G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

AussieBum Sheer Grading

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

speedojoe
Australia

AussieBum Sheer Grading

Post by speedojoe » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:44 pm

Hi all,

I was browsing the AussieBum sale on at the moment and keen on buying a pair of Swish in 'watermelon'. I noticed that the sheer rating was "high" and I'm feeling really doubtful as the material colour seems like it's dark enough to be a lower sheer grade. I am also confused why these suits get transparent as they're advertised as "elite" pairs you can train in. Does anyone have a pair in white/watermelon/any other lighter complexion and can confirm they are sheer? (I was looking at getting a white pair, but I guess not if it's going to reveal all–would love to know if people know any white speedos that wouldn't turn transparent in the water!) I have a pair of Classic 1.5 in Citrus that they claim is a high sheer-rating but it really doesn't reveal anything in my opinion.

I already have plenty of ball-bearing pairs already, so don't need another :lol: :P

Mazda3mps
Australia

Re: AussieBum Sheer Grading

Post by Mazda3mps » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:55 pm

their sheer rating is shockingly bad.. even same colour and material in two different styles differs.

same as u i was looking at the white swish hoping it wasnt see thru as i already have the 1.5 loose dawn.i honestly doubt the swish is see thru.

speedojoe
Australia

Post by speedojoe » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:54 am

Mazda3mps wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:55 pm
their sheer rating is shockingly bad.. even same colour and material in two different styles differs.

same as u i was looking at the white swish hoping it wasnt see thru as i already have the 1.5 loose dawn.i honestly doubt the swish is see thru.
Thanks Mazda! I think I might get the white ones, I’m just worried about it! What are the white 1.5 loose like wet? I’ve heard it goes basically non-existent haha

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:07 am

speedojoe wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:54 am
Mazda3mps wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:55 pm

Thanks Mazda! I think I might get the white ones, I’m just worried about it! What are the white 1.5 loose like wet? I’ve heard it goes basically non-existent haha
wore it today to the beach. but didnt really take a photo.. but yeh basically non existent.. even the front double lined can see thru it...

went back to look at the swish white and sold out medium.. oh well... let me know after u do a wet test on the swish :)

speedojoe
Australia

Post by speedojoe » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:13 am

Mazda3mps wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:07 am

wore it today to the beach. but didnt really take a photo.. but yeh basically non existent.. even the front double lined can see thru it...

went back to look at the swish white and sold out medium.. oh well... let me know after u do a wet test on the swish :)
Ohh cool, which beach? (Sydney?) Have only worn my sheer ones to the nude beaches. I worry about wet testing, I wont be able to post it back if it's wrong.

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:15 am

speedojoe wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:13 am
Mazda3mps wrote:

Ohh cool, which beach? (Sydney?) Have only worn my sheer ones to the nude beaches. I worry about wet testing, I wont be able to post it back if it's wrong.
yeh i was at little congwong today lol. so basically nude beach.

u cant return sale items anyway, so test it regardless hahaha. unless u wanna dive straight into the pool and hope for the best?

speedojoe
Australia

Post by speedojoe » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:21 am

Mazda3mps wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:15 am
speedojoe wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:13 am
Mazda3mps wrote:

yeh i was at little congwong today lol. so basically nude beach.

u cant return sale items anyway, so test it regardless hahaha. unless u wanna dive straight into the pool and hope for the best?
Very true! I think I'll stick to watermelon this time. Thanks dude.

MISpeedo
United States of America

Post by MISpeedo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:12 am

I have a pair of AB white 1.5 loose and while they are more see thru when wet I haven't found them to be like there is nothing there. At least for me they do not show everything, but if you are pushing against the fabric maybe they would show more. (A nice problem to have) . They dry very fast and by the time I am back to my towel they are less noticeable. I wear them at the public beach and have never had an issue. Same for my 1.5 WJ loose in light blue. Love both suits.

speedojoe
Australia

Post by speedojoe » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:15 pm

Argh such a shame, sold out in my size now. Might wait a day, but what other colours would you recommend guys?

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:30 pm

speedojoe wrote:Argh such a shame, sold out in my size now. Might wait a day, but what other colours would you recommend guys?
I first wanted the white.

Then the grey but also sold out

Then the green but I have it in the eclipse style

And then the black but already have heaps of blacks

First world problems HHaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speedojoe
Australia

Post by speedojoe » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:54 pm

Mazda3mps wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:30 pm
speedojoe wrote:Argh such a shame, sold out in my size now. Might wait a day, but what other colours would you recommend guys?

I think I'll get the RED ones :) Ruby :)

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:45 pm

speedojoe wrote:
Mazda3mps wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:30 pm

I think I'll get the RED ones :) Ruby :)
I’m sure you’ll look great in any of them. I just can’t pull off colourful
Ones haha