G'day Guys,

Welcome to the Speedo Forum.

If you are a guest, you can only see a small portion of the forum. Members like posting their speedo selfies so I don't like that to be 100% public. However, joining is free.

If you are a new member, you need to email me your username so I can manually activate your account. This is a pain (for you and me) but it is the only way I've been able to keep the spam bots from ruining the forum. My email address is: DaveEvans@SpeedoFetish.com

This forum is free and I don't allow any advertising (except my own sites), if you would like to donate please click the link above, all donations go towards the hosting and maintenance of the forum for everyone to enjoy.

Dave 'Speedo' Evans
Webmaster/Speedo Enthusiast

Speedos as a gift for my best friend's 30th birthday

Questions about buying speedos - ask them here. If you manufacture or sell speedos - feel free to post about them in this area.

Moderator: DaveSpeedoEvans

Harsh1994
Peru

Re: Speedos as a gift for my best friend's 30th birthday

Post by Harsh1994 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:21 am

...:::sam:::... wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:52 am
I hope he liked them. In Peru is it common or normal to wear speedos?
We don't see speedos in our beaches or pools very often. However, in the last months I've seen a rise of speedo wearing specially in Lima and Northern beaches by gay men. Straight men is still reluctant to wear speedos unless it's only for sports practice.
Speedos are the best swimwear around. Period.

...:::sam:::...
Australia

Post by ...:::sam:::... » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:54 pm

Harsh1994 wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:21 am
We don't see speedos in our beaches or pools very often. However, in the last months I've seen a rise of speedo wearing specially in Lima and Northern beaches by gay men. Straight men is still reluctant to wear speedos unless it's only for sports practice.
Oh wow, it seems that everywhere in the world sees them differently.

Thom
United States of America

Post by Thom » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:15 pm

Harsh1994 wrote:
Do any straight guys there dare to take the plunge with a square cut? I bought one from a Colombian company I like called Mundo Unico. Wider sides of course. Works best on a medium build. As the ad copy says, "an easy-going fit to hold your special area." :P Might be available in Peru.

https://mundounicostore.com/collections ... -underwear
Long time Speedo® lover

Harsh1994
Peru

Post by Harsh1994 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:15 pm

Thom wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:15 pm
Harsh1994 wrote:
Do any straight guys there dare to take the plunge with a square cut? I bought one from a Colombian company I like called Mundo Unico. Wider sides of course. Works best on a medium build. As the ad copy says, "an easy-going fit to hold your special area." :P Might be available in Peru.

https://mundounicostore.com/collections ... -underwear
Straight guys would dare to wear square cuts, but that's still very uncommon. Peruvian straight men are boardshort lovers.

Harsh1994
Peru

Post by Harsh1994 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:32 am

Well, more than one year later, I can say that the speedo experiment with my best friend failed... or maybe not. Although my best friend accepted the gift that day, he apparently has wore the plain black speedo only one time as checking how it fits on him but he don't want to wear it in public, not even in my small house pool that is a safe place for speedos, or having me and his ex-boyfriend both wearing speedos in front of him (that's another story that I'll tell you lines below). I know he actually tried his speedo on because I saw a little stain on the liner a random time I was in his bedroom and he had a lot of his things everywhere due to moving between rooms. I had the hope of him wearing his speedo at least under his swim shorts but I don't know how he didn't get that logical idea. Thank God it was a cheap ten-dollars speedo.

But I know that not everything is lost. This year he introduced a workmate to our group of friends and took us to a restaurant for having lunch. Before leaving home, he told that wouldn't wear his speedo but if it had a form of shorts maybe he would wear it. I'm still thinking about buying him a square cut from Speedo or Adidas (even the Aussiebum League 23) for his 33th birthday but the chances of success or fail are fifty-fifty. If it's successful, I'll be very happy for my best friend achieving a new level of body conscience. But if it fails, I'll have to move to more normal types of gifts as T-shirts, swim shorts, PJs or some little appliances for his independence life.

