintage stripes in the same colour I have in the regular. Itll be interesting to see if theres much difference!

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:00 am

SthOzGuy81 wrote:I just ordered a pair of WJ vintage stripes in the same colour I have in the regular. Itll be interesting to see if theres much difference!
remember to do a review with photos :)

SthOzGuy81
Australia

Post by SthOzGuy81 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:16 am

Mazda3mps wrote:
SthOzGuy81 wrote:I just ordered a pair of WJ vintage stripes in the same colour I have in the regular. Itll be interesting to see if theres much difference!
remember to do a review with photos :)
Will do mate!

Red^^Speedo
United States of America

Post by Red^^Speedo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:11 am

AB Vintage Stripes suits do have a drawcord and they dry very fast, like 100% nylon suits.

Very good choice for beach and boat ( lycra stays wet and soggy a long time, especially if they have full linings).

rozelle
Indonesia

Post by rozelle » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:02 am

I own a pair too and yes they come with a cord. what I don't like about them is that they don't sit right on me. they are pretty high-rise so I usually just fold it in so that it's not as high-rise.