G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

American Eagle, late 80s or early 90s

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Bospeedodude
United States of America

American Eagle, late 80s or early 90s

Post by Bospeedodude » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:16 pm

In the late 1980s or early 90s, when I was in my mid to late teens, American Eagle (or maybe some other similar mall store) had a decent selection of swim briefs. Some were displayed on hangers, others sold in boxes, sort of like underwear. I had a floral print one for a few years and remember it having a good stretch that never wore out. The print faded slightly over time, but the suit always retained its shape. Does anyone else remember these? I'd love to have another pair like them.

Thom
United States of America

Re: American Eagle, late 80s or early 90s

Post by Thom » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:47 pm

Bospeedodude wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:16 pm
In the late 1980s or early 90s, when I was in my mid to late teens, American Eagle (or maybe some other similar mall store) had a decent selection of swim briefs. Some were displayed on hangers, others sold in boxes, sort of like underwear. I had a floral print one for a few years and remember it having a good stretch that never wore out. The print faded slightly over time, but the suit always retained its shape. Does anyone else remember these? I'd love to have another pair like them.
Wow, I lived in Boston all my life up until 2000. I shopped the mall stores a lot and don't remember any brief style suits in floral. Macy's (and before that Jordan Marsh) sometimes had speedo brand suits in the summer. I used to shop at Structure, the Gap, and A&F. They only had boxers and board shorts, IIRC. Copley Place had a small swim shop that had lots of speedos--also European brief suits. I've forgotten the name.
Long time Speedo® lover

Bospeedodude
United States of America

Post by Bospeedodude » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:51 pm

I remember the place in Copley Place. It was on the upper level to the right, if walking towards the Prudential Center, right? The old Lafayette Place Mall in Downtown Crossing had a store like that too in 1990 -I remember going there with some German students who were in an exchange group from our sister school that was visiting our school for a month in the spring of that year. They all bought speedos so that they would have something to wear at the beach during field trip to Rockport the following week. They were a real hit with the girls -and at least a few of the boys! I was 15 at the time and terrified to buy one so publicly (even with the German boys my own age that I had befriended), and wearing one on the field trip was just out of the question at that time. The American Eagle store with the swim briefs was at the Burlington Mall and I think was near the Jordan Marsh, or could have been on the Sears side. I was from a few towns over and went there a lot in my teen years. Filene's, Jordan Marsh, and Herman's Sporting Goods also always stocked a lot of speedos at that time.

Bospeedodude
United States of America

Post by Bospeedodude » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:54 am

I think I found one like it, it was by Eddie Bauer, not American Eagle. Mine was similar to this one, but I think it had more pink and green in it, I wish I knew what happened to it. Unfortunately this one is probably not quite my size, but I'll contact the seller to see if they have any more. The seller is apparently local to me too, so maybe they'll let me come by see what else they have. For anyone else interested, they do have other pairs of speedos from the same era. https://www.ebay.com/itm/132415820070?s ... 1558.l2649