The experiment was more successful with his ex-boyfriend. Last August it was his 29th birthday and having in count that he's a handsome good-looking twunk and also a big fan of Adele, I decided to give him the best of both worlds under the same wrap: a physical CD copy of '30' and a speedo from Turbo, specifically this speedo in size S (30") and swim variant, not waterpolo:
turbo-banador-slip-scotland-proresist.jpg
turbo-banador-slip-scotland-proresist.jpg (25.29 KiB) Viewed 4496 times
At the moment, he have tried his Turbo speedo on and he doesn't wear it anymore. He told me that it was tight for him and it compressed his ass a bit; maybe I should have bought it in size M (32"). However, my gift led him to buy his own speedos , so I consider that he would be wearing the Turbo if it was a bigger size in order to run a bit loose on him. We both are planning a trip to Brazil in October and I will give him two more speedos for his 30th birthday: one is a Clever and the other is an XTG, both size M and made for 32" (the Clever one is 30" but it could stretch as much as 34". The XTG one was bought for me in Black Friday but it runs a little big on my body). I know he will wear them, save this post! The speedos on this year's gift are these (and it will be the last of this nature for him):
L9069007-2.jpg
L9069007-2.jpg (65.26 KiB) Viewed 4496 times
banador-cactus-salt-2.jpg
banador-cactus-salt-2.jpg (30.25 KiB) Viewed 4496 times
I applied the same experiment with another friend giving him a Clever speedo along a T-shirt for his 28th birthday but it didn't seem to have any effect. My friend thanked me for the gift but he wore swim shorts in his only two or three visits to the beach or pool of this Southern Hemisphere summer. Maybe that's because he went to the beach with workmates and to the pool with his family. He is also a twunk and sometimes posts naughty pics on Twitter or Instagram Close Friends, so it's only a matter of time to him to wear his speedo. I tried to invite him to my house in order to help him with some anxiety and depression problems through conversations, pool and a good friends time -and see him wearing his speedo, too- but he doesn't answer my messages since a few weeks ago, so there's not much I can do about him for now. I can't post the pic of the speedo because I hadn't taken a pic of it and there isn't any pic of it on Google. I bought it in an official Clever store in Medellin and I didn't like how the print looked on me, so I reserved it for this friend.

JustaSpeedoguy
New Zealand

Post by JustaSpeedoguy » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:03 am

Sorry to hear your best friend hasn’t taken to speedos yet, maybe if he tries wearing square cuts in Brazil it’ll be easier for him to try out a brief style after that.

Cool the exboyfriend is getting into speedos. Hope you guys have fun hanging out together in your speedos. Those suits look great.

Been tempted to give some of my friends speedos as bday gifts

Harsh1994
Peru

Post by Harsh1994 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:10 pm

JustaSpeedoguy wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:03 am
Sorry to hear your best friend hasn’t taken to speedos yet, maybe if he tries wearing square cuts in Brazil it’ll be easier for him to try out a brief style after that.

Cool the exboyfriend is getting into speedos. Hope you guys have fun hanging out together in your speedos. Those suits look great.

Been tempted to give some of my friends speedos as bday gifts
I'd wish my best friend join the trip to Brazil with us (his ex-boyfriend and I) but he can't afford it, so he'll stay in Peru. Missed opportunity to show himself with his speedo on in a speedo-friendly place. He could do it in my house's small swimming pool but if he doesn't want to do it, I can't obligate him. Although there are a growing number of beachgoers wearing short shorts and boardshorts in Rio, specially after Jair Bolsonaro was elected as the President of Brazil, speedos and sungas continue to be a staple of Brazilian and Carioca culture which even tourists have adopted there. At least that trip will be the perfect time for his ex-boyfriend and I to strength friendship ties... and even do some naughty things together, hahaha (or maybe not and we could survive horniness with some Grindr/Scruff dates... what happens in Rio stays in Rio).

