G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Q Swimwear

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

52dno98
United States of America

Q Swimwear

Post by 52dno98 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:35 am

Anyone ever bought Q Swimwear? I was just curious how they fit, how soft/rough the fabric is, etc.

I’m pretty sure I want to get their “waterpolo” brief, which is a shorter seam (2 inches or so), but I wasn’t sure how either the waterpolo or classic brief fit.

Would love any feedback from anyone!

rozelle
Indonesia

Re: Q Swimwear

Post by rozelle » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:46 pm

never heard of the brand but they look funky. kind of like the speedo division of Quiksilver or something cause they kind of project the same image

scott1636
United States of America

Post by scott1636 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:32 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:35 am
Anyone ever bought Q Swimwear? I was just curious how they fit, how soft/rough the fabric is, etc.

I’m pretty sure I want to get their “waterpolo” brief, which is a shorter seam (2 inches or so), but I wasn’t sure how either the waterpolo or classic brief fit.

Would love any feedback from anyone!
Can't speak to how the briefs fit. I only bought a jammer from them. It was a little longer than I'm used to, but the fit and feel were very good. They are really good to deal with. Apparently some orders were lost going thru customs, so Q sent out an email apologizing for the delay in shipping, replaced the lost orders AND gave a full refund, with a note saying "Enjoy your free swimsuit." How's that for customer service? I received mine before the email was sent out, so I sent them an email back telling them that my order did NOT have to be replaced, since I already received it. They still gave me a full refund anyway.

Scottiebum
Great Britain

Post by Scottiebum » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:27 pm

That is certainly how to keep your customers happy Scott.
Straight
Scottish
Speedo

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:02 pm

I have never heard of this company but I do like the look of the classic brief. There are some fantastic designs.
Love speedos, running shorts, rugby shorts, Aussie rules footy shorts.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:58 am

scott1636 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:32 pm
Can't speak to how the briefs fit. I only bought a jammer from them. It was a little longer than I'm used to, but the fit and feel were very good. They are really good to deal with. Apparently some orders were lost going thru customs, so Q sent out an email apologizing for the delay in shipping, replaced the lost orders AND gave a full refund, with a note saying "Enjoy your free swimsuit." How's that for customer service? I received mine before the email was sent out, so I sent them an email back telling them that my order did NOT have to be replaced, since I already received it. They still gave me a full refund anyway.
I emailed them asking about the fit of the water polo brief, saying that their web site suggests going up a size, and the nice lady offered to send me a "fit suit," something they send out for teams that order in bulk to make sure they're not getting the wrong size. That's pretty good customer service.

scott1636
United States of America

Post by scott1636 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:11 am

52dno98 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:58 am
scott1636 wrote:
I emailed them asking about the fit of the water polo brief, saying that their web site suggests going up a size, and the nice lady offered to send me a "fit suit," something they send out for teams that order in bulk to make sure they're not getting the wrong size. That's pretty good customer service.
I agree. Their customer service is top notch. I haven't found any better, although in the early start up days Aussiebum also had excellent customer service.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:30 pm

scott1636 wrote:
Can't speak to how the briefs fit. I only bought a jammer from them. It was a little longer than I'm used to, but the fit and feel were very good.
How is the fabric? I’ve had experience with 100% polyester suits where the fabric is neither soft nor stretchy, so it’s not as comfortable as a more spandex-y type suit.

speedorob86

Post by speedorob86 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:03 pm

I'm interested in the waterpolo suits due to the smaller seams.

would love one in the penguin print.

scott1636
United States of America

Post by scott1636 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:45 pm

52dno98 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:30 pm
scott1636 wrote:
Can't speak to how the briefs fit. I only bought a jammer from them. It was a little longer than I'm used to, but the fit and feel were very good.
How is the fabric? I’ve had experience with 100% polyester suits where the fabric is neither soft nor stretchy, so it’s not as comfortable as a more spandex-y type suit.
I don't think anything is as comfortable or form fitting as good ole nylon/spandex. The fabric is supposed to be long lasting and fade resistant. I haven't had it long enough to judge that. Again, mine is a jammer, not a brief, but the fit is good, so it is comfortable..... although not as comfortable or stretchy as my Turbo water polo brief.

losingandbuilding
United States of America

Post by losingandbuilding » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:55 pm

speedorob86 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:03 pm
I'm interested in the waterpolo suits due to the smaller seams.

would love one in the penguin print.
The penguin print would be my choice as well. So many fun designs to choose from!
Just a straight guy who likes speedos...

speedorob86

Post by speedorob86 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:44 am

got a promo code!

Code 20off4u at checkout for 20% off!

always message companies and ask for a code - never hurts to ask! :)

Red^^Speedo
United States of America

Post by Red^^Speedo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:01 pm

I have three polo suits and one regular brief.
I went up a size, as suggested and those fit a little loosely.
I ordered the last polo suit to fit (am 34/M) and like it better.

These suits are top quality in materials and workmanship.

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:55 pm

The designs look great but the shipping costs are really exspensive to the UK. $65 for the swim brief and shipping combined.
It is cheaper to order from Australia.

speedorob86

Post by speedorob86 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:15 pm

I'm in Canada and it costs around $30 or so. I ordered to my friend in the states for $6

Speedoaddict
Great Britain

Post by Speedoaddict » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:10 pm

Hi speedorob86, it's funny that you replied because the swim brief I was looking at had a Canada design. I really want these.

52dno98
United States of America

Post by 52dno98 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:56 pm

Red^^Speedo wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:01 pm
I have three polo suits and one regular brief.
I went up a size, as suggested and those fit a little loosely.
I ordered the last polo suit to fit (am 34/M) and like it better.

These suits are top quality in materials and workmanship.
But you didn’t upsize for the regular brief, right? I don’t mind suits that are a little on the small side, but I want it to fit, too.

Red^^Speedo
United States of America

Post by Red^^Speedo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:38 pm

Sorry, my post was confusing.

My first order was for a classic brief and a waterpolo brief. I went up one size when I ordered. I shouldn't have.
They are both a little bit big and baggy. I figure, I'd just keep them and use them for " drag suits" or maybe sell them.

I recently ordered and received a waterpolo suit in 34, and it fits very nicely.

I will repeat, these are very good quality material, cut, design and workmanship. As good as any in my *ahem* erm, sizable collection.

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:15 am

I see Q has a great selection of style and designs! I didn’t see any for $6usd like Rob had stated. $28-$40 seemed typical.
How wide are the water polo sides? They look 1”-2”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Str8 Speedo fan

speedorob86

Post by speedorob86 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:51 am

SpeedoUSA wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:15 am
I see Q has a great selection of style and designs! I didn’t see any for $6usd like Rob had stated. $28-$40 seemed typical.
How wide are the water polo sides? They look 1”-2”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was referring to the shipping costs. $6 to ship within the states.