G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Slurgers Swimsuit Purchase Problem..Won't refund purchase

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

BJE
United States of America

Re: Slurgers Swimsuit Purchase Problem..Won't refund purchase

Post by BJE » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:52 am

speedorob86 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:29 pm
These two. Deetes. Feel and fit amazing....and a little loose like an Aussiebum loose.
You look about the same size as me. What size are you wearing? I didn’t like the loose fit in either small or medium in the deetees.

chicagoswim

Post by chicagoswim » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:27 am

I know the confusion has been cleared up, which is great! One tip I’ve found EXTREMELY effective when it comes to companies responding to you and/or making something right is to use social media if you’re making no progress. I’ve used it to get a response from my Alderman, from the Department of Transportation and from businesses. Twitter and Instagram are the fastest and everyone cares about their public image on social media platforms.

While it’s very effective, I don’t encourage jumping to this without trying to contact the intended party without first attempting through their primary contact, usually provided on their website. And give them time to respond...minimum 24 hours. My rule of thumb is after three attempts to contact and at least a day in between, then I’ll go to social media.

Don’t put the company on blast but post something like “usually service is great but I’m disappointed to have tried to contact customer service a few times about an order issue with no response.” It’s not saying “omg, this company sucks and no one should ever order from them again!!!!” But it’s just enough to let them know they’re not meeting a standard expectation of service. Remember, more flies with honey than vinegar. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wearing what I want, where I want, when I want...no exceptions! ;-)

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:35 pm

speedorob86 wrote:
These two. Deetes. Feel and fit amazing....and a little loose like an Aussiebum loose.
did u get the same size as u would in aussiebum??
i had to go down a size in racerback... Small in aB and XS in Sluggers.

but it ends up sitting so low at the front!

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:36 pm

BJE wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:47 am
I’ve had a good experience with Sluggers returns. I ordered each style in two sizes each to see what would fit my shape best. I learned that what fits me is size small Racerbacks. The back isn’t skimpy on me either. I guess my butt is small enough to get good coverage with them. The other styles were baggy on me even in small. Anyway I returned several pairs and got my refund without any problems. I want to order more but I’m waiting for one I like. I’m thinking abouy the growler in red. I do like the pink passion fruit. I like the bananas but my wife thinks that’s too suggestive.
same deetees were a bit baggy for me even going down a size.
so i went with racerback XS.. but the front is too "flattering" and sits too low

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:27 pm

Mazda3mps wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:36 pm
BJE wrote:
I’ve had a good experience with Sluggers returns. I ordered each style in two sizes each to see what would fit my shape best. I learned that what fits me is size small Racerbacks. The back isn’t skimpy on me either. I guess my butt is small enough to get good coverage with them. The other styles were baggy on me even in small. Anyway I returned several pairs and got my refund without any problems. I want to order more but I’m waiting for one I like. I’m thinking abouy the growler in red. I do like the pink passion fruit. I like the bananas but my wife thinks that’s too suggestive.
so i went with racerback XS.. but the front is too "flattering" and sits too low
How can it be too flattering or sit too low?😄

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:08 pm

BJE wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:27 pm
Mazda3mps wrote:
BJE wrote:
"flattering" makes it look like u have no penis LOL

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:42 pm

Mazda3mps wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:08 pm
BJE wrote:
Mazda3mps wrote:

I don’t understand your thinking here. Clothing that is flattering enhances your appearance. Therefore a swim suit that is flattering in the front would enhance the appearance of your package. Or perhaps did you mean flattening?

Mazda3mps
Australia

Post by Mazda3mps » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:11 pm

BJE wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:42 pm
Mazda3mps wrote:
BJE wrote:

I don’t understand your thinking here. Clothing that is flattering enhances your appearance. Therefore a swim suit that is flattering in the front would enhance the appearance of your package. Or perhaps did you mean flattening?

lol thats the word im looking for!!! flattening!!

SpeedoUSA

Post by SpeedoUSA » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:52 pm

Mazda3mps wrote:
BJE wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:42 pm
Mazda3mps wrote:

lol thats the word im looking for!!! flattening!!
Haahaaaa! Funny stuff BJE!