Giving speedos to friends as bday gifts is not a bad idea but it can be a hit-and-miss depending of the culture of your country or city and the manners of your closest friend circle. It's easier to give speedos to gay friends than to straight friends due to speedos being an essential part of gay culture in the Northern Hemisphere and some places in the Southern Hemisphere (mainly Australia and Brazil), but even there some gay guys don't want to wear them because they prefer more conservative styles of swimwear to wear at the pool or beach. I think my mistake was giving my best friend a swim brief instead of a square cut since the beginning. Swim briefs worked from the start with his ex-boyfriend because I knew he had a lot of curiosity on speedos, but that wasn't the case with my best friend. Even when I chose a plain black swim brief that is a conservative choice, the factor form of the cloth and the fact that he used to 'bronze' himself with a short sleeve T-shirt on would revealed that I should have gone more conservative than choosing a black brief for him.

I will buy him a square cut swimsuit, anyways. But I’m taking the Aussiebum League 23 off my list because I tried my League 19 w/o logo (same fit) and it’s still briefer than my best friend would like. It would be Speedo, Arena or Adidas, then. Would be a square cut from Speedo Valmilton collection good for a speedo-starter?

Harsh1994
Peru

Post by Harsh1994 » Mon May 01, 2023 5:33 pm

There are news about this matter. Last weekend I visited my best friend in order to gather together with other two friends to drink, smoke weed and do some gossip. Yesterday, after I left his home to go to a family lunch (I use to sleep in his room in those circumstances due to the distance between houses and the possibility of doing more activities next day), I went to a office supply store and bought some gift wrap. I strolled with that gift wrap for half of the city while I was waiting my best friend to answer me what we would do after he finished job. He was at our female best friend's home, so I went there. After some hours, we went out for dinner with another friend. While we were waiting for a taxi to the restaurant, we were talking about gifts because I still had the gift wrap with me and almost all of it is for my mother's Mother's Day gift which will be a sewing machine. My best friend said joking that I shouldn't give them 'carbon', then he told me that I should measure him better because the black speedo I gave him for his 31st birthday didn't fit him properly. (He wore it once only for trying it on as said in previous posts, but it seems like it was very very snug for him although his body fully entered in the speedo. It was a size 30 from iSwim but it actually runs like a 26-28. I tried it on before giving it to him and it ran very very snug on me)

So, I'm thinking of giving him another plain black speedo this week. I bought it for another friend's birthday gift but he would wear it better. I realized my best friend actually is size 30, not 28, so I'm giving him this speedo from AussieBum, the Swish, size S (30):
swishonyx.jpg
swishonyx.jpg (18.7 KiB) Viewed 4171 times
I had already bought it along this other speedo from Aussiebum, also for him but it will be his actual birthday gift, the AussieBum League 23 color "marine" size S (30). Both speedos would come in an order for 4 swim briefs that I have to pick up tomorrow from the post office:
league23marine.jpg
league23marine.jpg (26.96 KiB) Viewed 4171 times
league23marine-1.jpg
league23marine-1.jpg (53.64 KiB) Viewed 4171 times
I have hopes for a great response from him. A very very snug speedo would be the reason which prevented him to wear it even in a very speedo-friendly space as my house's pool.

Speedeau
Canada

Post by Speedeau » Wed May 03, 2023 2:51 am

Oh that is interesting! He is really willing to enter into the speedo world! Keep us posted on this!

Otobias
Portugal

Post by Otobias » Sat May 27, 2023 4:22 am

That is cool. And I love the picked AB models that you chose!

Enviado do meu SM-A525F através do Tapatalk

Harsh1994
Peru

Post by Harsh1994 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:58 pm

UPDATE November 20, 2023: Last night my best friend and I have reconciled and while we won't gather frequently as before for a while, at least we are friends again and maybe we will live new and better adventures in the future. Obviously, no more speedos for him - I could see that he doesn't like them so much as me

Hi guys, I'm back in this topic. Finally I gave him another speedo from Clever that I had bought thinking on another friend. He proposed to me to go on a trip to a beach with his female best friend and I packed this speedo in size M (me, again measuring him badly... he was S in Clever).
cleveralex.jpg
cleveralex.jpg (187.72 KiB) Viewed 3232 times
I gave it to him after we arrived to our hostel and he wore it at the beach under his swim shorts next day. At today he hasn't wore it solely in public. I wonder how hot he would have looked with his speedo on. Sadly, he's not body-conscious and he feels fat although he is not. I can't obey him to wear something that he doesn't want to wear nor be conscious of his body. The other speedos that I bought for him will be for other friends or for my own use.

