G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Scepter Suits

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

SpeedoUSA

Scepter Suits

Post by SpeedoUSA » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:34 am

Anyone have feedback on a Scepter? Sizing, fit ?
Attachments
IMG_3012.PNG
IMG_3012.PNG (955.28 KiB) Viewed 7663 times
IMG_3011.PNG
IMG_3011.PNG (943.69 KiB) Viewed 7663 times
IMG_3013.PNG
IMG_3013.PNG (1.04 MiB) Viewed 7663 times
Str8 Speedo fan

BJE
United States of America

Re: Scepter Suits

Post by BJE » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:10 am

I've never seen them before but they look like something I'd like.

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:11 am

Listings on EBay. They've lowered them to $19.99 from $35. They look smaller but the model maybe wearing it tighter...
Str8 Speedo fan

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:46 am

On their website some of the suits look much skimpier than others. I wonder if they are all cut the same and some of the models are wearing them extra tight or if they have different cuts.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:49 pm

BJE wrote:On their website some of the suits look much skimpier than others. I wonder if they are all cut the same and some of the models are wearing them extra tight or if they have different cuts.
I think the cut is the same and they might have downsized. On their size chart, Small is 28-32 and Medium is 31 to 34. So a model with a 32" waist would fit into a Small or Medium, although the Small would, of course, be cut smaller. I kind like these. I have a smallish butt so they should fit okay. I like Sluggers approach of having different cuts, since there are multiple body types, and no one type fits everybody.
Long time Speedo® lover

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:59 pm

That is a Neptune suit in my avatar,I don't own it any more but as far as I remember the sizing was true and it fitted well. As is obvious from the pictures some of patterns are a bit suggestive for public wear! Here are a few pics of me wearing mine.
Attachments
SAM_4175.JPG
SAM_4175.JPG (144.92 KiB) Viewed 7639 times
SAM_4181.JPG
SAM_4181.JPG (128.5 KiB) Viewed 7639 times
SAM_4215.JPG
SAM_4215.JPG (84.5 KiB) Viewed 7639 times
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:23 pm

Scottiebum, when I went to their website I saw the suit you are wearing and was going to ask you about it.

Their sizing chart says to go by hip measurements rather than waist measurements for the size. What I don't know though is if that means the level at which you would have the waistband or the fullest part of the butt.

On their site some of the suits look okay in the back while others look very skimpy in the back. I wonder if there is a difference in cut or if some of the models are undersizing.

I definitely like a suit with narrow sides but I want my cheeks covered. I also want it low rise in the front.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:28 pm

BJE wrote:

Their sizing chart says to go by hip measurements rather than waist measurements for the size. What I don't know though is if that means the level at which you would have the waistband or the fullest part of the butt.
Their diagram shows you should take the measurement four to six inches (they do it in centimeters) below your waist (and they define your waist as the level of your navel), around the hips at the fullest point of your glutes.
Long time Speedo® lover

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:41 pm

Thom wrote:
BJE wrote:

Their diagram shows you should take the measurement four to six inches (they do it in centimeters) below your waist (and they define your waist as the level of your navel), around the hips at the fullest point of your glutes.
If that is the case since my butt measures about 36.5 then I should wear an extra large. It's hard to imagine I would be wearing their largest size. Also I can't imagine how small a waist a man would have to have to have a 28" butt.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:59 pm

BJE wrote: If that is the case since my butt measures about 36.5 then I should wear an extra large. It's hard to imagine I would be wearing their largest size. Also I can't imagine how small a waist a man would have to have to have a 28" butt.
I'm just going to order the small and let it go at that.
Long time Speedo® lover

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:21 pm

Thom wrote:
BJE wrote: If that is the case since my butt measures about 36.5 then I should wear an extra large. It's hard to imagine I would be wearing their largest size. Also I can't imagine how small a waist a man would have to have to have a 28" butt.
I'm just going to order the small and let it go at that.
A small would be for a 28-32" hip. That is a lot smaller than me.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:18 am

[quote="BJE"]Scottiebum, when I went to their website I saw the suit you are wearing and was going to ask you about it.

On their site some of the suits look okay in the back while others look very skimpy in the back. I wonder if there is a difference in cut or if some of the models are undersizing.

Unfortunately I cannot remember the size I bought, but I think you could be right in saying measure where the waistband will be. I do not have much of a butt but coverage was fine and not too low at the front, I might have been able to go down a size to make them skimpier, but they would be quite tight then.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:22 am

BJE wrote:A small would be for a 28-32" hip. That is a lot smaller than me.
I'm just ignoring their diagram and going by the regular sizing. Who could wear the smalls using their system? They'd be sized for skinny youths who wear size 26 jeans These suits are for adults. Besides, if I measure 4" below my navel (within their suggested range), that's just below hip bone level where my speedo waist band rides, and that's higher than the middle of my butt, so buying their small size should work. Their measurement range is okay (with variances along their range depending on height). I think their diagram is off.
Long time Speedo® lover

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:17 am

I emailed the company a question about sizing so I guess I'll see if they respond. However since I wear 31 to 32 inch pants I can't imagine that I would wear their largest size suit. Mostly I want to make sure my butt is covered. If I was young with a tight firm butt I wouldn't mind showing some of it but such as it is I have saggy skin at the bottom of my butt which I'd rather keep covered.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:35 am

BJE wrote:I emailed the company a question about sizing so I guess I'll see if they respond. However since I wear 31 to 32 inch pants I can't imagine that I would wear their largest size suit. Mostly I want to make sure my butt is covered. If I was young with a tight firm butt I wouldn't mind showing some of it but such as it is I have saggy skin at the bottom of my butt which I'd rather keep covered.
Well, I'll be interested in what they say because I've exhausted any thoughts I have.
Last edited by Thom on Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long time Speedo® lover

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:13 am

I hope I can find a size that fits well because I really like how they look.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:39 am

I noticed that they have suits with different cloth. One is 63% polyester and 37% spandex and the other is 83% polyester and 17% spandex. Does anyone know what the advantages of each of these fabrics would be? The cut in each looks the same.

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:38 pm

Bum, you say stick with your normal size? BJE is getting a response but I fear it won't help. I think the extra poly means tighter fit...? They really have cool designs and colorful choices.
Str8 Speedo fan

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:12 pm

The Sporti Euro briefs which are my favorite are made of Lycra so I don't really know how the Scepters would compare.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:23 pm

BJE wrote:The Sporti Euro briefs which are my favorite are made of Lycra so I don't really know how the Scepters would compare.

Again I cannot remember what material mine were,but they were very comfortable. The material was quite soft and form fitting but supportive enough too.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo