G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Target "speedo" suits

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

SEASPEEDO
United States of America

Target "speedo" suits

Post by SEASPEEDO » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:38 pm

I ran into Target this morning and saw a rack of EVOLVE 2XIST suits... brief, speedo style. They were nice looking suits and the fabric seemed good as well. They were $19.99. They had 2 different prints in the store, a white background with red and blues tars and a black background with white stars... I see on their website that they have a solid if different colors as well as a couple more prints.
Way to go Target !!!

losingandbuilding
United States of America

Re: Target "speedo" suits

Post by losingandbuilding » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:57 pm

That's cool! I just checked the website, and my local stores don't have them in stock, unfortunately. I really like the black with white stars!
Just a straight guy who likes speedos...

ChicagoDan

Post by ChicagoDan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:26 pm

Might have to make a stop at Target this weekend

Swimbrieffetish

Post by Swimbrieffetish » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:56 pm

They seem reasonable in price. I may have to buy a couple

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

VPL
United States of America

Post by VPL » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:47 am

i dont know i looked at the pics and they all seem to fit weird to me. i dont think i would be happy with one.

chicagoswim

Post by chicagoswim » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:00 am

I saw some and wasn’t impressed. Especially since I’ve bought much better suits for less money. If you like the cut, check out CheapUndies.com. They sell 2xist briefs for (I believe) $7.99. $20 seems too much for Target, especially when you can get Speedo brand on sale for the same price from a department store. Idk, just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wearing what I want, where I want, when I want...no exceptions! ;-)

diveguy
United States of America

Re: Target

Post by diveguy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:05 am

chicagoswim wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:00 am
I saw some and wasn’t impressed. Especially since I’ve bought much better suits for less money. If you like the cut, check out CheapUndies.com. They sell 2xist briefs for (I believe) $7.99. $20 seems too much for Target, especially when you can get Speedo brand on sale for the same price from a department store. Idk, just my opinion.

Perhaps the suits at Target are not the best cuts or cheapest, but that's not the point. The point is that a major, mainstream, American based brick and mortar retailer is SELLING SPEEDOS! And other tight, brief swimsuits, i.e. square cuts. I think this is tremendously positive. And... and this is very important... Target is selling these suits from a FASHION standpoint, not a FITNESS standpoint. That is HUGE. Sure, it has always been possible to walk into a sporting goods retailer and buy speedos off the rack, but realistically, that was only for serious swimming. What I think is also very significant is that the side measurement of the Target speedo is a lot smaller than any speedo you can buy at Big 5 Sporting goods, which are all, at a minimum, 3" sides and larger.
Underwater and Speedo loving straight guy

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:25 am

This was a page in this week's Target local ad. In their PRINTED circular, BTW, that was in the local Sunday newspapers, not just online. I think this is a very positive sign that speedos (and squarecuts too) are slowly becoming mainstream again.
target print ad.png
target print ad.png (1009.85 KiB) Viewed 5944 times

diveguy
United States of America

Post by diveguy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:30 am

And these are screen shots from the Target website. Again, I think it's great that they are selling these style of suits. Maybe they're not quite up to our hyper-particular standards, but for the American general public at large, this is tremendous.
Target online 01.png
Target online 01.png (224.88 KiB) Viewed 5944 times
Target online 02.png
Target online 02.png (134.19 KiB) Viewed 5944 times
Target online 03.png
Target online 03.png (113.71 KiB) Viewed 5944 times
Target online 04.png
Target online 04.png (120.46 KiB) Viewed 5944 times

SEASPEEDO
United States of America

Post by SEASPEEDO » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:43 am

I agree with you dive guy! I was really surprised to see them in the store!

chicagoswim

Post by chicagoswim » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:22 am

diveguy wrote:
chicagoswim wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:00 am

Perhaps the suits at Target are not the best cuts or cheapest, but that's not the point. The point is that a major, mainstream, American based brick and mortar retailer is SELLING SPEEDOS! And other tight, brief swimsuits, i.e. square cuts. I think this is tremendously positive. And... and this is very important... Target is selling these suits from a FASHION standpoint, not a FITNESS standpoint. That is HUGE. Sure, it has always been possible to walk into a sporting goods retailer and buy speedos off the rack, but realistically, that was only for serious swimming. What I think is also very significant is that the side measurement of the Target speedo is a lot smaller than any speedo you can buy at Big 5 Sporting goods, which are all, at a minimum, 3" sides and larger.
Wow, no words for this...

wearing what I want, where I want, when I want...no exceptions! ;-)

thonger4life

Post by thonger4life » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:27 am

Several of my local Targets have some in stock. So of course I had to try some on. Help me choose, which is your favorite?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Bullseye
United States of America

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:38 am

I like the blue and orange square cuts on you the best.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:28 pm

diveguy wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:30 am
And these are screen shots from the Target website. Again, I think it's great that they are selling these style of suits. Maybe they're not quite up to our hyper-particular standards, but for the American general public at large, this is tremendous.
Wow, thanks for the post. I hope they sell. Must check out Target this week. If they're smart, they'll have them in the store in SoFL.
Long time Speedo® lover