Even more sadly, him and I are not friends anymore. [Starting a little bit of off-topic] One month later from that trip, he fell very ill with dengue, so his -at that moment- latest ex-boyfriend and me went to his home in order to care for his health for four days until his parents came. However, one month later more, in July, he went to another trip with his female best friend to the city where she has a job, and they didn't tell me about that. I wanted to go out with him but I weren't aware that he was in another city. Then I discovered that he was there and crossing the Peru-Ecuador border. I went to suffer of insomnia due to two very hard days and the next day I asked him to pay me a little debt to an earlier visit to a nightclub, but he was constantly uploading pics to social media and ignoring my message at the same time. I claimed him his ignorance to my message, and then he exploded and broke our friendship one-sidedly without caring about the great moments lived together nor all the good things I did for him (eg: caring for him when he fell ill with dengue). We partially rebuilt our friendship two days later due to interference from other close friends of ours. I traveled to Panama and Ecuador, then went back to our city, gave welcome to two female friends from Lima... and I wanted to join them two months later (currently last week) in the house of one of them while celebrating her birthday. Plus he told his ex -another Speedo-recipient from me- that he weren't attending The Weeknd's concert in Lima with us and he was selling his ticket, then he told the same to his ex, and he exploded again. This time, the friendship was irremediably broken by him. I tried to make him think of all of our relationship but he didn't give a sh-t about it. We were still going out with friends for two weeks more but ultimately he treated me horribly and denied being my friend and loving me. At today, he blocked me from viewing his WhatsApp statuses and unfollowed me and deleted me from his followers in Instagram; being his IG account private, this prevents me to see any activity in his social network accounts. I still managed to send him a greeting for his 33rd birthday. I cried for weeks thinking about him and our ruined friendship but I'm ultimately building a closer friendship with his ex-boyfriend due to our trip to Brazil and our attendance to The Weeknd's concert (my ex-friend's ticket was re-bought from me and re-sold at the entrance queue to the venue). His ex-boyfriend is really a better person than him. Meanwhile, I discovered that my ex-best friend use to broke strong friendships one-sidedly all the time and it's like a pattern in him. He did that to his ex-boyfriend accusing him to talk behind his back in his home when he was only arguing with his boyfriend. Years earlier he went to be best friends with another friend of mine and both left the rest of the world behind until they moved to Lima and this friend felt uncomfortable with the capital city life, then my ex-best friend pulled him off home like he was a mangy dog. So sad for him to turn to be a bad friend when he gets angry for whatsoever. Now I don't have a best friend but some good friends whom I still have very healthy relationships with.

I gave his ex-boyfriend three speedos more (two from Clever and one from Aussiebum, all of them swim briefs in size S) as a gift for his birthday but he didn't wear none of them yet while we were in Brazil; however, I found he prefer square-cuts over briefs, so my last attempt will be next year with square-cuts. Maybe he will found a good time to wear them soon. Plus he is already planning a trip to Cancun and wants me to be his partner in that. Meanwhile, I started to like the design of the speedo shown above and given that its recipient isn't my friend anymore, I decided to buy it again in size S for my own use. So here it is Harsh-peruvian wearing the Clever Emiliano Swim Briefs (discontinued, 2019-2020 collection):
clever4.jpg
clever4.jpg (160.54 KiB) Viewed 3231 times
clever3.jpg
clever3.jpg (40.53 KiB) Viewed 3231 times
clever1.jpg
clever1.jpg (29.28 KiB) Viewed 3231 times
clever2.jpg
clever2.jpg (191.38 KiB) Viewed 3231 times