Str8 Speedo fan

forthebest

Post by forthebest » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:39 am

BJE wrote:I’ve had a good experience with Sluggers returns. I ordered each style in two sizes each to see what would fit my shape best. I learned that what fits me is size small Racerbacks. The back isn’t skimpy on me either. I guess my butt is small enough to get good coverage with them. The other styles were baggy on me even in small. Anyway I returned several pairs and got my refund without any problems. I want to order more but I’m waiting for one I like. I’m thinking abouy the growler in red. I do like the pink passion fruit. I like the bananas but my wife thinks that’s too suggestive.
Personally I like swimbrief that are really snug not lose

forthebest

Post by forthebest » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:37 pm

In my humble opinion, returns should not even be allowed, it's not healthy and I hope that these companies are not reselling what others return.

BJE
United States of America

Post by BJE » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:44 pm

forthebest wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:39 am
BJE wrote:I’ve had a good experience with Sluggers returns. I ordered each style in two sizes each to see what would fit my shape best. I learned that what fits me is size small Racerbacks. The back isn’t skimpy on me either. I guess my butt is small enough to get good coverage with them. The other styles were baggy on me even in small. Anyway I returned several pairs and got my refund without any problems. I want to order more but I’m waiting for one I like. I’m thinking abouy the growler in red. I do like the pink passion fruit. I like the bananas but my wife thinks that’s too suggestive.
Personally I like swimbrief that are really snug not lose

Me too. That’s why I only kept the small racerback. I also like stretchy fabric best such as a Sporti Euro brief with Lycra or such. Sluggers, Budgy Smugglers and Turbos are all made of fabric which is not very stretchy.

Sluggers
Australia

Post by Sluggers » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:08 pm

forthebest wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:37 pm
In my humble opinion, returns should not even be allowed, it's not healthy and I hope that these companies are not reselling what others return.

We don't. :)

We don't get a lot of returns or exchanges, but when we do they get washed and put in the 'samples' bin for use in shoots or we might use them to send to the "Influencers" that ask for free stuff all the time.

Bear in mind that clothes you buy in stores are sometimes worn many times before you buy them and those 'hygiene' stickers should be replaced every time a customer tries any swimsuit on.

But we won't do anything - exchange or refund - until the items are returned which was the case here. The emails had threaded because they had the same heading and the exchange was for the same print and style so I was very confused having a conversation with two people at the same time about the same suit! But we sorted it out.

As soon as this customer's Sluggers arrived in our office we processed the return. All of these emails occurred prior to that.

But to be honest, it wouldn't matter what the customer said on social media - if it's not back it's not processed. That's basically our only rule with returns.

It's great to see so many guys finding a good fit on here, though! Please leave a product review on the site to help people with their size and style if you can.

Sluggers
Australia

Post by Sluggers » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:12 pm

speedorob86 wrote:
You need to model for us. The DEETEES fit you perfectly!

villageguy
United States of America

Post by villageguy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:22 am

I did get a refund. It took some time to process.
Initially there was a lot of e-mails going back/forth because I was mistaken for someone else.
did order another DeeTee.

speedoboi
Canada

Post by speedoboi » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:52 am

I agree that a swim suit should have a snug fit. If it's loose, you can easily lose it when waves hit you.

speedorob86

Post by speedorob86 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:05 am

Sluggers wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:12 pm
speedorob86 wrote:
too nice! when are where?!?!

SEASPEEDO
United States of America

Post by SEASPEEDO » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:38 pm

speedorob86 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:05 am
Sluggers wrote:
speedorob86 wrote:
Rob, you'd be perfect for the job!!!

speedorob86

Post by speedorob86 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:43 am

SEASPEEDO wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:38 pm
speedorob86 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:05 am
Sluggers wrote:

Rob, you'd be perfect for the job!!!

haha too nice. love the brand and the DEETEES are THE best!

need to get me some more!

Sluggers
Australia

Post by Sluggers » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:34 pm

Shame you're in Canada, Rob!!